Nissan Aryia

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169553 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I’ll believe it when I see it. 😁

The new Kia Sportage looks rather nice as well.

#169560 Reply
    Ian

That would be nice wouldn’t it!

#169562 Reply
    brydo

If I’d seen this earlier I would have called their UK HQ and asked them, Monday it is then.

I would be interested in this car.

Strangely though I called motability last week and asked if any new BEVs were coming on the scheme and they said no.

#169564 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I spoke to a local Nissan dealer a couple of weeks ago who said that ALL Nissan cars are on the scheme so he would expect the Ariya to join too. Motability told me they cannot confirm what new cars may or may not join, however its luck of the draw depending who you speak to. Likewise there was no mention of the Soul. Interested to hear the outcome of your call on Monday, Brydo.

#169565 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I spoke to a local Nissan dealer a couple of weeks ago who said that ALL Nissan cars are on the scheme

Which is patently wrong of course. Unless i’ve missed the GT-R. The Ariya is pretty cool, we’d have taken that over the GTE no questions asked, but if we can’t even get a Ford Mach E or base model Teslas, i doubt we’ll see a £60k+ Ariya. The entry level, low range, two wheel driven Ariya starts around £45k.

Unless the APs are gigantic, of course.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#169570 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

All additions would be most welcome, but the range on this car looks to be very poor. Serious question, but why are the wheels on EV’s so damned ugly? Is there a reason that they can’t have normal alloys?

#169576 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I quite like them. And yes, there’s a reason why many EVs have a majorly “closed surface”. It’s more efficient. In a segment where every single mile counts, that can be important.

Apart from the obvious part that i actually don’t think they’re all ugly, i quite like the ID3 20″ wheels for example, as well as these ones.

I would almost argue that the Born has objectively good looking alloys.

#169641 Reply
    Capuchin

We should watch out for the Rimac Nevera too. Just in case they add it. And the EQC.

#169732 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Called Nissan HQ Sunderland? seemed like it was a call centre in Asia.

Them “No body can help with Motability cars at HQ, i will redirect you to Motability Operations”. Me “sorry thats not what i`m after, i need to speak to someone at Nissan HQ, I have a question regarding the Aryia coming onto the scheme”. Them ” i can put you through to a dealer”. Me “no thanks”.

Called my local Nissan dealer, he said “I cant see that happening any time soon but I’ll speak to my boss and get back to you”.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#169734 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Salesman came back to me, they have no info on the Aryia coming to the scheme.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#169736 Reply
    pg

Plans to add 50k evs but no word on adding two door cars for independent wheelchair users, motability back at it again, god forbid there is an Audi A5 or bmw 2 series coupe!

#169750 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

As always, it is very difficult to get concrete news or information.

#169785 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

And yes, there’s a reason why many EVs have a majorly “closed surface”. It’s more efficient. In a segment where every single mile counts, that can be important.

You’re correct, but it seems crazy that “every mile counts” in EVs which cost less per mile. It would be more beneficial for a petrol vehicle to be more efficient – both to save money and for the environment.

#169791 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

When i see that name i always think of Game of Thrones.

#169801 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

And yes, there’s a reason why many EVs have a majorly “closed surface”. It’s more efficient. In a segment where every single mile counts, that can be important.

You’re correct, but it seems crazy that “every mile counts” in EVs which cost less per mile. It would be more beneficial for a petrol vehicle to be more efficient – both to save money and for the environment.

While true in a sense, the main reason here is that people in ICE cars don’t have range anxiety. Of course, you’d want every car as efficient as possible, but for an EV, the range/efficiency is a better advertising stat than in an ICE car. And a few miles can make a psychological difference that might sway a buyer (same reason why stuff in supermarket costs £2.99 and not £3).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Nissan Aryia
Your information: