Octopus Energy ………….we don’t do Scotland

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Got an email from octopus energy offering to install an air source heat pump with a link to get an instant quote. Opened the link and completed it to be advised that a quote can’t be generated and to call octopus energy directly. Next day I called and they said the problem was they couldn’t find my Energy Performance Certificate. So away I went and emailed it to them. I called them the next day and went through the events of the previous two days, the chap said he’d sort it and give me a quote straight away. Five minutes later he came back and said “the problem is we don’t do Scotland, we only do England and Wales”

Bring on independence that’s what I say.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Brydo surely you don’t trust the independence party after all the money going missing ?

kezo
        Participant

I believe Scotland has its own technical handbook surounding regulations, which differs slightly from that of  England & Wales.

I can’t remember if NI folows Scotland or has its own set of regulations.

Brydo
          Participant

@Mike I threw that in as a bit of a joke but now we are talking about it yes I do trust the SNP more than the Tories but I also believe in the rule of law and no matter who breaks the law they should be prosecuted.

@Kezo
            as far as the agent i spoke to indicated it was nothing technical it was just they hadn’t got around to it but they  “might include Scotland in the future”.

DumfriesDik
            Participant

Yeah, I got the same response when enquiring about an ASHP a couple of months back. I had hoped they would have opened it up to Scotland by now.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

ChrisK
              Participant

Let me see, your complaining that the rules for Scotland differ from those in England and Wales because of Scotland independence then go on to say “bring on independence”. 🤷‍♂️

Brydo
                Participant

They are not exactly rules Chris but business decisions. Octopus choose not to supply heat pumps to Scotland they have a choice and have decided, for whatever reason, not to supply to us. In my opinion every part of the uk should be treated similarly but an independent business can do what they like. With Glasgow being the third biggest city in the UK and Edinburgh 8th i would imagine an economic case could be made to include Scotland but I’m sure they’ve looked at that and decided not.

On a personal note if England were excluded my first response would be “That’s not fair” but we’re all different i suppose.

kezo
                  Participant

In my opinion every part of the uk should be treated similarly

I have to agree with that mate, as I feel discriminated agains’t for not getting the yearly carers allowance supplement, which I understand is £288.60 this year 🙂

Brydo
                    Participant

Totally agree Kezo its not fair but the Tories have been returned time and again by the English people so there must be benefits down south that we don’t have.

Brydo
                      Participant

I think it is 2x £288

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.