Off Topic

• Creator
    Topic
  • #43386 Reply
    POPS

I’ve opened this off topic thread as a temporary home for all discussions that are not Motability related. It will remain at the top of the page as a “super sticky”. Hopefully we can replace it with a dedicated multi thread ‘off topic’ section.

Keep it decent and respectful and non sexual. Any offensive posts will be removed and posters will be warned as to future posting conduct.

Enjoy.

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #43685 Reply
    Mike

Yes I also the Human league the Dare album was a masterpiece also love Kraftwerk

#43686 Reply
    Mike

Thank goodness the Golf still has CD player in Glovebox but I also use sd card

#43690 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Must admit i only use the radio in the car, Absolute radio i find suits my tastes best, they have the main station, then dedicated ones – Absolute 60’s, Absolute 70’s, Absolute 80’s, Absolute 90’s, Absolute 00’s, and Absolute Classic Rock.

Many are on Dab, ones for you to programme in to your new car Mike.

https://absoluteradio.co.uk/music/

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43691 Reply
    Matt
    Participant

3008 doesn’t have a CD player, at first I was a bit peeved but couldn’t sleep last night so spent a few hours ripping CD’s and putting them on a usb, not bad still got 14gb left on a 32gb flash drive and over 100 CD’s on it. Should help keep the car tidy and there all at your finger tips without having to rummage thru cases.

My choice in music varies a lot depending on mood, anything from The Beatles to The Beastie Boys.

#43708 Reply
    Mike

I love Radio 2 on dab

#43710 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

At home we have the amazon echo and just tell Alexa what song, album, to play so no need for physical discs anymore. Seat are starting to integrate Alexa in to their cars as well… the big advantage with it being in the car is you only need voice control… so want this on my next car, not only for music, but you can have the weather report, news, your calendar read out, and so much more…. if you like gadgets, this will be a game changer.

#43713 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

You have to be careful with dab in some cars Mike, well mine at least, the antenna is built in to the rear window or mine, and in the user manual it states not to put stickers on as it will effect the signal.

You know what dealers are like, i pre warned mine about this and yet when i went to collect it, there was their sticker on the rear window!! They removed it promptly enough though lol

The dab reception in my previous ford focus was terrible, rendering it unusable, not sure what the problem was, but the Seat has been faultless.

#43715 Reply
    Mike

Dab is fine in my Golf Trev and yes have vw dealer sticker in back window salesman when pick up car is going to tune it in for me and sat nav etc and yes my iPhone for Apple car play !

#43717 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Yeah i’m sure the antenna is on the roof of the golf Mike so no worries there.

The salesman customised ours to what we wanted when we collected our car too…… mind you, how many of us, when we drive the car home for the first time, park up at our house, and then just open the glovebox, get the user manual out, and sit there for hours reading through it lol

#43721 Reply
    Mike

Yes I do Trev

#43739 Reply
    Brydo

Went to the hydro to see Celine dion absolutely fantastic, apart for two really drunk girls in front who kept standing up. Got the obligatory gay marriage proposal also.

#43740 Reply
    Brydo

Cheers Trev will check it out later.

#43754 Reply
    Winston

I can’t stand listening to radio only because I’m a control freak and have to be in control of what I’m listening to

and I can’t be bothered listening to the hosts waffle on a lot of nonsense! If anyone is gonna waffle in my car – it’s me lol

so I just make up playlists on Spotify and play it through the car stereo

I used to love music, commuting to work, put music on as soon as I get home , but now I struggle listen to it

i have OCD and one of things I do which ruins music for me is..

If I hear a song I like I play it on repeat like hundreds of times, ( you don’t want to be a passenger in my car lol ) I get what I can take from the song and then I can’t listen to it again, then I find a new one and so on

i used to love going to gigs and listening to albums right through, now I’m a bit mental I end up getting very frustrated or emotional with music ????

#43768 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Where’s your cat avatar disappeared to?

I love seeing your cats!

lightbodyae55

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by lightbodyae55.
    #43773 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Should have a new one displayed now, this one is when Tizer was just 6 months old i believe, maybe younger. Chip is the daddy, always the lover, not a fighter.

#43800 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Great to see your avatar back to normal!

lightbodyae55

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Off Topic
Your information: