No date available what does this mean?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118496 Reply

Robert

Ordered c5 aircross flair at end of January for April handover no extras added. Have been trying to contact dealership since opening from lockdown eventually returned my call today saying their system is still saying no date available what does this mean?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118524 Reply

72 dudes

It means you have a disinterested dealer who doesn’t want to do much to help.

Get on to Motability to discuss.

In your shoes, I’d be ringing round other Citroen dealers asking what stock cars they have available for your choice of model and engine. Would you compromise on colour for example?

If not, talk to them about delivery times after ordering and cancel the one at the original dealer.

#118529 Reply

Gordon

Hi Robert

i had a similar situation with Mercedes on a car that I ordered at the end of December 2019. Eventually I’ve cut my losses and cancelled last night. They still couldn’t and wouldn’t speak to me about when I could expect the car. Motability had to intervene and cancel the order off the system as they wouldn’t even speak to them either.

#118530 Reply

simpleman

I believe that means  no build date.   They have no booked a slot for your new car.  Go elsewhere .

#118538 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Robert, go elsewhere, the dealership clearly has a poor Motability team.

loads of other dealers to choose from but in this case I would name and shame as well

ROY

#118542 Reply

Robert

Surely they have not failed to book a build slot for a vehicle ordered in January.

#118545 Reply

72 dudes

It’s possible they had a build date, the car was built and delivered and sold to a retail customer.

Not common, but we’ve heard a few similar tales on here

#118547 Reply

rox
    Participant

I had a c4 grand picasso and was the worst car I’ve had on the scheme, never ever again would i get a citroen.

You need to call MBO and get them to cancel the order and start looking for something else or another dealer as others have suggested.

#118549 Reply

Derek

Happened to me with my current car. It was one of the last Yeti’s and after I placed my order with the dealer I didn’t hear anything back from the dealer.

About a fortnight before my handover date I contacted them to be told they had failed to order the car. Luckily they did pull out all the stops and ended up sourcing an alternative higher spec model which they supplied at their own cost.

#118552 Reply

Ade

Its only 10 days since many garages opened.

I saw the mountain of paper work the motability guy had to go through for existing customers, trying to find out where their car is located. You multiply all these salesmen at all the garages phoning the manufacturers trying to locate thousands of cars…you get an idea of the scale of the problem. It may be that one guy in the garage has too much to deal with.
    Until the backlog is cleared its gonna be difficult. More often than not – its the manufacturer that is the problem. After reading some of the nightmare experiences on here with Mercedes BEFORE COVID, I’m not sure I would want to go for a Merc.

#118611 Reply

Robert

Probably give it another month or so to give them a chance to get through backlog it’s not as if I’m doing without a vehicle as mb extended my lease just frustrating that they don’t keep you informed off what’s happening.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: No date available what does this mean?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: