Ohme charger

• Creator
    Topic
    Footloose
    Participant

Hi

I’m due to have an Ohme wall charger fitted soon but can i ask with regards to scheduled charging that some chargers allow for a start time and end time such as off peak does Ohme have the same function to program the time or does it start/end when off peak is available automatically on the nights/mornings I select?

Forgive me if it’s a daft question please?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

@Footloose

If you’re reading you electricity costs from an In Home Display they don’t read both peak and off peak tariffs.  I’m on Octopus Intelligent Go so 7.5p/kWh from 23:30 – 05:30 and about 28p during the rest of the time.  (actualy my tariffs changed today so 7p off peak and 22.41p peak)

My IHD was reading £7 or more after a charge but it was basing it on the wrong price per kW, about 28p instead of 7.5p

It then started reading it the other way round! so while it now reads £2 – £3 for an overnight charge it still reads the peak use during the day at the same rate!.  I asked Octopus about resetting or hitting it with a hammer but they said IHD’s are basically useless and not to bother with it!!!

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
        Participant

If only he had put a hat on it like mine ,or at lease vaseline or something over the screws {Just had to replace my charger as the old Ohme was faulty. Little tip cover the hole at the top with something as the screw rusts really bad. I had to bend the whole unit and crack the plastic to remove from the bracket as I couldn’t get the screw out due to rusting.}

Your not having much luck with chargers buddy lol.

I fill the rawl plug with silicone then silicone over the screw hole to make watertight and then  put a neat bead of silicone along the top and sids of charger. Never had an issue 🙂

Footloose
          Participant

Phaedra

i woke up this morning thinking great that 13kw on the Ohme app confirmed 9p per kw =£1:19 thereabouts and confirmed off peak hours for charging that I manually set just incase as Ohme seemed to have different rates (cheaper) to my tarrif but when i looked at my smart meter it showed £4:48?

Phaedra
            Participant

As I posted (and Kezo mentioned) on your other postings, the IHD will be reading at peak rate, so say 60p standing charge plus usage,

60p standing charge plus 13kWh at about 28p would equal around £4.48 or thereabouts depending on your other usage during that time.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Footloose
              Participant

That’s correct but annoying that I didn’t receive off peak rate of 8.99p for the off peak hours I set on the Ohme app and also set to not charge over that.

Im sorry I’m probably doing members heads in 😞

Ele
                Participant

If only he had put a hat on it like mine ,or at lease vaseline or something over the screws {Just had to replace my charger as the old Ohme was faulty. Little tip cover the hole at the top with something as the screw rusts really bad. I had to bend the whole unit and crack the plastic to remove from the bracket as I couldn’t get the screw out due to rusting.}

Your not having much luck with chargers buddy lol. I fill the rawl plug with silicone then silicone over the screw hole to make watertight and then put a neat bead of silicone along the top and sids of charger. Never had an issue 🙂

Mines fine mate no issues here

I forgot to say I just nicked this off another site

Not sure a charger should need any silicone bead following install as keep being told they are made watertight

Seems Ohme long term build quality aint all that

Or perhaps thats their plan

Phaedra
                  Participant

That’s correct but annoying that I didn’t receive off peak rate of 8.99p for the off peak hours I set on the Ohme app and also set to not charge over that. Im sorry I’m probably doing members heads in 😞

You probably did, it’s just the IHD displaying the wrong price.  With Octopus I can’t see my actual costs until I get the monthly bill.  It then lists how manykWh at each rate.  Here’s my last one,

Footloose
                    Participant

I hope that’s the case?

What is an IHD?

So should i ignore the smart meter display and continue with my charging and settings on the Ohme app?

Phaedra
                      Participant

In Home Display

kezo
                        Participant

I hope that’s the case? What is an IHD? So should i ignore the smart meter display and continue with my charging and settings on the Ohme app?

The display you see how much your using.

EDF do monthly bills, so its worth logging into your account and checking monthly.

Footloose
                          Participant

Thank you for explaining things everyone 👍

kezo
                            Participant

Mines fine mate no issues here I forgot to say I just nicked this off another site Not sure a charger should need any silicone bead following install as keep being told they are made watertight Seems Ohme long term build quality aint all that Or perhaps thats their plan

Ive seen Ohme chargers on ebay like that.

I tend to bin supplied screws and use my own and always do it to be on safe side and always have a tub of copper grease on jobs.

MickC
                              Participant

Ohme sent me a notification to my phone that a new app is coming soon.

Ele
                                Participant

If only more were as considerate as you

Tbh imo Ohme needs to stop skimping on the quality of both product and motorbility installation

All eggs in one basket will often end badly

kezo
                                  Participant

If only more were as considerate as you Tbh imo Ohme needs to stop skimping on the quality of both product and motorbility installation All eggs in one basket will often end badly

My mum who’s also on the scheme has ordered the Kona electric couple week ago. Ohme after several retaking of the video and drawing they need, which they don’t understand but, understand the exact same one sent in again, have now come back wanting to the land registary which they have two hopes Bob and No of getting, as my parents let the bank keep them in their safe, when they paid the mortgage off years ago. So ever Ohme will have to pay to get them released or pay the land registary for them, otherwise they will tell Motability to stick it and buy a car privately!

Terrible service! As you say all eggs in one basket will end badly.

Ele
                                    Participant

Well

getting this thread back on track

People now have and are using the new Ohme App

And liking it by all accounts

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Ele.
                                      MickC
                                      Participant

Ive put my charger to “sleep” until i get a car.

Footloose
                                        Participant

Hi all,

I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that helped and explained the issues I was having with EDF and the useless IHD readings as it was clear the IHD wasn’t showing off peak as mentioned.

Thank you all very much as you were able to explain it a lot better than my energy provider (EDF)

This site is a fantastic help 👋👍

MickC
                                          Participant

I dont have a hole in my  Epod.

MickC
                                            Participant

Well getting this thread back on track People now have and are using the new Ohme App And liking it by all accounts

Does the new app automatically replace the old app ? or is it a case of un installing the app from your phone and installing the new app from the play store ?

Elliot
                                              Participant

I don’t seem to be able to update the Ohme app yet. Does anyone know if it now allows more than one vehicle to be added?

Ele
                                                Participant

Mine has not updated and Im still on V2.12

Personally happy as all I need is it to charge when plugged into

Not sure of what benifits the updates bring simply know its improved

cmartindale74
                                                  Participant

Hi All,

quick update, ordered car 24th of June, charger installed today, 3 week turn around.

Apparently my fuse will be changed at some point to a 100 amp.

New meters being fitted next Wednesday, so i can then change tariffs.

Just have to wait for the car to arrive (any time between Sept & Dec)

kezo
                                                    Participant

Hi All, quick update, ordered car 24th of June, charger installed today, 3 week turn around. Apparently my fuse will be changed at some point to a 100 amp. New meters being fitted next Wednesday, so i can then change tariffs. Just have to wait for the car to arrive (any time between Sept & Dec)

How long did you have to wait for the new meters and who are you with?

Most DNO’s are upgrading cut-out fuses to 80A but, are fitted in an 100A carrier 🙂

cmartindale74
                                                      Participant

Hi Kezo,

moved to Octopus from Utilita on the 24th of June, switch happened on the 27th of June, Once switched, was then offered various dates in July to swap the meters, 24th of July was the most convenient with work.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.