On a drive to eat healthier.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141042 Reply
    Brydo

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141043 Reply
    Brydo

Conscious of the need to eat better I am trying to eat more “healthy” food. Porridge, blueberries and a banana for breakfast keeps me regular lol.

The other fruits I’m not so keen on but will persevere.

Does anyone else have a healthy breakfast routine?

#141046 Reply
    Brydo

Just as I sent that last post a parcel was delivered from my daughter to cheer me and mum up.

#141048 Reply
    Brydo

The healthy eating may have to go on hold for a week or so lol.

#141099 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I have had a banana, orange or easy pealer clementine, a small pear and a few black grapes, almost every morning for the last year , plus the occasional small yoghurt or spoonful or two of Muesli or oats, Sometimes with milk but mainly with water .

Previously I had toast and jam or similar, and started on the fruit to try and keep the weight down.

Don’t think that we lose a lot of weight, as fruit can sometimes be quite high in sugar?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#141102 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ve been told I’m a reprobate for eating my usual breakfast of prawns.

#141106 Reply
    Brydo

Well Julie that’s a new one on me, prawns for breakfast, I’ll stick with my porridge thanks.

#141143 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Prawns for breakfast? How delightfully decadent. Much respect, Julie.

#141171 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I love a prawn cocktail

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#141173 Reply
    Brydo

I see they are highlighting people with a BMI of over 30 to be at more risk of death from the virus. Even more reason, if any were needed, to reduce weight and get fit.

#141189 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The problem with prawns is they are high in salt, so if you do venture down the decadence of prawns for breakfast remember you’ll use up half your salt intake for the day before it gets started.

The good thing about prawns is they are very low in fats & carbs of course, hence the snowflake generation came up with the idea of prawn avocado to counter the health benefits, although oleic acid (the fat in avocados & olive oil) probably isn’t much of a worry in anything but the calorie counting department.

And with that I’m off out to sneak up on a pheasant or grouse in the EV to bag my dinner……

Knowing my luck it’ll be roadkill badger again.

#141211 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I’ve no objection to eating roadkill. Trouble is what do you do with their bikes?

(Apologies to Frankie Boyle)

#141241 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Toothpicks?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: On a drive to eat healthier.
Your information: