Ohme charger

• Creator
    Topic
    Footloose
    Participant

Hi

I’m due to have an Ohme wall charger fitted soon but can i ask with regards to scheduled charging that some chargers allow for a start time and end time such as off peak does Ohme have the same function to program the time or does it start/end when off peak is available automatically on the nights/mornings I select?

Forgive me if it’s a daft question please?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Elliot
      Participant

This was nothing more than a query from me given that Motability and Ohme both said we were getting 2 chargers. Someone has seen fit to turn it into a personal attack.  Thanks to @kezo for giving me the answers I require.

Ele
        Participant

@Elliot No matter what you were told Elliot, its seems actions are louder, Ohme only installed one charger. If anyone told you differently on the phone, in all likely hood it woll be dismissed. If however you have written confirmation to have 2 chargers installed, that is a contract and they would have to honour that. I dont know why you are stressing yourself out over it. If needs be, just get another charger installed, even if you have to pay for it. Common sense prevails, unless you are driving a couple of hundred miles per day, you wont need 2 chargers.

I agree and sensible advice imo,

If these events unfolded as claimed then without hesitation if it was me the Motorbility CEO PA would be getting yet another @ as they are then able to look closely at the detail of actual events and amend where needed

Suspect this could just be a case of crossed wires with phone jockeys,

Plenty more of them to come when dealing with Ohme.

kezo
          Participant

To add some perspective neither Ohme or Motability have actually said @Elliot can’t have a charger per car. It was joe blogs the contractor from one of these national companies, that said something along those lines. The contractor also said, if you were to have two chargers they would be linked, providing 3.6kW each. From my Knowledge Ohme chargers can’t truely be linked together like Easee and many other charger can.

I wonder what would happen if one EV was put on hold/cancelled untill the charger for the other EV was installed and then reorder the second EV, so the process is at a different schedule?

Ioniq
            Participant

@kezo

I had ordered an EV, and completed the Ohme survey, and 3 months later cancelled and ordered another EV. A couple of days later I received the standard Ohme email for another installation. As I had all the pics and info on my PC, I filled that site survey in as well.

Ohme replied a week later and cancelled the 2nd installation survey and went with the original.

kezo
              Participant

@Ioniq

Sorry I could have made myself clearer on previous comment. for example

Mr Ioniq, Motability reference number xxx places order, cancels some months later and reorders a different vehicle. This triggers Ohmes standard letter procedure however, it is flagged, as mr Ioniq motability custmer reference number, already  has an application in progress.

In the Elliot household,

mr Elliot motability reference number xxx places an order for an electric vehicle, which triggers Ohme’s installation response.

mrs Elliot motablity reference number xyz at a later date places an order for her motability car…..

Here we have two completely different Motability customers with two different reference numbers, with only the address linking them.

Normally when work is contracted out, the order reference number is what is important for billing purposes, hence my question if mr & mrs @Elliot, both motability customers ordered their vehicles at different time periods rather than during the same period.

Ioniq
                Participant

@kezo

Yup, indeed its probably the same address that triggers that something is amiss on the Ohme system.

The Motability sales person had suggested that Ohme had previously deleted the installation with a cancelled order and a new order, as it had happened to a previous customer of theirs. It seems that Ohme had deleted both.

When waiting on the Ohne fitment, I received an email from Ohme telling me the charger was going to be fitted next week, but the postcode was for an address 200 miles away, probably the Ohme order number had a couple of transposed numbers. Probably A clerical error by Ohme.

It is a minefield dealing with Ohme.

Then again, most installs are quick and painless. Its the complicated ones where Ohme falls short.

Ele
                  Participant

As we are all Pioneers

Im sure going forward future OTA updates will allow more flexability within the chargers

And it is a shame that Easee in no longer an option on the scheme (Had mine for just a few months and it also looks better imo)

Easee allowed multiple add-on chargers from the 1st install although this can split the charger speeds between each or if I remember correctly you are able to set up and just charge one if you wish on full charge speed once completed it hops over to other chargers that are plugged into the queue.

It can only get better

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Ele.
                    kezo
                    Participant

It is a minefield dealing with Ohme. Then again, most installs are quick and painless. Its the complicated ones where Ohme falls short.

Motability contract the charging to Ohme, who contract out to a national, which then gets contracted out to a local company/sole trader. What can go wrong!

The survey should be mandatory that it is  but, to ensure carried out by an onsite survey by the actual installer . Not only because we are disabled, but to physically check ensuring everything is in order and safe and a maximum demand calculation done by phsically checking the ratings of MCB’s etc. There would be less error such as the on @MFillingham encountered and alarming the DNO, they had to send a letter, along with the numerous other members I have helped.

Installers should be limited to one or two instals a day, as they would if it was their own work. There would be less installation errors would be caused some of which are dangerous, such as what happened to @Burgerman333 AKA ELE, when their Easee charger was replaced.

EV ultra cable should be used in all situations, rather than SWA or tuff cable with a seperate run of CAT 5. EVUltra clips or similar should also be used, so the customer isn’t left with a property looking like an industrial or commercial unit,oh and = not to forget some of them need a spirit level.

Yes the process could be alot better.

And it is a shame that Easee in no longer an option on the scheme (Had mine for just a few months and it also looks better imo) Add on multiple chargers from the 1st install although this can split the charger speeds between each or if I remember correctly you are able to set up and just charge one if you wish on full charge speed once completed it hops over to other chargers that are plugged into the queue.

Easse are everthing Ohme need to be as are others. There are not many chargers on the market that don’t have wifi ethernet and sim all built in them, able to be linked or have solar compatibility.

Easee build quality is also excellent, which is why it is one of my goto 22kW chargers.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by kezo.
                      cmartindale74
                      Participant

Hi All,

quick question regarding the ohme charger, going through the process of ordering the charger and if i choose the teathered charger (Home pro) for the 8m lenght cable it will charge me £96, but if i choose the epod i can have the 8m cable for free, is that right?

Thanks,

Chris

kezo
                        Participant

Hi All, quick question regarding the ohme charger, going through the process of ordering the charger and if i choose the teathered charger (Home pro) for the 8m lenght cable it will charge me £96, but if i choose the epod i can have the 8m cable for free, is that right? Thanks, Chris

From memory there never use to be a charge if you wanted 8m cable with the Pro, as it is with the E-pod unless anything has changed recently.

cmartindale74
                          Participant

Thanks @Kezo for the reply, have spoken with them this morning, apparently they are now charging for the longer cable with the home pro.

So i’ve gone for the epod, just got to go through the survey………… no massive rush as i’ve been quoted 3 months + for new car

Ele
                            Participant

Thanks @Kezo for the reply, have spoken with them this morning, apparently they are now charging for the longer cable with the home pro. So i’ve gone for the epod, just got to go through the survey………… no massive rush as i’ve been quoted 3 months + for new car

My advice would be to complete the survey now asap

That will give you a clear idea of what your particular install requires

DNO/supplier/survey/fitter all have to come to the party at the right times

Best to have your charger sitting idle than missing when needed

Been there got the T Shirt along with many others on here

cmartindale74
                              Participant

Hi Ele,

Have now completed survey, apparently a company called Plug in Stations will be in touch soon.

I think the actual install should be straight forward as the charger will be within 1.5m of the meter, hopefully they will fit an external consumer unit in the meter box to avoid drilling into the house.

Ryan
                                Participant

Similar situation to me,

I’ve completed the online form and have all the permissions done. Ohme have also contacted me to let me know the instillation provider – virtus energy – will be in contact soon, but still nothing, been about 5 days, anyone know how long this period takes?

as far as the instillation, our consumer unit is also indoors, but not far from the charging point. I think it should be simple (but I’m not an electrician), although I’m not quite aware what amp rating our fuse is. Hoping 100 or at least 80. Still haven’t changed electricity provider, I’m with British Gas. Was hoping to go for ohme pro, not sure what length charger they provide with that. Expecting the car in about 2 weeks if all goes well. Any tips or advice, would be appreciated

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Ryan.
                                  DelToro
                                  Participant

For me, it’s gone like this: Survey submitted and a couple of days later:

– 19th June: received a text from Ohme to say Fusion Electric will be carrying out the install.

– 21st June: received email from UK Power Networks confirming approval of application for a new electrical install.

– 24th June: received call from Fusion Electric to agree an install date. Earliest available date was 15th of July.

I went with the tethered option (ohme home pro) since I’ve read neither the Mach e nor the charger lock the cable during a charge. Therefore, the cable is just a sitting duck during a charge. People are cutting off and stealing DC fast charge cables these days. Imagine how quickly an unsecured cable would get nicked.

Phaedra
                                    Participant

Yes indeed, the ePod is unsecured, you can of course fit a retainer/hasp to the wall and lock it to that but as you say they’ll just cut through the cable if they really want it.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Fluffy
                                      Participant

Good discussion, many people do not comment, but this is good info. Especially home now charging for the 8m cable.

Ele
                                        Participant

Heads up new Ohme app very close to being released

I hear

Much much better are the reports from users already testing

kezo
                                          Participant

Its a shame Ohme charge a subscription after 3yrs , although small it mounts up over the life of the charger and that Ohme don’t have true solar integration on their charger’s, especially for those that have solar.

Footloose
                                            Participant

Hi all,

i hope you’re well

i have had my Ohme charger installed today and all went well but if i may ask a question regarding selecting my energy supplier and tarrif.
                                              I put EDF Go Electric in and it was recognised however the off peak and peak rate seemed cheaper, the off peak by 1 pence but still cheaper and the peak by more so i thought I had made an error however my first charge was £1.01 for 6.3kw which does amount to the peak charge rate shown on the Ohme app.I was delighted so I’ve now scheduled my charge and I’ve simply put 80% by each morning though won’t need that as I’ll only be charged for what’s needed as I can see me having around 40-50% already in the battery.I take it if I’m not home to charge it won’t make a difference as it’s not plugged in?

sorry for what may be daft questions.

thank you and have a fantastic weekend 👍

Footloose
                                              Participant

Hi

so around 10:30 i checked my smart meter to see my electricity had jumped from £3 to &7 in a couple of hours!!

I changed the Ohme app setting to off peak only and it seems to be pricing properly..i think?

i thought it was going smooth but got a shock to be honest but seems to be settling but another thing i noticed was that the Cupra app has caught up and also shows the charge and is easier to understand but why set a schedule on the Ohme app when Cupra has the settings and also at what battery percentage you currently have and how long left to 80% yet my schedule on Ohme is until 6am  it will it charge till then or stop when done ?

im now confused..sorry

kezo
                                                Participant

If set correctly it will stop charging at 6am even if the car hasn’t quite reached 80%

Footloose
                                                  Participant

Ohme says 72 of 130 miles charged at 1am whilst cupra app says 76% of 80% charged with 35 minutes to go?

Also I’m concerned about my electricity cost states on the meter £1:40 for 2.74 kw?

kezo
                                                    Participant

Given your with EDF, why dont you setup a schedule on the Ohme charger to start a 12am and finish at 4.59am or set the charger to charge when plugged in and control the schedule from your car.

What are your rates on EDF?

Your comment yesterday for 6.3kW costing £1.01 amounts to 16p kWh, which is likely cheaper than peak rate but, more expensive than the off peak rate. Remember your in home display will show household useage plus charging usage, to give a running total cost.

Ele
                                                      Participant

If only he had put a hat on it like mine ,or at lease vaseline or something over the screws

{Just had to replace my charger as the old Ohme was faulty. Little tip cover the hole at the top with something as the screw rusts really bad. I had to bend the whole unit and crack the plastic to remove from the bracket as I couldn’t get the screw out due to rusting.}

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.