New Toyota CHR ordered

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Ordered my new Toyota CHR icon 1.8 hybrid yesterday morning the motability man is lovely put the Toyota app on my phone for new car etc hope to get June was 2 hours with paperwork etc he did try to sell me a scotch guard paint protection at £249 but I refused as I like to wash my car regular . When I pick up the car it will be in showroom with a sheet over he told me and unveiled when I’m there ! Will miss the rear wiper but not on any Chr now due to the streamline new rear window ! It was a bargain at £850 that’s with the £750 off in Q1 it was £2395 in Q2 £1595 so a great saving ! Yes it’s bottom of range but I adore the silver alloys to match the silver met paint has sat nav keyless folding mirrors pop out door handles etc I’m very pleased

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

wmcforum
        Which Mobility Car

OMG! Thats amazing Mike, I know all the hard work you put into choosing your car, you must feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

If only we could get you to choose a TV!!

Adrian
          Participant

🙂 I’m so pleased for you Mike! It’s been quite a journey.

"Come on BYD Seal!"
            Participant

OMG! Thats amazing Mike, I know all the hard work you put into choosing your car, you must feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. If only we could get you to choose a TV!!

yes I still after a 50 inch tv I am an over thinker on everything !  I watch many many Car reviews on YouTube but I’ve loved my present Chr over the last 3 years and love the shape of the new model

Participant

🙂 I’m so pleased for you Mike! It’s been quite a journey.

Adrian it was Ben at Vertu Toyota Loughborough what a lovely man he said when I pick it up he allows motability customers 2 hours to make sure all controls are right etc before they drive home !

Participant

How obsessed is this I’ve asked Ben to tell me when the transporter comes so I can see it unloaded ! How bad is that ?

Participant

My new CHR has no rear wiper I will miss that

Glos Guy
                    Participant

Well done Mike. I’m really pleased for you. Enjoy the car!

des
                      Participant

I hope you enjoy it as it’s a great looking car.

solent60
                        Participant

Nice one Mike! Congrats.

I had a top-of-the-range C-HR for 3-years (as you know) when they first came out more or less & really enjoyed my time with it. Lovely & comfortable. Always loved walking up to it because it looked so futuristic from all angles! The new one looks terrific too. I’ve only seen one on the road (new shape) and it really stood out.

Can’t see you getting much sleep in the days leading up to delivery Mike. Roll on June eh! 😉

MickC
                          Participant

@Menorca Mike

vinalspin
                            Participant

My new CHR has no rear wiper I will miss that

Just put a Hydrophobic coating on and you’ll not miss it.

vinalspin
                              Participant
                                Participant

Update I’m over the moon motability man just phoned says be here in 4 weeks

Carmad
                                  Participant

Great news Mike

MLH
                                    Participant

That’s super news Mike, congratulations!

Collie
                                      Participant

It’s really great to see someone get excited about their new car. To most people these days, cars are just appliances, but for some of us is still a big deal. I was just saying a couple of weeks ago when I ordered mine that it was the first time in a while I had been excited about ordering a new car. The fact yours will be here in 4 weeks is great news, congratulations 🎉

Participant

Many thanks for the replies I’m so excited because I’ve always loved cars passed my test age 18 I’m now 58 in an automatic following a spinal injury in 1980 they said I’d never walk again was in hospital a year ! I’m so pleased after all the automatic cars I’ve had that automatic transmission is very popular now and I just love the hybrid cars I’m a penny pincher and like a very good mpg ! I wanted an EV but alas longhurst housing who lease the bungalow off told me be at least 2 years legalisation etc so this looks like my last petrol car ! I do love the futuristic looks and it’s small and compact as just me in it 90% of the time

ScotT
                                          Spectator

Great news Mike

Gel
                                            Participant

Excellent choice Mike….enjoy

FiestaRed
                                              Participant

When I pick up the car it will be in showroom with a sheet over he told me and unveiled when I’m there!

Congratulations on your new CHR Mike.

I’m not a fan of the “sheet over the car unveiling” type of handover that some dealerships do. The only time this happened to me was at a Vauxhall dealership and some features of the car were missing, even the parking warning sensors. Luckily I hadn’t signed for the car like the dealership asked me to do before the “unveiling”.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Fastbike1000
                                                Participant

Very nice, it looks stunning in that silver 👍

Ioniq
                                                  Participant

One Happy Chappy, excellent news Mike and well deserved! You put in a lot of work and gave everyone a review on a ton of cars.

I guess Baileys sales will be up for a good 4 weeks.

Participant

One Happy Chappy, excellent news Mike and well deserved! You put in a lot of work and gave everyone a review on a ton of cars. I guess Baileys sales will be up for a good 4 weeks.

One Happy Chappy, excellent news Mike and well deserved! You put in a lot of work and gave everyone a review on a ton of cars. I guess Baileys sales will be up for a good 4 weeks.

lol yes I’m very excited just hope a sunny day when pick up 👍😀

Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.