Off Topic

• Creator
    Topic
  • #43386 Reply
    POPS

I’ve opened this off topic thread as a temporary home for all discussions that are not Motability related. It will remain at the top of the page as a “super sticky”. Hopefully we can replace it with a dedicated multi thread ‘off topic’ section.

Keep it decent and respectful and non sexual. Any offensive posts will be removed and posters will be warned as to future posting conduct.

Enjoy.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #43406 Reply
    POPS

A dedicated Off Topic section is on the way!

#43411 Reply
    Winston

Cool thanks pops ??

#43417 Reply
    Timerfirst

Off topic,so we can talk about football and rugby etc,mind you,that can be a contentious subject,more controversial than talking about the ladies. I can’t talk about the girls in case the wife or my daughter nicks my phone ????

#43423 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Just had a thought, could call the dedicated ‘off-topic’ section, ‘The Motability Arms’….. the place always open to pop in for a chin-wag lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43426 Reply
    Winston

Haha I’m liking that, a warm friendly environment where you can take your jacket off, Park your arse on our comfy seats and have a blether with people who you don’t actually know but have some important things in common with ??

And most importantly , no curfews or last orders ?

I’m in

#43427 Reply
    Timerfirst

Off to the motability arms with a jar of smart price coffee and custard creams,and my box of tablets ??

#43429 Reply
    Timerfirst

Get away from wife and kids, I’ll bring the dog too ?

#43454 Reply
    Mike

#43455 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

You’re quiet this morning Mike lol

#43457 Reply
    Timerfirst

Mike must have a sore throat from all that singing,see if there’s any fisherman’s friends left beside the ash tray! When you de regulate a pub it brings in the smokers too ?

#43459 Reply
    Mike 700

The never ending story:

Here we go then, a little competition for everyone – I’m new to the forum so can’t fit the names in to the story – perhaps you can?
    It was a cool but sunny March morning at the Motability Arms, The chef was busy in the kitchen cooking a couple full English breakfast’s for the gathering forum members, and an Ulster Fry for ( ? )

(. ? .) .was busy in the corner, sticking stamps on envelopes to send out the invitations to his ‘new car arrival party’, after 22 weeks of waiting, it was finally here.
    (. ? ) .was quietly knitting a bobble hat for (.? ) & then there was Pops looking resplendent in a new set of Specsavers finest , totting up the receipts from a shopping expedition for some trendy new clothes to enhance the younger look his lady wife was demanding!

.(. ? )was on the mezzanine floor looking down on the whole scene, sketching away whilst (. ? ) dressed in a bright yellow vest & shouldering an oversized baseball bat, wandered around, ensuring that all remained peaceful , oh, and
    there right in the middle of the room (. ? ) was just sitting there daydreaming of a brightly coloured ‘Seat’ and counting the days before he could order it!

The tranquility didn’t last long however, as all of a sudden there was this loud wizbang as the infamous ( ? ) bounced in through the door giggling like a schoolgirl & landing in a heap right under (. ? ‘S ) chair and, rubbing his eyes asked for a glass of milk and an ice pack for the lump on his head, before partaking of the famous full English!

In the commotion that followed the ( ?’s ) arrival .(.? ) woke from her daydream and being of the Yorkshire persuasion and looking down at (. ?) said -” EE lad that were a bit of an ‘ard landing , what , did tha think , that I’d dropped five pound or Summat? , nah, tha’s fooling tha sen, there’s owt doon there f’thee.

Now drink tha milk and let me look at yer nut, a used t’be a nurse tha knows “but the commotion & noise caused by the landing meant that ( .?) couldn’t quite hear and as (.? ) bent over to look for any injury , she noticed instead an old  familiar face  standing at the doorway

Hi you guys, remember me ?

Once the names are in, perhaps someone compose the next part of the story?

#43480 Reply
    Jane

???

#43484 Reply
    Timerfirst

A great story, obviously if literary bent. I’ll be partaking off an Ulster fry and 2 pints of Guiness,after 11.30am, (pub opening time in ni)! An ulster fry is just like a full English but with extra oil! I like your subtle description of the characters in this play,I can visualize the main players,but I’ll not identify anyone for fear of being barred! Also wondering if the arms could open a bit earlier on a Saturday morning for any of lads and lasses who’ve been out on friday night and require some hair of the dog ?

#43486 Reply
    Mike

Farmer down the road is cleaning his chicken pens ? I didn’t know chickens could write ?

#43519 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Unfortunately hubby’s workshop burned down early Sunday morning and he’s been busy clearing and making it secure and safe, an electrical fire ?, so we haven’t been able to get out in our new car yet, hopefully should be okay for Friday.

At least no one was hurt and the damage is only his building, but it’s completely gutted, been the family business since 1948.

#43520 Reply
    POPS

I’m sorry to hear that Vinnie, your husband must be devastated. The very best wishes to you both.

#43521 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Thanks Pops, he’s absolutely gutted, had a few sleepless nights.

#43522 Reply
    Mike

That’s terrible Vinnie

#43539 Reply
    Timerfirst

Bad news mate, thanks be to God you’re all safe

#43542 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

sorry to hear this Vinnie, thoughts with your hubby, what a thing to have to try and deal with, hope he comes to turns with it sooner than later and is able to plan forward.

#43545 Reply
    Kam

That is so sad Vinnie. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible

#43552 Reply
    Mike

I have just watched Carol Kirkwood with the weather forecast on bbc breakfast carol looks lovely very professional in her job and she has won awards for weather presenting she is the only forecaster that gives an accurate forecast in my honest opinion !

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by POPS.
    #43561 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, he’s forward looking, one door closes another opens type of person, but it’s heartbreaking at times, especially when he’s clearing the rubble and finds a momentum.

On a lighter note he did say the central heating stove, which is cream, isn’t even soot coloured, looks like new but the chimney is gone!

#43582 Reply
    Matt
    Participant

The Beast from the East may have slowed me down but couldn’t stop me.

After my driving test being cancelled twice on the first of the month I managed at very short notice to get a cancellation this morning and i’m pleased to say I passed my test first time. My car has been in the dealers ready for me to collect since the first can’t wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

#43587 Reply
    Winston

Congratulations Matt ??

You wont sleep tonight ?

best advice for a new driver is full of up and go driving , it’ll all become second nature the more hours you put in

good luck and enjoy ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Off Topic
Your information: