on order 2021 Mercedes car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #175070 Reply
    Micky

Hi has anyone that placed an order for mercedes CLA when it was on scheme in 2021 had a car order honoured or even delivered ,or a date in 2022 it approx will be delivered ????

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #175071 Reply
    Micky

Because I think I’m being taken for an unimportant car order,dealer contradicts etc etc ,fed up with it.

#175072 Reply
    Capuchin

I think Mercedes are having serious fulfillment problems currently. Your dealer might also be bad but I have a friend with a top spec EQC on order and it’s also becoming a nightmare.

#175079 Reply
    Micky

I see yes it is a mess,mercedes do not issue any form of updates toTHIER CUSTOMERS.

I wait again untill end of may this year then i reconsider  mercedes,motability etc,I have been & am patient but I s running thin.

#175080 Reply
    Micky
    1. I’m told cars should start to appear for any customer April may.
    2. Mercedes on scheme again I think maybe Q3
    #175081 Reply
    Kirstymc

We ordered our CLA beginning of September. The order is in but as with lots of cars at the moment, no sign and no build date. Not expecting to see it before May. Think that’s being optimistic but live in hope

#175082 Reply
    Paul

Can sense your frustration Micky.Hard as it is, just wait it out.Because reordering anothet car will take longet than the mercedes now anyhow.Positives you have ordered the car you want,choices now are so bad and you just be saying to yourself “why didnt i just wait a bit longer”.

I really feel for those placing their first order and are without transport altogether.

#175083 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Didn’t I read somewhere that new Mercedes cars are turning up with loads of tech missing due to shortages?!

#175087 Reply
    Micky

Thankyou Paul ,well it’s so confusing my dealer said car is now  pending  as CLA not on scheme now ,won’t be again. He said mercedes not on scheme & not sure if it will be April 1st 22 ???

But he said couple months back as order was placed June 21 shootingbreak, and it removed from scheme July 21 my order safe ?

It’s bloody cofuseing ,the order still showing on motability account .

As for spec missing yes I’m told that too but you just don’t know what car will have?.

E brochure Jan 22 says all spec still there ,but it seems mercedes have their own way of doing things.

If I ever get this car I will post what it has, on the order I’ve chosen everything ,that’s why advance is £5095.09

I have & am being patient ,I just don’t want to do all this & at end no car.

#175092 Reply
    Capuchin

I was looking at going private if the kona isn’t suitable for me Micky, and I think you could be in a fairly similar state financially. We could likely pick up a fully loaded 2016-2017 CLA/CLS class or even perhaps 5 series for 20k. We’d have to pay insurance but would own the car at the end. Stretch to 30k+ and we’re in Range Rover sport territory.

At the end of the day we picked motability because of the hassle free nature, but if it’s going to nothing but hassle….

#175105 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I was looking at going private if the kona isn’t suitable for me Micky, and I think you could be in a fairly similar state financially. We could likely pick up a fully loaded 2016-2017 CLA/CLS class or even perhaps 5 series for 20k. We’d have to pay insurance but would own the car at the end. Stretch to 30k+ and we’re in Range Rover sport territory. At the end of the day we picked motability because of the hassle free nature, but if it’s going to nothing but hassle….

If your budget stretches to £30k you could probably get a brand new 5 Series. I went along to our BMW dealers to look at a 12 month old 5 Series M-Sport that they were advertising. The salesperson explained that it had sold but that they could probably get me a brand new one for the same price. I ended up ordering a brand new 5 Series with an on the road price (including options and servicing plan) of just over £40k for an agreed price of £30k. This was for a factory order car built to my exact spec. The discount was a combination of manufacturer, dealer and BMW finance discounts although I paid off the finance a few months after I got the car so that I owned it outright and I didn’t have to repay the discount (this applies to all PCP’s – it’s a loophole that many people exploit). When I sold the car I worked out that even taking account of all running costs (depreciation, insurance, road tax, tyres etc) it had cost no more to run over 3 years than my wife’s Motability Tiguan. It was just as ‘worry free’ as Motability as the car was covered under a manufacturers warranty throughout. Having owned, run or driven hundreds of cars from most manufacturers (including Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Land Rover etc) I can honestly say that the 5 Series was the best of the lot by some margin. I’ve had 3 of them they are that good.

#175109 Reply
    Micky

Yes capuchin I am thinking exactly that go my own way get Jag etc I am so fed up with it ,& no assistance updates FROM ANY ORGANISATION  I think my dealer has said although your order was placed and accepted  when this car was on scheme, all change . Because mercedes are not now on scheme until ???  ,he told me before car was safe as order accepted, I don’t think he knows or cares,what load of sod you mate etc.

#175110 Reply
    Micky

I am tired of no one doing their job because of chips etc etc ALL OF THEM.

#175145 Reply
    Kami
    #175146 Reply
    Micky
    1. Interesting Kami yes
    2. I’m told my order going in when car was on scheme should be safe, so I don’t know what my dealer is on about.
    3. As I’ve said I’m just not bothering to contact him,if car show up so he it if not ,keep old car look into other ALTERNATIVES
    #175163 Reply
    Capuchin

@Glos-Guy I’m looking at the 2019 Volvo V90 or XC60 T8’s or the X5 PHEV’s. (I don’t buy new in general) Beautiful cars and I can see it being overall cheaper than motability. Something like this : https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112040213058

Comfortable, quick, all the toys. Probably sells for over 30k in 4 years as it’s a PHEV.

