Offers – Post any Deals you find here…

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 312 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114795 Reply
    JS

Motability lift some restrictions from its dealers from tomorrow so expect calls/emails from over enthusiastic sales staff.

#114833 Reply
    ree94

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Does any one know if jct600 are still doing the £600 off AP deal and also if any other dealers are doing any money off AP deals</p>

#114834 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I have been in touch with jct600 and am awaiting a reply

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#114838 Reply
    ree94

Thank you 😊

#114863 Reply
    Bryan

Hi everyone,

Got a call from Motability saying that I can go ahead and order my new car now  so I’ve been emailing and ringing the big dealerships in relation to one noteworthy German brand.

So I gave them all my details and told them of what I want and that I’ll be ordering this week and the first to meet my AP discount gets the deal.

So far I’ve come across a big national dealership who didn’t even know that Motability was up and running again and another multi dealership who just sent me a load of insurance and financial gumph via a pdf form.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

#114864 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I’m still waiting for a reply hopefully

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#114878 Reply
    mike

does anyone know of any jeep deals?

#114942 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/new-car-costs-slashed-by-nearly-25-as-showrooms-get-back-to-business/

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#114944 Reply
    AndyW
    Participant

Hi Oscarmax.  I did read the same on What Car yesterday.  What are the chances that some of these discounts may be passed on to us / reflected in the Q3 pricelist, or will Motability reap the benefits of these discounts?

#114945 Reply
    Bryan

Further update, one dealership saying no AP discounts as they’re “really busy” and another said “no problem” !

I’ll keep pursuing this week.

#114950 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Dealers have cars siting there that mb won’t allow them to handover or put a date in for handover till tuesday just gone the 9th.. mine was one of them been at dealers since lockdown and i was due to exchange on 15th of april now on 15th of june, which is not from the 1st as they stated and others i guess are in the system soon to be arriving at dealers. So it’s no real surprise there no deals right now from dealers… just keep hanging out for one and i’m sure one will come along.. after all you know what you want..

Maybe towards the end of the month or next 1/4 but who knows it’s good that you can order but unless it’s a stock car i doubt right now be any deals for mb clients till they handed over surplus cars etc.. those factorys are open but at reduced operating speeds..

#114966 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Just received e mail from dealership in yorkshire (vw) no offer given so might as well look local

#114984 Reply
    roy harrington

hi all, can I ask for a clear answer to a question I have seen made by MB customers for years, if you place an order on a MB vehicle (doesn’t matter which manufacturer) in say Q2 and you do not put in your pin at the dealership till Q3 what advance payment do you pay Q2 or Q3, I have been an MB customer with 12 change overs and I have never had a clear answer, I have had  ‘it’s up to MB’ , ‘ it’s up to the dealer’ , ‘ you pay the order advance payment’ or ‘ you pay the Q you are in advance payment’ and finally believe it or not , when some time ago, I asked MB I was told  ‘oh I don’t know i’ve never been asked that before’,  there must be a clear guideline but I’ve never had one . Any concrete advice without ‘maybe’ or ‘ I think’ would be great then we will all know the correct rules on this

If you have been, thank for reading this far.

ROY

#114985 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I have always been led to believe you pay the advance payment applicable at time of order

#114988 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Legally the contract starts when you make order, so AP at that time applies. The contract allows you to cancel up until you collect car and input PIN number. Of course the dealer could ( but only could) decide to reduce AP if it has fallen.

#114992 Reply
    roy harrington

hi all, yep I get all that, but see what I mean, two posts and really no firm answer, or am I just thick I still see ‘I ‘have been led to believe’ and ‘but only could’. Please don’t get me wrong, thank you for your comments and I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, but this is the type of reply I have always had, I must stress there must be a Motability rule about this somewhere which we must all adhere too.

anyway great to have other members opinions, that’s why this forum is so interesting to all who use it.

Thank you

ROY

#114993 Reply
    Markymate

The simple answer to your question is, there is no hard and fast rule on this point. It’s down to the individual customer to negotiate with the dealer which AP you will pay.  For me I always arrange with the dealer to pay which ever price is cheapest at the time of pick. Making sure to get it in writing!!

#114994 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Markymate, exactly – the dealer could reduce AP but is not obliged to unless you have a firm agreement with him as you did.

#114995 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

With uncertainty at the moment, don’t think dealers will make this promise at the moment.

#114998 Reply
    JS

The Official Answer to your Question is you Pay the AP as it’s set at Time of Order.

there are all sorts of scenarios where upon you can change this between yourself and the dealership But as far as Motability is concernered if you order Q2 then irrelevant of collection date you pay Q2 prices.

#115001 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

A dealer could sell a car at the lower ap (they don’t set the ap though) if they cancel the order and reorder in the new quarter, it will take 4 days before they can handover any car after entering a collection date into the system and that new deal would have to be verified by mb, I Guess with a new letter and pin sent out..

Is not something i have done as always the price has been the same or risen on cars i was getting in q2… I’m picking up my next car on monday it’s gone up £50 in Q2 and I’m getting a £200 dealer contribution.

if they don’t cancel it and reorder you could cancel the order with mb and walk away and order somewhere else or even something else… Would they then sell you another car.. it depends. You’ve messed them about especally if they’ve got the car there on site  and it’s been registered and then you then withdrew, which is your right to do so but just not close to or on the day of collection imo. unless the car is not what was actually ordered or damaged.. Personally i wouldn’t leave it that late, but i guess if your handover is on the first few days of the new 1/4 could be more of an issue..

how many deals do car dealers almost get to do and then ppl just cannot get the credit approved for it.. Best to be upfront at the earliest opportunity and read the T&c, thats where it’s all setout.

#115002 Reply
    roy harrington

hi JS,

wonderful, is that the oficial line taken by Motability and where in the terms and conditions is? it as we should all know the correct stance to take when placing our order.

many thanks for your insight

ROY

#115003 Reply
    JS

From Motability.

Advance Payments
    This is an amount payable upfront to your Motability Scheme dealer in addition to your weekly mobility allowance. The Advance Payment is not a deposit and is therefore non-refundable. If an Advance Payment is required, the amount is fixed at the price available when you order your car.

also stateted within that page.

The Advance Payment on a car can change throughout the year. We operate a price guarantee, which means the Advance Payment of the car on the date your order is accepted won’t change, even if it changes while you are waiting for the delivery of your car. The only case where the price may be altered is if the car description is changed subsequent to the original order.

to read it in its context and original format it can be found here.

https://www.motability.co.uk/about/how-the-scheme-works/payment-and-cost-for-cars/

#115054 Reply
    PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi JS,

well, thank you for your fine detective work, for years I have never seen that, (off to Specsavers when they are fully open) that’s all I wanted a full and clear answer thank you so much.

ROY

#115061 Reply
    Saintsman

The one thing Motability don’t say is what happens if the AP drops. I understand the price guarantee ensures you don’t pay more if the AP rises before you pick up your car which makes sense but if the AP drops surely you should pay the lower price.

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 312 total)
Reply To: Reply #115250 in Offers – Post any Deals you find here…
Your information: