Off Topic

• Creator
    Topic
  • #43386 Reply
    POPS

I’ve opened this off topic thread as a temporary home for all discussions that are not Motability related. It will remain at the top of the page as a “super sticky”. Hopefully we can replace it with a dedicated multi thread ‘off topic’ section.

Keep it decent and respectful and non sexual. Any offensive posts will be removed and posters will be warned as to future posting conduct.

Enjoy.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #43593 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Fantastic news Matt, congratulations!

Now if you could just tell us the reg of the vehicle so if we see you we can give you a wide berth, that would be fantastic, cheers! lol

Hey Winston, where’s are ol’ mate Brydo…… missing him.

Oi Brydo, say something, let us know you’re alive!

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43605 Reply
    Winston

Matt knocked him down on his test lol

#43607 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

As long as it was an electric vehicle i’m sure Brydo would have been ok with it lol

#43609 Reply
    Tufty

Is a Carista Dongle worth a punt!!!???       Thats my onepenneth……

#43610 Reply
    Kam

Congratulations Matt,

#43612 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Hell yeah!

#43613 Reply
    Brydo

Still here Trev, still here,

#43617 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Phewww, can get a decent night’s sleep now knowing ur ok 😉

#43620 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Congrats on passing your test, sleep well tonight, if you can ?

#43623 Reply
    Matt
    Participant

Thanks everyone, just to let you know if your in the North West (Liverpool) give White Peugeot 3008’s a wide berth lol,

Winston your comment was hilarious.

Finally be able to get out and about thanks to Motability a truly amazing scheme. I will still enjoy the forum and call into  ‘The Motability Arms’ I look forward to sharing my opinions on the 3008. 1 more sleep that’s if I can get to sleep.

#43624 Reply
    POPS

Congratulations on passing your test Matt.

#43628 Reply
    Garys

Yes well done hope yoh put many enjoyable miles under your belt tske it easy when you collect your car – not many new passees can get out in a new car so enjoy

#43632 Reply
    Timerfirst

Well done Matt, enjoy your new car. When I passed my driving test I drove off in a ten year old fiat with more rust than metal,lol

#43665 Reply
    Brydo

Guys got my computer fixed….ish running on Windows 8 and all is good. I know most of you were against an all-in-one computers but i think they look great and if i hadnt fixed it i was about to buy one. 24 inch screen practically no cables (the wife liked that) looked great, but £800 saved all is good.

#43668 Reply
    BigB

Brydo

Windows 8!!! Next you will be telling us you need a shilling for the electric meter! With all your posts relating to electric vehicles I was under the impression you were up to date with technology, next you will be telling us the batteries have failed in your sun dial.

Only kidding! I too am a bit of a luddite with all the IT supposed upgrades that seem to appear on the market every other month. If it does what you want why upgrade to systems that don’t always respond in the same way as the original. Having said that, I am not championing steam driven cars!!

#43669 Reply
    Brydo

BigB i had windows 10 on it but computer stopped working, tried everything to get it to work but nothing worked. As a last resort i put in my old windows 8 disk in and hey presto it worked couldnt believe it. Now looking to upgrade to windows 10 free of charge, as windows 8 has removed it, i know they were offering it in the past but not sure if they still do.

#43673 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Brydo

Have you thought of a linux disto works just as well or in some cases better than windows!

I use my laptop which is writing this with solus linux, a lot of users use Ubuntu distro, look it up online to see what you think, I made the decision to change when Microsoft insisted that everyone on windows 7 would have to upgrade to win 10, I decided that no company was going to force me into something I did not want.

Here is a link to a very informative linux website https://distrowatch.com/  hope this helps you to make a decision on changing your os.

lightbodyae55

#43674 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

I notice your idea of driving songs has been removed so are we going to start it here?

If so I will start with Status Quo Down Down, followed by Caroline both live from the last of the electrics show December 2016.

Been to see them at the Hydro in Glasgow Every year, since 2012.

I know originally you said only one song, but I thought why not two songs!

lightbodyae55

#43675 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Hey Brydo,

Link to free windows 10 download if you want it –

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO?tduid=(1045c2a843cf2f5ed3dd2e517402d02a)(266696)(1018132)(05009g5mlsjc)()

#43676 Reply
    Mike

I love Barry manilow lovely songs in the total quietness of the engine in my Golf I’ve read that my new 1.5 tsi is whisper quiet

#43678 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Hi lightbodyae55,

Yeah shot down in my prime lol

Shortly there is going to be a dedicated section for off topic discussions, so instead of cramming all off topic discussions in one thread, we can have individual threads for each topic, thus was thinking waiting till that appears before starting it up again. Otherwise it’ll get fragmented and not very user friendly.

#43680 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

lightbodyae55, forgot to mention my old mate from school was made on the Quo… still is but spreading the Quo in America now. Whenever i was round his house they were always playing lol

#43681 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

My music taste are very diverse Mike, I also love a bit of Barry, amazing showman, shame i never had the opportunity to see him live, would have loved to have seen him in Vegas.

#43683 Reply
    Mike

Trev the song the one that got away is the best Barry song ever have you heard it ? You have to join in with the chorus it’s lovely I also love ABBA But my favourite is OMD orchestral manuovres in the dark listen to them everyday fantastic

#43684 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Yes Mike, he has so many fantastic songs…. Andrew Lloyd Webber would do so well in making Manilow the Musical.

Not a fan of Abba, but OMD i used to listen on my walkman when commuting to college on the train, fantastic pioneers of electro.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Off Topic
Your information: