Obesity: The post Mortem

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Trev.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #49897 Reply
    JS

Times have changed! BBC Documentary tonight, channel 4 stroke 5 have always been controversial, but tonight what a well put together and factual programme from the BBC. Im not one for watching such programs ever since my son was premature and my daughter in a coma through an accident. But far from being put off ( I can’t even watch Casualty) I found myself watching the thread title programme tonight, although I thought it would be gory it doesn’t come across that way. Now not just for obese people especially those that have no control over it due to conditions but I think this was a well put together program, and will make many “Normal” people  think. Well worth a watch if your into facts, I take my hat off to people that took part in this. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure it’s government backed to scare us and save them money and I don’t agree with using the so called obese people commentary throughput the program, but for a factual insight it was far from the norm for the usually scaremongering on TV. Well done the BBC and all that took part.

Ive purposely put this thread in “The Open Arms”  as know most that use it are interested in factual programmes, in no way am I being judgmental or wanting to cause offence or concern  (I’m not the best at putting things in words as I would like or as others are)  I surprised myself and managed to watch it all and found it interesting. Worth a watch for those that like an incite to the unknown.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #49899 Reply
    Trev

Cheers JS, will try and make time to have a watch of it later.

You mentioned Casualty, and it triggered a memory from when i used to work in insurance, they said the only medical drama that it is medically correct was ER.

#49948 Reply
    JS

I can’t watch any off them. It’s the noises of the machines etc. You would off thought after all these years you would forget. There really is no more a haunting sound than a life support machine. But the post mortem room doesn’t have them so managed to watch it.

#49962 Reply
    Trev

Just watched it JS, very well filmed and explained.

I used to watch a series of autopsy programmes, named ‘Autopsy life and death’ which was filmed in front of a live studio audience, and the german anatomist always kept his hat on!

The series is available on youtube, here’s the link if you would like to compare https://youtu.be/-SA8m4p5Hq4 

Thanks for posting, otherwise i wouldn’t have known about this programme.

#50164 Reply
    JS

Yer I didn’t like that one when it first came out., but the BBC one was less gruesome and more respectful if that makes sense.

#50173 Reply
    Trev

Oh yes, and i like the segments with ‘living’ people who have the same lifestyle as the body. Really bought it home to reality, a kind of before n after shock effect. I was surprised how yellow the fat was, and the way they described the texture and smell, just like layers of anchor butter i guess…. certainly made me think.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #50164 in Obesity: The post Mortem
Your information: