No mpg option in the search function now

• Creator
    Topic
  • #129919 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

As the title says, you used to be able to list the cars in order of their mpg figures but that option it isn’t there anymore 🤔 ☹

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129920 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Put in hybrid search I do and sit back and read the real mpg reviews on honest John the real mpg is revealed

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#129923 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

As the title says, you used to be able to list the cars in order of their mpg figures but that option it isn’t there anymore 🤔 ☹

They have also removed the option to sort search results by CO2 emissions (lowest to highest and highest to lowest).

#130147 Reply
    Martinod

I think to motability MPG is not an important factor , when we the customer look at cars sometime MPG are important, motability if the car fits your needs relating to your disabled or illness , can you get in and out  get adaptions if you need that’s great ,

But the fact the suitability car only gets 10 mpg to them that’s not an important factor.

#130151 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Some on the manufactures claimed mpg even with the new system leaves a lot to be desired ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#130161 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I wonder if Motability have decided to do this because of people returning cars that don’t get the claimed manufacturers MPG, on the grounds that the car is not as advertised & hence unsuitable.

For my EV the manufacturer has the usual inaccurate WLTP rates, but they have also published a calculator that shows what the real consumption will be at various temperatures & driving styles and I’m thankful that they have as it’s very accurate (unlike the GOM).

#130164 Reply
    Martinod

Julie would EV do you have

#130179 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I agree with others that the quoted mpg figures are usually a joke – especially with ‘non conventional’ (hybrid etc) vehicles. Manufacturers quote ludicrous economy figures like 134mpg and yet if you read an independent review the real world figure might be something like 40mpg. Some difference! Not sure that I agree with the comment that it doesn’t matter about the mpg if the car is right for you though. I am fortunate that I have a very good income, so technically 10 or even 20 mpg either way shouldn’t make a big difference to my choice – but it does. Not so much for the running costs, but for the frequency of having to fill up – a job that I detest. Due to the combination of 10mpg worse fuel economy and a smaller fuel tank, our Motability Tiguan has a range of around 200 miles less than the BMW I had before. That means I have to fill up the VW 3 times for every 2 that I filled up the BMW. Two and a half years in to the car and that still irritates me 😂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: No mpg option in the search function now
Your information: