Now metallic paint is extra on XC40 Tiguans looks favourite!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #102040 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Don’t think I’m being lazy but what’s happening with the Tiguan Q1, its just that there are many Tiguan experts on the forum who know everything you would need to know about this car.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #102097 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

I am hoping to get a notification any day that mine is getting built – scheduled for week 2 and they have a habit of doing them early or on time. I’m now just over 3 years in the XC60 so want my new toys lol.

Other than the AP increases, not sure what you want to know re Q1?

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#102099 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

No idea on the normal Tiguan, I do know that the Allspace I ordered a couple of weeks ago has gone up 6 hundred quid this quarter!

#102102 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Looking for AP increase/decrease and any other increases in packs and add-ons

#102103 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Also any dealers with deals on.

#102106 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Also I need heated leather front seats, would like heated retractable wing mirrors, electronic boot, keyless entry, cruise control, automatic lights and windscreen wipers not sure what else but don’t think anything major oh yes diesel.

#102107 Reply
    Philjb

What have I missed Bri

why is metalic paint not included with the Volvo now.

#102108 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I am hoping to get a notification any day that mine is getting built – scheduled for week 2 and they have a habit of doing them early or on time. I’m now just over 3 years in the XC60 so want my new toys lol. Other than the AP increases, not sure what you want to know re Q1?

3 years is a long time , no matter how good the car is, and I had to live with many cars for 3 plus years, including 3 AWD Volvo’s.

After a forced retirement, I had 2 XC60’s both R design, both D5’s with geartronic sports boxes etc etc and they were great, but after 2 years with each, it was time to move on, and same with a V60?

My new toy in June 2018 was a Tiguan SEL auto, now back on a 3 year deal , this time with Motability, and the novelty has not yet worn off, and i am looking forward to the full 3 years!

I hope yours is as satisfying as mind has been.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#102110 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Phil they have taken it off, both motability and Volvo have confirmed that metallic paint is not free anymore, so you will need to pay £500+ to get a metallic paint option.

#102111 Reply
    Philjb

That’s pretty crappy of them, so they’re trying to limit us even more with colour choice. Hopefully others don’t follow suit but I can see it on the cards if it stays like that.
    It seems a silly idea as surely metalic paint come resale time is more valuable to  motability.

#102117 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

typical just as i was beginning to look at volvo as a possible they pull the rug.

the ap’s are high enough without having to find another 5-600 quid.

the hcr as an option has now gone as theyve shot up in price now theyre all hybrids.

the only joy is that mini ap’s have only gone up a little and the bmw i3 has actually come down although bmw have said theyre only going to do it for 4 years or so. loveley!

#102118 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Volvo is an option if you like solid black

#102120 Reply
    Anneka

@Brydo the RLine standardly has all the options you require apart from the leather seats which is currently an option to add for £1430

The Sel can have the Seat option added for the same £1430, if I’ve read the price list correctly if you add the leather seats to the Sel you wouldn’t get the massage seat function. Keyless entry pack is also an add option for £395 on the Sel but if you want the boot aswell it’s an additional £365

#102122 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I have an SEL auto with heated front seats, none of the trims come with leather seats as standard so its an expensive upgrade if you want leather. Also correct if you opt for leather you will loose the massage function which i love, does wonders for my lower back. Best advice is ask the dealer if any are floating around ready for delivery, i got my SEL with full KESSY which also comes with foot operated electric boot and the dealer stood the cost of the extras as i was not going to spec them on a factory build. Ended up with a brand new car plus extras and i only had to wait 3 weeks.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#102123 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Anneka, Stuart thanks for the info. Leather seats help when getting the wife out the car but at that cost i would need to think carefully about them. What are the main differences between the SEL  and R-Line and what is KESSY.

I see there are a couple of engine choices is the diesel 150 ok or is the 190 the one to go for?

#102126 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Hi Brydo, i test drove both the 150 and the 190 and went for the 150 in the end. The 190 felt a little more powerful under acceleration but i thought the gear changes were a little more snatchy, this is also pointed out in many of the VW forums. The 150 has more than enough power and will beat most cars of its size from the lights if you were that way inclined of course lol. KESSY is the keyless entry system which comes in 2 flavours the first which is around 325 extra just has keyless entry on doors and boot but the full version which i think is around 600 also has an electric boot with foot trigger which i find very useful, especially when approaching the car with bags in each hand. Main difference between Rline and SEL is design, the Rline has body coloured panels all over where the SEL has plastic panels running around the bottom of the doors and the seats are different, i didnt like the seats in the Rline plus i wanted the massage function on the seat and the panoramic opening roof of the SEL. At the time i bought mine the Rline tech was not on the scheme which now gives you the roof and the digital instrument display so i would probably go for the Rline now, but do make sure you check those seats out as i found them quite firmer in the Rline, it also comes with larger wheels so i would defo test drive one to see what the sports suspension and wheels do to the ride over the SEL. Either way you will be buying a brilliant car.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#102127 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

I currently have a 190 Alhambra, but have ordered a 150 Tiguan, during the test drive I couldn’t tell much, if any difference.

#102129 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thanks Stuart I think I will go today to have a look as, apart from what I’ve learned today, I know very little about the Tiguan. The leather seat additional cost is a bit of a concern and I imagine the r-line will have sport seats with high sides which will be a problem.

#102132 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Thanks Stuart I think I will go today to have a look as, apart from what I’ve learned today, I know very little about the Tiguan. The leather seat additional cost is a bit of a concern and I imagine the r-line will have sport seats with high sides which will be a problem.

Brydo, kessy, heated folding mirrors, automatic LED lights and wipers are standard on the Kodiaq SE L, and leather is a £350 options. Well worth a look.

#102141 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

As customers we need to be told up front if metallic paint is included or not as I can see many, including me, being fooled into buying something that I thought was included.

It’s a backward step for Motability to not have metallic paint as it does keep the car looking spanking brand new even after 3 years but then I’ve always been puzzled why they don’t insist on having extra carpets installed as after 3 years of use without such carpets wear and tare on the manufactures cars carpet starts to look like an expensive replacement.

Because I have a lesser popular car model and third party carpet are far and few inbetween I haven’t bought carpets for my current car and already after 15 months I can see a tiny hole appearing in the OME  carpet where the heel of my foot sits and can imagine renewing the whole carpet and getting it to match the older 3 year carpet is going to be expensive replacement end of next year when this car goes back.

Still never mind I don’t need to worry about that but just seems a waste of money for a little forward outlay at the start of hire but then short term profit and CEO’s bonus must be put first regardless what the Daily Mail thinks. 🤷‍♂️😁

#102142 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Will do Marky mate I think I had a look when you first got yours but my lease was not up, as it is this year. So will definitely have a look as there is a Skoda dealer a few miles away.

#102147 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Hi Brydo, the Ateca Xcellence lux comes with metallic paint and leather seats, the 1.5 dsg is £1499 ap, was my first choice till XC40 came on but now there is no metallic paint with the XC40, it’s top again!

#102153 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Cheers Vinnie I have never considered it but nothings off the table.

#102170 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

This is s copy of a post i submitted in May last year, hope it helps?

Each to his own of course, but I have the SEL Tiguan with the 2 ltr diesel engine and the DSG 7 speed box, in 2wd format, and I find the performance more than adequate and in my honest opinion ( as a former Volvo XC AWD d5 driver of over 400,000 miles ) it seems to have a better, smoother ride than any of my previous SUV’s, and beats my mate’s new BMW X1 , 2 L. Petrol 4×4 or my other mate’s new Disco Sport , and yesterday ( now last year ) I drove a 12 m. old Evoque 4 door and in my honest opinion, the Tiguan has a better ride and appears to be considerably larger inside and with the opening panoramic roof , certainly is very much brighter inside?

The performance is perfectly adequate for most people, although it does take a fair bit of downward pressure on the accelerator to get the best out of the car, and sports mode does not provide the same sort of instant response I was used to in the Volvos, but using the paddles changers on the steering wheel , provides an instant response for overtaking etc!

As far as the dynamic headlights are concerned, they did seem a bit sluggish to react to oncoming traffic at first, but I had the dealer take a quick look, and I rarely have a problem now – they are great.

I don’t have leather seats in this car, but the plus side to that is that the heated seats work almost instantly, and frankly are too hot on the 3 setting for both of us, a fitted leather seat cover may be the answer to ease of getting in and out?

I have had four XC Volvos and a V60, all with heated leather seats, and from memory, they took quite a bit longer to heat up than the seats in the Tiguan.

The electrically adjustable lumbar control on the driver’s seat as well as the electric massage function have been used a couple of times, and there is a lot of seat adjustment available, enough for most people anyway?

The adaptive cruise is so much much better than normal cruise, especially on the motorways, and when linked with the standard Lane control, and driver alert and emergency assist its almost like your just monitoring the systems rather than driving ( almost, but not quite ) .

Neither the SatNav nor the reversing camera are anywhere near as good as those on the Qashqai that I had for 18 months, but the sliding reclining rear seats are very very handy when needing a bit of extra room in the boot, and even when in the forward position leave adequate leg room for most people, and actually make it easier for kids to access the picnic tables , standard fitting on back of front seats!

I also have the full KESSY and the foot operation which is well worth the extra cost, as is the ease of opening and locking the doors, better than the Qashqai!

Park assist should be ok , when I get around to using it- it certainly worked fine when I tested it a couple of times. Update – i have used it a couple of times for tight parking spots , and if anyone has neck problems, it probably is worth getting parkassist!

Btw, I have now covered 9000 miles in 7/8 months & I’m getting around 48 mpg overall.( update over 15000 miles in 18 months )

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#102173 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thanks mike plenty of good info, is the massage function on the driver seat only, as it’s the wife who would use it and she is the passenger.

#102281 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

What’s in the tech pack of the r-line?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
Reply To: Now metallic paint is extra on XC40 Tiguans looks favourite!
Your information: