Office for Zero Emissions Grant

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Have any of you foks been sent an email from Motability saying after an initial review of your survey information,it looks like you are eligible for the ^^^^^^ above grant.As Motability funds the cost of your Ohme charger and standard installation,the grant is claimed to help lessen the overall cost.

You’ll shortyl recieve an email from the Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme,with the next steps to complete your application.

You’ll need the below to complete your application.

Your mobile phone

Details about your electric vehicle

Details about your home

Consent from the owner or (owners) of the property if you are not the sole freeholder.

This application must be  submitted before we can arrange an installation date for your Ohme charger,Ohme will be notified,so theres no need to get in touch with us.

If you need any help please get intouch via thsi email.

If you have any questions or if we can help in any way please do let us know

All the best,teasm Ohme.

Is this fishy or what ???

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Marc
      Participant

It looks fishy to me, I wouldn’t click on any links on there, did you copy and paste the email into your opening post?

Daughters motability car Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 diesel automatic Ultimate.
        My car SEAT Ibiza SE Tec 1.2 petrol TSI 2017.

MickC
        Participant

@Marc i typed it out word for word,ive not clicked on any links.

sagwala123
          Participant

Seems fishy. The application for a charger install is done by the dealer ordering the vehicle.

Then you get contacted by the install company to complete a straight forward survey about your property and subject to that being ok a date is arranged.

No notification of grant eligibility or having to resend details. The supply and install cost is footed by Motability and nothing to do with being eligible for a grant or not.

I would delete it and forget about it.

sagwala123
            Participant

I wouldnt be at all surprised if the scam is a company piggy backing on a legitimate install and trying to claim grant money that they are not entitled to.

And, to be fair, the government dept. dealing with the grants would probably pay them as well ?

Collie
              Participant

If you have already done the Ohme survey they know the details about your home and who needs to give consent. You should call Ohme using the number on their website and check with them.

kezo
                Participant

The OZEV charging point grant is currently available to:

Homeowners who live in flats
                  People living in rental accommodation (flats and single-use properties)

https://www.find-government-grants.service.gov.uk/grants/electric-vehicle-chargepoint-grant-for-renters-and-flat-owners-1#eligibility

There is also a grant available to landlords called the – chargepoint and infrastructure grant for landlords.

I can remember someone a while ago on here saying similar and recieved a letter from HMRC I think asking if joe bloggs company had installed a charger!

MickC
                  Participant

Phoned Motability and they gave me the phone number of Ohme-ev.com and spoke to a lady who confirmed they had sent the email,i asked if i could refuse to apply for the “grant” and she said yes and all that would happen is they would let Motability know i was refusing to apply for the grant,she also said that Motability would still fit a EV charger.

I asked does applying for a “grant” slow the process down of installation ie do they wait for the “grant” application to be accepted,she no its usually done instantaneously.

By applying for the “grant” i will be getting £350 back to Motability’s coffers,so i will apply if it keeps costs down in the long run for the scheme.

MickC
                    Participant

Just done the “grant” application,and it was accepted instantaneously just like the lady said.

So Ohme will get notified about the “accepted grant” and they will now search out a suitable installer in my area………….better not be a cowboy outfit or i will tell them to clear off if i get a sniff that they are doing shody work.

kezo
                      Participant

By what you have just wrote its a con or should I say someon is trying it on!

Motability would say if they were planning on claiming a grant, as they would need permission off the landord or building owner to do so, if the home was rented!

sagwala123
                        Participant

I am always suspicious. Maybe Ohme are trying it on. Seems strange that Motability are not pushing the grant application if it reduces their contribution ?

I don’t trust anyone these days.

MickC
                          Participant

This is the email from Gov.UK

electrical.vehicle.grant.scheme@notifications.service.gov.uk

GOV.UK

We have confirmed your application with Ohme Operations UK Limited

Claim reference 225023

Dear Michael xxxxxxxx,
                            Ohme Operations UK Limited will now be able to install your chargepoint.

Before your chargepoint installation begins you need to:

Show your installer proof that you own, lease or are otherwise responsible for the electric vehicle you added to your application.

Consent from the owner or owners of the property, if you are not the sole freeholder
                            get permission from your local authority if there are any planning issues.

You can now contact your installer to arrange your chargepoint installation.

MickC
                            Participant

I am always suspicious. Maybe Ohme are trying it on. Seems strange that Motability are not pushing the grant application if it reduces their contribution ? I don’t trust anyone these days.

I dont trust anyone either always suspicious,but Motability put me thru to Ohme directly and Ohme confirmed everything was legit.

MickC
                              Participant

By what you have just wrote its a con or should I say someon is trying it on! Motability would say if they were planning on claiming a grant, as they would need permission off the landord or building owner to do so, if the home was rented!

They got sight of the permission letter/email in the survey i did on friday @kezo

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.