You can also get a 2017-2018 Mercedes C350E for well under 20k That’s not depreciating even 5k in 3 years. Micky would a C350E like this suit you? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111059271344

A new fully loaded 5 series for under 30k in the current climate sounds like a pipe dream unfortunately!

#175170 Reply
    Capuchin

Weird, apparently last post here is from @Glos-Guy but I can’t see it.

#175174 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I quoted you in my post, but as your post contained external links it has caused my post to “await moderation” to make sure that I’m not posting anything dodgy! If it doesn’t appear I will attempt to repeat it later, without quoting your post.

#175273 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

My reply never appeared, so I’ll try again! I wasn’t suggesting that you’d get a fully loaded 5 Series for ‘under £30k’, and the £40k one that I got £10k discount on was a few years ago. However, there are still huge discounts to be had on the 5 Series even now, so I don’t think it would be miles out. I’ve seen deals advertised recently for around £7k off and that’s before you haggle a dealer discount.

However, of all the cars you mentioned that you are considering, the X5 45e would be the one I’d go for. The current X5 is superb and in 45e form often comes out as best luxury PHEV in the motoring press. The only problem that I foresee is that most buyers add £10k plus of optional extras and with that and the used market being as it is at present, I should think that most used ones would cost as much as a new one and, as you will know, they aren’t exactly cheap! In fact, a quick check on Autotrader shows that the cheapest one for sale at the moment (an X-Line with 35,000 miles on the clock) is £60k!

#175164 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@Glos-Guy I’m looking at the 2019 Volvo V90 or XC60 T8’s or the X5 PHEV’s. (I don’t buy new in general) Beautiful cars and I can see it being overall cheaper than motability. Something like this : https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112040213058 Comfortable, quick, all the toys. Probably sells for over 30k in 4 years as it’s a PHEV. You can also get a 2017-2018 Mercedes C350E for well under 20k That’s not depreciating even 5k in 3 years. Micky would a C350E like this suit you? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111059271344 A new fully loaded 5 series for under 30k in the current climate sounds like a pipe dream unfortunately!

I’m not saying that it would be ‘under £30k’ nor would you get a fully loaded one, but I see regular offers of substantial discounts off new 5 Series cars, even now. However, of the cars you mention I would be going for the X5 45e PHEV. It tends to always come out as the best luxury PHEV and the latest X5 is a cracking car. We came close to buying one a few years ago, but are glad that we had second thoughts as the pandemic then started and it would have been sat in the garage depreciating! Given the choice on Motability at present we are likely to be joining you next time around!

#175284 Reply
    Micky

Update 25/1/22

Well ,I decided to post a review about group 1 mercedes, a polite but honest review , I phoned dealership today got an emediate  put through to my dealer, he saw the review understood my frustrations in waiting, explained how he trys but has little information to pass on, this prompted him to search availability and he found a car which exactly fitted with what I had ordered, where the car is I’m not sure but built finished , he emailed mercedes explaining he has customer motability been waiting 8 months he has been patient out of frustration he has now posted a review which could impact on mercedes customer relations, as this car is an exact car of which I ordered, & he said it could be the car you ordered ??, He said could be your car ??.

So he has asked them to send it to my dealership for me march 2022, thus keep customers happy ,the answer could be no ,but I hope they agree & send it through,for me to collect,?? Watch this space .

#175285 Reply
    Micky

Maybe it is my car ???  Maybe it was on the way?? Maybe it was being held onto ?? For another customer

I hope they decide to send it march time ,if not I have to cancelled like many others have & look at alternatives.

Stay safe.

#175287 Reply
    Capuchin

Hope you get it Micky! Have to say I feel a bit sorry for the dealerships in all this, they are getting shafted between 2 posts. Gonna try to wait it out for my Kona but not at all happy with Hyundai. Their own factory don’t know where they are in the orders. (And they aren’t building them in order)

Think I’ve narrowed my choices down to 3 if the motability doesn’t work out. ( all estate cars) All should work out cheaper than motability assuming a 3k AP.

BMW 520d 2019

Volvo V90/V60 PHEV 2017+

Mercedes C350e PHEV 2018

#175290 Reply
    Rene

Just double check on battery warranties. I’m not 100% certain it’s a good idea to buy a used car now (with premium prices), that’s at the end of the warranty of the most expensive part that WILL fail eventually. They have sorta “use by date”.

For the Benz, it would be 6 years or 62.000 miles, not sure about the Volvo. They’re probably not as expensive to replace as a Tesla battery pack (pretty certain there), but it ain’t gonna be cheap either. Not to mention that a heavy SUV with a weak battery is basically just a normal petrol variant, but weighing 200kg extra.

Not saying “don’t buy used PHEVs/EVs” – but be very diligent in your research about vehicle history, and available warranties. Also ask for test drives that allow you to run the HV battery dry from full, to judge the actual available range left.

#175292 Reply
    Micky

Capuchin  yes possibly I wish you all good fortune .

I’ve had an email from dealer again said a development with mercedes ,he said he has had notification that new mercedes  stock has just been released, he said he has found in his words this time an exact match to my car,and has temporarily reserved it, he said I think we have pulled it off BUT HE WANTED OFFICIAL CONFIRMATIIN MERCEDES

So in his words & mine fingers crossed for march delivery.

Keep safe I do hope all of you waiting have success

#175338 Reply
    struth
    Participant

phev batteries are not silly expensive(probably under a grand), but will have a lifespan which will be dependant on miles and charge patterns etc. the car wont run at all if battery is completely goosed tho.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
Reply To: on order 2021 Mercedes car
Your information: