Nissan X-Trail Hybrid thoughts. ?

• Creator
    Topic
    sagwala123
    Participant

Have been to have a look this morning (went for the Ariya, but dealer didn’t have one) so got looking at the X-Trail. Very nice, lovely finish, cracking size. Shame it’s not full EV. Anyone taken the plunge and ordered or taken delivery. Salesman was keen to take an order and checked the system, able to get a champagne silver (just the colour I liked) within a fortnight. So, does beg the question is it due for an upgrade/facelift or is it being discontinued. Or is it just a car that doesn’t fit the current market pigeon holes ? Thoughts. ?? AP is a bit of a sticking point though. Would be looking at £2750 for the model I looked at. Seems high to me as current 50k + EVs are 1500 or even less.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

I looked at thw Ariya as it had the highest roof height, couldn’t get in it without my head hitting the roof and the steering wheel jamming on my legs (but I am 6′ 5″).

However, for the trim level and that AP I think the X-Trail is overpriced.  Bear in mind that if you can go full EV there are alternatives (Smart #1, Enyaq etc.) that start from £0 AP, even the Enyaq 85 Edition is only £1,499  and could also save you around £1000 to £2000 in fuel over the 3 years depending on you driving, mileage etc.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

sagwala123
        Participant

I looked at thw Ariya as it had the highest roof height, couldn’t get in it without my head hitting the roof and the steering wheel jamming on my legs (but I am 6′ 5″). However, for the trim level and that AP I think the X-Trail is overpriced. Bear in mind that if you can go full EV there are alternatives (Smart #1, Enyaq etc.) that start from £0 AP, even the Enyaq 85 Edition is only £1,499 and could also save you around £1000 to £2000 in fuel over the 3 years depending on you driving, mileage etc.

Yes, I tend to agree. We currently have an ID4 EV on order and think the deposit on the X-Trail would have to be much better than it is to be tempted.

It is, however, one of a dying breed of, what I would call, your typical “4×4” style and shape, rather than a crossover or SUV. Which I think it has in its favour.

As such, access both in and out is so much easier because of the ride height and the flatter threshold.

kj35
          Participant

@phaedra my husband had the same issue in the ariya. It was very odd as it certainly looked initially like it’d be big enough but it was properly squashed in there for him. @sagwala123 I absolutely loved the xtrail and if I hadn’t got a massive bee in my bonnet about going full EV this time I would have definitely ordered it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by kj35.
            sagwala123
            Participant

@phaedra my husband had the same issue in the ariya. It was very odd as it certainly looked initially like it’d be big enough but it was properly squashed in there for him. @sagwala123 I absolutely loved the xtrail and if I hadn’t got a massive bee in my bonnet about going full EV this time I would have definitely ordered it.

It does tick a lot of boxes for sure.

Anonymous

I bought a 2006 Xtrail in 2008 with about 15k on the clock.  Kept it until it was 11 or 12 years old with over 100k on the clock.  It was one of the best cars I ever owned.  It just kept on going on an annual service and consumables.

A truly great car.  That said, I have a Q4 on order 😂

kezo
                Participant

I had many test drives of the e-power & e-4orce and have waited since it has joined the scheme for the Tecna trim to join, which looks less likely every quarter that goes by.

sagwala123
                  Participant

I had many test drives of the e-power & e-4orce and have waited since it has joined the scheme for the Tecna trim to join, which looks less likely every quarter that goes by.

Yes the highest trim level is currently the NConnecta. Still nice though. Think you lost the glass roof, 20″ alloys, HUD and elec leather seats.

Still a cracking car though. What was your thoughts on the test drives. I haven’t driven one ?

kezo
                    Participant

Yes the highest trim level is currently the NConnecta. Still nice though. Think you lost the glass roof, 20″ alloys, HUD and elec leather seats. Still a cracking car though. What was your thoughts on the test drives. I haven’t driven one ?

The N-Connecta is nice, only I would like leather seats 🙂

moggy
                      Participant

They’re not leather in the Tekna, it’s some form of cheap looking plastic.

sagwala123
                        Participant

Yes, some vegan alternative 🥕 poor carrots 😁

kezo
                          Participant

Lets settle on Vinyl it sounds better 😂

moggy
                            Participant

To be fair the tekna + has proper leather but that will never come on the scheme.

I think vinyl is pushing it.

Participant

Have an X Trail due next month E 4orce Nconnecta trim ordered in October. Sometimes cancelled orders appear on dealer systems, so if not bothered about colour etc can be a quicker way to get one.  Was newly released in current format in September 2022 a year behind its Rogue equivalent in USA. Which has just had a mild cosmetic facelift new grille mainly.  A pure EV for me is a no no at moment as caravan and longer journeys so unhoooking caravan to charge at public chargers is an inconvenience i dont wish. So it ticked boxes of EV like drive with ease of refill.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatar photoHoneyMonster.

Cars On Motability
                                2009 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
                                2012 Vauxhall Antara
                                2013 Skoda Superb Estate
                                2016 Seat Alhambra
                                2020 Seat Tarraco
                                2021 Ford Kuga
                                2024 Nissan X-Trail

Participant

Lets settle on Vinyl it sounds better 😂

yesh, makes a bit of Noise ,when you fidget about?🤣🤣🤣🤪

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.