Nissan X-Trail Tekna

• Creator
    Topic
  • #79953 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

Having ordered the RAV4, but won’t be here till next March, I am thinking king of alternatives, I see the Nissan X-Trail 1.7dCi Tekna 5dr (auto) has come on the scheme recently.

What are others experience of the X-Trail?

Many thanks for your time.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #79963 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Would love to try one but Nissan website doesn’t even list it as a motability option and their configuration tool doesn’t have the option for the 1.7 diesel auto Tekna!

#79971 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

I have noticed that too, hopefully, its an error on Nissan’s website rather than Motability, is the 1.7dci a new engine to the range?

#79972 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

I enquired about this on Saturday when I visited the local Nissan dealership.

The Motability sales bloke denied the 1.7 diesel Tekna 4×4 Auto was on the scheme until I pointed out that it was on the Motability website. Then he said it wasn’t available with the £1347 AP – until I showed him the same Motability webpage.

He then tried to build it on the Nissan dealership website, but it is not even on there.

How they hope to sell any god only knows!

#79975 Reply
    Al2you
    Participant

I had a test drive of the 1.7 Tekna last Thursday.

Smooth drive and a good looking car inside and out.

The motability team at the Stockport showroom were brilliant, only gripe was the salesman said for this particular model was £2200, I didn’t correct him that it’s quoted as £1499 because I am still viewing other cars. If you look on the Nissan motability site there is a price list that you can download, exactly the same prices as Motability site, I’ll try to add on the link. 

#79977 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

I ordered a 1.7 Dci 4WD manual – AP £1749 – 2 weeks ago with an expected delivery (dealership) 2nd August.

Our 1st car on the scheme was a Kia Sportage and we would have stayed with that but for the new model having a slightly lower roof line and completely different front.

So we went for an X Trail 1.6Dci Tekna Auto. We tried to order another at the end of the lease but the car went off the scheme so extended for 12 months.

We ordered a Tiguan R Line which we cancelled several weeks ago after the X Trail reappeared.

Having driven one for 3.5 years I can honestly say that out of all the SUV’s on the scheme presently, this one is the best imho.

It has size, space, all the bells and whistles you could want and now 4WD as well!

The only negative is the auto box (which is why I am going back to manual) which is the ‘rubber band’ CVT. Many a time I have been at a junction or round about thinking ‘I can nip out now – plenty of time’…. only to put my foot down, hear the engine howl and no movement for 1-2 seconds.

Then what was a safe gap suddenly is not so safe anymore.

The 1.7 is a new engine delivering 150bhp and a smooth ride and gear change during my test drive.

If I was being really picky I would want a digital dash but all the other (included) toys outweigh this.

We have even gone for the same colour Storm White and I still get a buzz everytime we approach our car in the car park.

Hope this helps but please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions 🙂

BTW current ‘best’ mpg is 56.7

#79981 Reply
    Grant

I currently have (for my wife) a 1.6 DCi Tekna 2WD. Had it for a year now. Very comfortable. Only 130bhp but overtakes decently (easy to spin in 1st and even 2nd from junctions!). All round monitor (cameras). Good Sonar warnings for moving vehicles and people nearby (In car parks). Heated front and rear outer seats. heated Steering wheel. Slightly Over Enthusiastic Auto emergency Braking – Sometimes applies the brakes when I go round a particular bend in the road with a wall next to it! Auto handbrake – very good. Auto start/stop – Works well (sometimes doesn’t turn off when I expected it to – Must be something to do with sensor measurements (temp etc.). Self parking system – I’ll give it 6 out of 10 – Not the most accurate (I’ve seen it up on kerbs during parallel parking!). Setting it up to park in a parking bay (carpark) etc. is too fiddly! Great interior space! No Apple Carplay or Android Auto (Unless this is now included in the latest models?). All-in-all we’re quite happy with it. don’t think we would have another though although that’s really because we like to try other vehicles.

#79982 Reply
    Grant

Meant to say it’s a Manual.

#79987 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

Thank you all, for the input. I would have to go with the CVT ( auto only license ) hopefully will be better with the new 1.7 engine.

My dealer told me if i ordered this week , vehicle would be here end of July

#79999 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

BTW current ‘best’ mpg is 56.7

Assume that on the X Trail 1.6dci auto?

#80000 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Grant – never managed a wheelspin with the auto ever and believe me I tried 😉

Myself – Correct, that was a 100 mile motorway run at a steady 56 mph (driving miss daisy aka the missus) 🙂

#80002 Reply
    Grant

Also meant to say am averaging between 52mpg – 55mpg. That’s approx. 60% A-Roads / 40% in 30mph limits.

#80140 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

Have been in the Xtrail today, very comfy, does the sat nav via the SD Card get free updates ? as I see there is no android auto?

#80144 Reply
    Macca

Just remember, if you would want the intelligent cruise control, then it has to be bought as part of a pack. If you don’t want it then no bother, but it adds a good few hundred quid to the cost

#80145 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

My Juke has the same Sat Nav, I’ve never seen or heard any mention of updates. I hardly ever use it so I’ve not actively investigated the update situation.

One thing I can say is I never got the NissanConnect system to work in 3 years, I’m pretty good with tech but it just wouldn’t play ball.

#80146 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

i see, on the website on the Tekna, it does not allow you to add any more options, as the options available are all included, but obviously, none say the intelligent cruise control

Appears you can only get it on the manual, or am I reading it wrong ?  and its £ 495 as in the brochure: https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/gb/brochures/Vehicles/Nissan_New-X-Trail_UK.pdf

Drive Assist Pack (1.7 dCi 150 Manual):
    Intelligent Cruise Control, Intelligent Lane
    Intervention, Lane Keep Assist

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by myself33.
    #80154 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

This is just my personal opinion (and counts for nowt) – but I looked at the X Trail and compared to say a Seat Terrano it feels like a generation behind – no digital dash / no android auto / antiquated nav system etc etc.

The only advantage was the cheaper AP – But you can get a Auto Terrano Excellence for £2200 down – with the £500 good condition bonus if you qualify it makes it a bit more bearable – that’s for a 4WD as well – and short wait times at moment as it is so new.

I would have a test drive and see what you think – I had a Qashqai for a while and swapped it – but they were very popular 🙂

Dave

#80160 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Been doing the rounds looking in boots for size etc and while the boot is pretty much the same size as my current XC60 it is oddly sloped – as we regularly carry lots of postal tubes this is going to be a problem for us especially as our drive is stupidly steep so between them it would be STEEP lol. We’re back hoping the Tiguan Allspace loses its build delays in the next 3 months as I’m due to order late Oct Early Nov

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#80176 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Have been in the Xtrail today, very comfy, does the sat nav via the SD Card get free updates ? as I see there is no android auto?

Nope, sorry no updates but it does flag speed (sorry – safety) cameras visual and audible. Also, no android auto means that it will play Amazon Echo Auto 🙂 ….

Will this connect to my car?
    Echo Auto connects to most cars that support Bluetooth to play music or that have an auxiliary input. It works best on cars that don’t have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. These vehicles are not compatible when using Bluetooth.

#80178 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

many thanks, i wonder if the maps are 2019

#80184 Reply
    Dragonfly

Nissan do provide yearly updates SD card to the Sat Nav whilst the car is under warranty, I have mine each time the car goes in for a service

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/nissanconnect-services/mapcare.html

#80186 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

thanks 🙂

#80188 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Thanks from me too 🙂 looking at the link this was introduced 5 months after we took delivery of our current model. Good to know the updates are free on the new one 🙂

#80196 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

Hammerhead, which colour have you chosen, am thinking of going with the monarch orange.

Dealer advised I can have any colour, if order within next few weeks, here for September

When does your new one arrive 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by myself33.
    #80203 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

I thought Nissan had now dumped the CVT in favour of a proper 8spd auto?

#80204 Reply
    myself33
    Participant

They have but only on the petrol on the X Trail

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Nissan X-Trail Tekna
Your information: