Octopus Agile day

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich44
    Participant

If you’re on Agile today the price is negative from 1030am until 4pm

Ive got everything switched on pulling 8kw lol.

If you’ve got an EV nows the time to charge. For those that don’t know the price can go negative meaning the more you use you’re effectively winding the meter back

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Oscarmax
      Participant

All washing and ironing done, PHEV fully charged , solar battery full, I have even polished the caravan 2 coat with my electric buffer, I have even consider asking the neighbour to plug in his car minus 8.9 pence kWh

Rich44
        Participant

I keep turning the bathroom heater on

The washing machine is doing a clean cycle

Dishwasher intense wash

All ceiling fans on

Heatpump on fullblast. Omg I love doing this wish I had an EV right now I wanna see how much I can pull at once lol

There should be a competition on here hehehe

Oven set to 250C

Can’t think of much else to put on but that lots pulling between 6-8kwh esp when the sun goes in. Tempted to go thru the breakers for the solar lol.

Brydo
          Participant

Rich44 you could be getting yourself a job here ?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
            Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Rich44
            Participant

Lmao all of that took a whole £3.00 off the bill in the end but I had 400 litres of very hot water, a very clean dishwasher and washing machine.

If it wasn’t for breakers I’d just ram the live wire from the meter into ground lmao.

I was very dubious of Agile at first but it’s so much fun when the price goes negative hehehe

The Octopus watch app is amazingly useful I have a widget on my hlme screen shoeing a graph for 24 hours of Agile pricing. There’s also @agilepredict on twitter who uses weather forecasts to predict rates

shawry
              Participant

Im trying to learn predbat on Home Assistant, then I may switch to agile to manage my battery discharge/charge.  though it should still work for Intelligent Octopus Go, but obviously not as lucratively.

shawry
                Participant

With this, is it acceptable to get paid to charge your battery, then export it later when the export goes up to 14p?

And historically, is it generally less than 7.5p during the early hours

Rich44
                  Participant

Yes that’s exactly what you can do with the right technology. Buy low sell high lol.

You can follow the pricing using octopus watch app it’s £4.99 a year or you can do a month to see the prices easily

This is tonight’s In East Anglia

Rich44
                    Participant

There’s the next few hours after

Rich44
                      Participant

Now it’s not always this cheap, between 4pm and 7pm it’s usually around 30-40p. When we have a storm with high winds that’s when it goes crazy low as they have to pay the windfarm to trim the turbines if there’s not enough demand hence negative pricing.

As long as you can minimise usage 4-7 you’ll be golden. Ignore the IHD pricing info that’s always wrong as it can’t cope.

Octopus watch and Octopus Compare are the best apps. The Octopus app with a Home mini is useful to so you can get live power draw readings every 10 seconds no matter where you are

shawry
                        Participant

With the battery, my usage outside of the 12:30-04:30 slot is minimal now, I’d get some draw when the shower is in use, but that’s mostly it.

will have a scan at some historical data and do some excel sums 🙂

Sorry, so looking at your pics I assume you are on fixed export at 15p?

and if I had your tariff, I could charge my XC40 and battery (about 14.75kWh) between 23:00 – 05:00 and I’d be paid to do so.

Then export a lot of whats in the battery lets say 10kWh  for further £1.50 and let solar top up again, and potentially discharge again based on following days prices / solar prediction?

I need to pull my finger out I think 🙂

thankyou 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by shawry.
                          Oscarmax
                          Participant

I switch over from Octopus Flux to Agile in December, I thought I was making some excellent savings with Flux, but Agile is in a league of its on.

Also on Octopus Tracker for gas again excellent savings, my Octopus standing order £70.00 month we are still £350.00 + in credit and this time of year now climbing, I can see another rebate in the summer.

shawry
                            Participant

Ive just requested the swap to Agile from Go, Im not sure I’ll save overall based on usage so to speak, however being able to manipulate exports should allow me to make a bigger saving.

Brydo
                              Participant

Oscarmax your year ends in March/April, if you are in credit at this time withdraw it as your year starts over again. It’s unlikely Octopus will let you take it all out but a couple of hundred pounds is better in your pocket than theirs.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.