Next Car Decision – Fiesta Or Something Else?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75297 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

Hi all,

My Motability car is due to be changed in 6 months and I’ve started looking around at options.

I’m currently on my third Fiesta automatic (Titanium X), and it suits me very well. The safe, sensible and probably cheapest option is to go for another Fiesta, and if I do that I’ll go for a top spec Vignale, as it has all the features I want / need.

The other options I’m considering are an Audi A1 or Mini. The downsides to both, as they are considered ‘premium’, is that to add the features I want (reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors, sat nav); it bumps up the cost considerably. On the Fiesta Vignale, everything is standard aside from the front parking sensors that I would have to pay extra for.

Ultimately I need to test drive the Audi and Mini, which I’ll do over the coming months. Having sat in all three, the Mini has the most attractive cabin; and I do prefer the driving position to the Fiesta. The A1 is, I know, basically a spruced up VW Polo.

With the Mini, another option is the convertible. However, I’ll probably rule this out because rear visibility is pretty poor, both when the roof if raised and lowered.

Does anyone out there who has any experience of these types have any advice / opinions on them and which is best?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75298 Reply

Rico

kia worth a look, any of the gt line s models come fully loaded too 😉

#75303 Reply

Persuader

My advice (against my normal instinct to try something different) would be to go for the Fiesta Vignale as you like what it offers, know its comfortable and it is still very highly rated. Its outstanding in most areas compared to rivals. You won’t regret it.

#75309 Reply

catturbo

hi jl151080

I am in the same position.i like the fiesta very much but am told by various sources

that the fuel consumption on the fiesta automatics are absolute rubbish,has you have had three over the last nine years can you confirm what sort of consumption you have got,they say they are well behind the manual transmission fiestas on consumption.any feedback from other fiestas automatic owners would be very welcome

#75312 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

My advice (against my normal instinct to try something different) would be to go for the Fiesta Vignale as you like what it offers, know its comfortable and it is still very highly rated. Its outstanding in most areas compared to rivals. You won’t regret it.

The Vignale definitely has the best standard spec of the models I’m considering. Part of me just wants to try something else having had 3 consecutive Fiestas; but I suspect in the end I’ll just get another Fiesta! There doesn’t seem to be much to match them. The new one just looks a bit dull!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  jl151080.
    #75313 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

hi jl151080 I am in the same position.i like the fiesta very much but am told by various sources that the fuel consumption on the fiesta automatics are absolute rubbish,has you have had three over the last nine years can you confirm what sort of consumption you have got,they say they are well behind the manual transmission fiestas on consumption.any feedback from other fiestas automatic owners would be very welcome

Hi. My current car is a 66 plate so is the last generation model. My fuel consumption is usually around 37 mpg.

#75315 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Hi JL

you say you intend to test drive the Mini And Audi over the next couple of months, I would take this time to try as many different vehicles and manufacturers, we ended up with a vehicle had not considered before, (Tucson) as an example a trip to Hyundai the ix20 and the Kona is a good contender to the fiesta plus you may be surprised at the Ioniq. That’s just one manufacturer but take your time and Enjoy looking around don’t put yourself under pressure, searching for a new car should be fun and enjoyable experience.

#75316 Reply

Macca

Kona is a belter, just gutted i dont fit in it! …. lol

#75317 Reply

DBtruth

Have you had a look at the Seat Ibiza? I don’t know how the spec compares with the Fiesta but id assume a top spec Ibiza isn’t that much different. Sporty looks, £0 ap, good fuel economy and a DSG gearbox

#75318 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

hi jl151080 I am in the same position.i like the fiesta very much but am told by various sources that the fuel consumption on the fiesta automatics are absolute rubbish,has you have had three over the last nine years can you confirm what sort of consumption you have got,they say they are well behind the manual transmission fiestas on consumption.any feedback from other fiestas automatic owners would be very welcome

I’ve checked the car and it’s currently reading 42.7 mpg, so a little better than I thought it was!

#75320 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

Hi JL you say you intend to test drive the Mini And Audi over the next couple of months, I would take this time to try as many different vehicles and manufacturers, we ended up with a vehicle had not considered before, (Tucson) as an example a trip to Hyundai the ix20 and the Kona is a good contender to the fiesta plus you may be surprised at the Ioniq. That’s just one manufacturer but take your time and Enjoy looking around don’t put yourself under pressure, searching for a new car should be fun and enjoyable experience.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I will certainly research as many makes as possible. I’ll also go to one of the Motability event days, as they are great for being able to look at a wide variety of cars in one place.

#75321 Reply

jl151080
    Participant

Have you had a look at the Seat Ibiza? I don’t know how the spec compares with the Fiesta but id assume a top spec Ibiza isn’t that much different. Sporty looks, £0 ap, good fuel economy and a DSG gearbox

It’s a model I’ve thought about, but my understanding is that the Ibiza is essentially a cheaper version of the VW Polo; and in turn the Audi A1 is basically an overpriced Polo. Not sure how accurate that is, though!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  jl151080.
    #75323 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I’ve never been to one of the big events but is a good way to see multiple vehicles, I was lucky enough to live in an area with a good motor park with most manufacturers represented and the ones not all bunched together not far away, it made for a good few days out eliminating cars and shortlisting others, as Macca says the Kona really is a belter unfortunately we required a higher vehicle so it’s bigger brother the Tucson won us over in our fun days out.

Happy hunting Enjoy!

#75324 Reply

Philjb

I’m three years away yet, so no idea yet, but I like the low down torque of diesels and after owning two Dsg diesels in a row, if I change it would have to be for something pretty special.

But im already on grandchild no 6, in 3 years time I can see I’ll definitely be back to a 7 seater at least.

I need good easily refillable range as my family is spread out far and wide across the country.

Flexi seats

My current diesel does 550-600 mpg brim to brim.

So again it depends what’s comfy and on the scheme as my joints are crumbling and the others fused.

So I wouldn’t like to tempt fate…….

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Next Car Decision – Fiesta Or Something Else?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: