Next rental – SUV options considered

This topic contains 64 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 1 day, 9 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #69057 Reply

Johnny

Hi,

So some time end of next month I will get the approval to order.

Currently have a Ford Kuga Titanium X 150bhp.

Having considered many options, some of which have been removed from the scheme as it stands I will probably get another Kuga, the ST Line Edition, it’s more than I want ideally to pay £2345 but cheaper than some of the other options I looked at and gives me the 180bhp I am looking for.

Considered the VW Tiguan but it’s £650 more for the SEL and the one I really liked was the R Line, now taken off.

I also thought about a BMW X1 but it’s just like a mini X5 to me and due to the number of variations the dealer says it’s almost impossible for me to view or drive one to see what it is like.

I really like the Mazda CX5 but not so keen on the Petrol 165bhp they currently have on the scheme following yet more changes.

Toyota RAV4 and Nissan X Trail were on my list but no longer available, I did speak to Peugeot about the 3008/5008 but never received a call back so discounted them.

Volvo Momentum too expensive. same for Honda CRV.

I really like the styling on the Kuga, it looks great, gives me that extra bit of power, my dealer is also a lot closer to home than the others, there are many similarities with the interior my current car but also quite a few differences too so I don’t think having a Kuga for 6 years will be such an issue, and the exterior looks completely different.

I do feel Ford are taking some of the things away from the car, power tailgate, seat back tables for example but I just think that £645 is worth saving against the VW SEL which I do like but not as much as the R Line.

I would like Ruby Red but that is £850 more, but I do like the look of it in White also so that as it stands barring any R Line addition to the scheme will probably be the one. Kuga ST Line Edition in White.

Any comments appreciated, especially on how the car handles and rides.

Cheers,

Johnny

Viewing 14 replies - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #70364 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I hear what your saying Tony and it would be a great addition.

I’ve moved my full reply to the JLR thread as seemed more on topic.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/jlr-and-motability-scheme/#post-70367

#70684 Reply

Johnny

Hi,

Well my wife has now been out for a run in the Tiguan R Line and really likes it, I knew she liked the way the car looks prior to today.

We haven’t had any feedback from any other dealer which is disappointing as I wanted to test drive a few cars.

Whilst that’s not ideal I still feel the R Line would probably have been my choice anyway. Colour still to be decided, I was torn between white and indium grey, but the one my wife went out in was black and she really liked that, so that’s to be decided.

Going for the manual as she doesn’t like automatics.

#70686 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Johnny my name is brydo and I’m tiguan neutral lol but I saw a black one yesterday and it looked great. It had obviously just recently been washed but its the first time I’ve been tempted by, IMO, the bland design of the tiguan.

Maybe all the tiguan chat on the forum is turning me lol.

#70691 Reply

Winston
    Participant

One thing I’ve noticed on the VW website but never saw in the flesh is the 2 shades of white that are offered

As we know with cars there is usually a Standard White and then super duper White which always looks nicer

Has anyone saw the 2 colours sismde by side?

#70693 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

If it’s pearl white it is very desirable, I had a Honda CRV with that finish much better than basic white.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#70694 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Yes my Audi is in Glacier white and that’s a really nice bright pearl finish compared to the the flat standard white

I just haven’t saw the Tiguan in the 2 whites to compare

#70703 Reply

Johnny

There is only one white available on the scheme for free, so I am not considering any colours that have an extra charge.

#70704 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Im sure all Motability customers are allowed Metallic paint for free? Usually worth around the £600 mark

Obviously this free upgrade won’t cover all paint choices

#70708 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

Metallic or pearlescent paint is free. Sometimes there is a fee for a premium paint, usually the difference over the standard metallic.

#70723 Reply

Winston
    Participant

I see there is going to be a black edition of the Tig R released soon, darker alloys and black metal round the windows and doors etc rather than the shiny chrome which I think is a little bit Ott on the Tig R. It’s not so bad on the white but I think it’s too much and spoils the look on the black and darker models

Having chosen the black styling kit on my white car I think that really sets it off nicely

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though 😎

#70727 Reply

Johnny

There are only five colours on the ‘build your own’ section.

Deep black pearl, Indium Grey Metallic, Tungsten Silber metallic all at £580.

The standard white for £0

Pearl Signature Metallic at £1000, the 1 colour you can’t have.

So I suppose there is an argument for choosing one of the £580 one’s , even though I prefer the white!

#70810 Reply

Johnny

Well having pretty much all but ruled out everything else, out of the blue BMW have just called me saying they have exactly the car I am interested in to drive.

X1 xdrive 2.0d sport, so having pretty much told my VW dealer I am getting the Tiguan I have now agreed to test drive the BMW Thursday morning, may as well have a go in it.

#70824 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

2 damn right Johnny, it’s a cracker of a car now, nothing like the previous one!

#70828 Reply

Johnny

Cheers , will report back how I get on.

Viewing 14 replies - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
Reply To: Next rental – SUV options considered

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: