odd nissan juke wpms price not set

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mitch 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #94948 Reply

mitch
    Participant

the new style nissan juke is being launched at the moment and 2 automatic versions have been put on the scheme the n-connecta and the tekna. but the price for wpms says tbc on the nissan website and no price is shown on the motability website search.

the tekna+ isnt even on the scheme yet.

a bit odd ive not seen this before can anyone shed any light as from what ive seen so far its a nice car and will be on my shortlist.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #94950 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Mitch, I remember something similar about 8/10 years ago or so.

I can’t recall which vehicle/manufacturer it was, but it was on WPMS and the situation was caused by the price of the vehicle in question either requiring a small AP and fixed weekly payments or a nil AP and Total Allowance. It was on a knife edge as to which should apply,

I think the manufacturer wanted it one way, but Motability wanted it the other way.

It was sorted out in a few weeks and I believe Motability won out.

Dave

#94953 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Infact, having now looked at it on the Nissan site, the  JUKE DIG-T 117 DCT TEKNA Petrol Automatic has a DLA/PIP AP of £1009, which on WPMS would put it firmly in between the ‘Fixed Weekly Payments’ and ‘Total Allowance’ territory – it could go into either (with an AP and fixed payments or nil AP and Total Allowance).

I think that is maybe what the problem is. A decision just needs to be made one way or the other.

Dave

#94964 Reply

mitch
    Participant

right i see, yes theres a vehicle somewhere ive seen with an ap of £0.36 which is a bit silly it must cost more than that to collect. i would be inclined to take it in in pennies

#94976 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Yes, conversely, you can also have a vehicle with a £248.87 AP and still be on fixed weekly payments. The key is also how much the weekly payment is set at though.

It seems to be a fairly wide margin between when a vehicle is on fixed weekly payments and when it becomes Total Allowance. Obviously with ‘Total Alowance’ all future CPI annual increases go to Motability, whereas with fixed weekly payments the customer keeps in annual increases.

I think the Juke is probably at the lower end of the spectrum, probably just requiring a very small AP (your quoted AP of £0.36 is a good example) and whatever fixed weekly payment they set (be it £68.35 or slightly less) or nil AP with Total Allowance.

I did once ask Motability if they could supply me details of what the cut-off point between the two was, only to be told it was ‘commercially sensitive information’.

Dave

#95185 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

That has solved your query Mitch.

Motability have now removed it instead of putting a price on it.

It is still showing on the Nissan pdf brochure of course.

Dave

#95191 Reply

mitch
    Participant

hopefully it will be back on with a price and the tekna+ will follow. lol. good job ive got a year to go. well 9 months till i get the code etc. just need the nhs to get a grip.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: odd nissan juke wpms price not set

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: