nissan aryia

• Creator
    Topic
  • #186260 Reply
    coralie

so the aryia has joined today at ?£6,445 ap yep these electric cars are for everyone (NOT)these ap are getting way out of hand

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #186268 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It’s not as if it gets great reviews either.

#186271 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

…and it’s the base model though the retail OTR price is £42k plus.

#186276 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The manufacturers are calling the shots, it’s goodbye to huge motability discounts in the medium term😞

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#186278 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The one positive though, is that this glimmers hope that eventually the Ionic 5 (same price ish) makes it to the scheme.

The Ariya has 220 miles range (the one on the scheme), so even at a more reasonable price i wouldn’t go for one. That being said, i don’t think it has been said (nor do i agree with) that “EVs are for everyone”. Not quite sure what’s expected – i think the Ariya isn’t far off of what i’d consider “within reason”. It’s a £43.000 car that goes up to way over £55.000 when spec’d accordingly, of course it’s not going to be cheap.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#186291 Reply
    Chris

Price of car shouldn’t really matter disabled people ain’t working so 6grand for a car is ridiculous where are people supposed to get that sort of money? I could never afford that I’d love to change my order and get it

#186304 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

A while ago some member were calling for the price cap on AP and BHP limit to be raised, personally I set my own budget, but it nice to see for those fortunate enough to afford the high AP at least have the option.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#186332 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I was one of those who asked for the price cap and BHP limit to be increased but there is no way I would pay the AP’s that are being asked for the likes of a bloody bog standard Nissan etc.

#186336 Reply
    Ian

Have you read the reviews of it Elliot? It’s a step up from much of what we are currently driving and a significant improvement on the German brand offerings

#186340 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Like I stated I set myself a budget, for our current car I set a budget of £2,000, fortunately our current cars AP came in well below our set budget.

However, our lease in due for renewal in 12 months time, the current AP are a wee bit on the high side for me, hopefully they will let me extend my lease for another 2 years and the market will level out. We tow a caravan if we wish to carry on towing and stay on the scheme, I will however extension or no extension will have too dramatically increase my budget to around £5,500 ?

Not sure we would be willing to do that.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#186346 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Have you read the reviews of it Elliot? It’s a step up from much of what we are currently driving and a significant improvement on the German brand offerings

I’ve read all the reviews I’ve found and it’s certainly not a step up on the 3 series I’m currently driving which cost me thousands less in AP.

#186350 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I’ve read all the reviews I’ve found and it’s certainly not a step up on the 3 series I’m currently driving which cost me thousands less in AP.

One has to drive to compare

#186352 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

No, one really hasn’t.

I’m not arguing whether or not the Ariya is good, i haven’t driven one, so no idea. To assume that Nissan, a volume manufacturer that has its very own niche (reliability) suddenly not only rivals, but overtakes a german premium manufacturer is just nonsense. It doesn’t happen.

Look how long it took Peugeot to rival VW in quality. Look at DS, etc. It’s not “an overnight thing”, and the Ariya certainly, without a doubt and even without having driven one, is not going to be “significant improvement over german offerings”. The german offering here being EQC and iX, both of which just demolish an Ariya in any category other than “affordability”. It’s not even a fair comparison.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#186349 Reply
    Ian

Elliot you need to take those Rose tinted glasses off……there’s a whole world of cars out there,

BMW’s are ok I know I’ve got one and have had many previously.

Personally I don’t think they are a patch on what they used to be and brand snobbishness will not carry them for ever.

I’ve also had other cars which are better

#186355 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I have to disagree, in my opinion, Kia and Hyundai have overtaken WV, or the VAG group in terms of electric vehicles, better efficiency, value, reliability, according to the indices  and in my opinion quality too. At the top end, the S class and 7 series cannot be bettered, but the gap has been closing between the “mainstream” and “quality” brands. I speak as a driver of two BMW´s and several Mercedes cars on a shorter term basis.  The badge is becoming less important.

#186356 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Elliot you need to take those Rose tinted glasses off……there’s a whole world of cars out there, BMW’s are ok I know I’ve got one and have had many previously. Personally I don’t think they are a patch on what they used to be and brand snobbishness will not carry them for ever. I’ve also had other cars which are better

Elliot you need to take those Rose tinted glasses off……there’s a whole world of cars out there, BMW’s are ok I know I’ve got one and have had many previously. Personally I don’t think they are a patch on what they used to be and brand snobbishness will not carry them for ever. I’ve also had other cars which are better

Agree 100%, times are changing.

#186357 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

All I can say to that is cohones.

Comparing a Nissan to a BMW is like comparing chalk to cheese.

Name the cars you’ve had which in your opinion are better.

#186358 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Agree 100%, times are changing.

Times might be changing but you can’t tell me a Nissan is a premium car.

#186359 Reply
    Ian

It fascinates me how people create a view of the world which everyone must agree …

Elliot the cars I have had that I preferred to my 3 and 5 series.

Lexus Gs300

Toyota Land cruiser

VW Golf GTi

Toyota Camry

Honda Legend

VW Phaeton

#186415 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

From what reviews Ive seen, the Aryia’s cousin Megane E tech is an all round far better car.

#186557 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It fascinates me how people create a view of the world which everyone must agree … Elliot the cars I have had that I preferred to my 3 and 5 series. Lexus Gs300 Toyota Land cruiser VW Golf GTi Toyota Camry Honda Legend VW Phaeton

But none of those have been on the scheme which is what I was referring to. I’ve driven cars that are better, cars like Aston Martins and Bentleys but again they won’t ever appear on Motability.

#186576 Reply
    MarkF

Surely if someone is willing to pay that much to get the car on Motability, good luck to them.  Both the Kona and Soul are getting on a bit and, as much as I’d love to see it the Ioniq 5 and EV6 are unlikely to be offered unless huge APs are allowed (think £10k+).  However, a base model Nissan isn’t worth that sort of money.

The current market has all manufacturers capable of filling all the sales they can deliver, Motability has become something of a pain.  When times are tough and new car demand is nowhere near supply, suddenly it’ll be popular again and APs will be heavily reduced.  Afterall, would you sell a car for £10,000 when you could easily get £15,000 for it with just a little effort?

#186664 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I think I’ve seen enough reviews to decide not to bother driving one plus the measly range makes it totally pointless for me.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: nissan aryia
Your information: