New Tiguan to include 2.0TSi

• Creator
    Topic
  • #129157 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

VW have released a revised Q4 Motability price list which now shows the facelifted Tiguan (link below, if it posts OK) . The 2.0TSi 190PS 4Motion DSG version, which is yet to appear on the VW Configurator, shows as being available to Motability customers in both Elegance and R-Line trims. Unfortunately, AP’s are not yet shown, although someone on here posted a price of £2,499 on the Elegance model some time back, which makes it look a bargain against the 150PS diesels (and probably covers the additional fuel costs)! By the way, does anyone know what the colour of the Tiguan shown in all the brochures is? I had assumed it was Nightshade Blue, but I don’t think it can be. The cars in the photos look a vibrant blue, almost foil like lustre, yet if you look at photos of Nightshade Blue Tiguans on Autotrader (there are two with photos) it’s absolutely nothing like that. It’s more a dark, almost navy blue with a very slight green in it (a bit like the petrol blue that Skoda uses)  I’m confused!

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/offers/Motability/motability-price-guide.pdf

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129161 Reply
    Brydo

Welcome back Good Guy.

#129162 Reply
    Brydo

Gloss Guy

#129163 Reply
    Brydo

I give up, welcome back Glos Guy predictive text gone crazy.

#129164 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Welcome Glos Guy,

the colour is most likely their new green just photo shopped, when dealers reopen I’ll be having a look at the new Tiguan and compare it to the new 5008 before we decide on our next car

#129167 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks Brydo. Although I haven’t posted for ages I still look at the site from time to time as it remains by far the best place to get news, information and deals on the Motability scheme IMO . My wife’s motability car renews at the end of Q1 (if we renew) and therefore I shall be looking more often. In fact, I’m going to start a thread on that, as I could do with some advice from the knowledgeable and friendly posters on here. What did you end up doing? Last I recall you were extending the lease on a Volvo XC60 but were considering a Mazda CX-5 and then even a Tiguan, although I know you weren’t initially keen on them.

#129172 Reply
    Brydo

My wife wanted the Volvo xc40 B4 petrol so that’s what we are going for, delivery some time this year, I’m told. I so wish we had gone for the diesel Tiguan when there were a few deals early this year but we didn’t.

#129177 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

I can only hope its available in Feb/March when I am due to order. Everything else I’ve liked the look of is 4k plus.

#129182 Reply
    Brydo

What have you been looking at Richard?

#129186 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Started with Bmw as that’s what we have now and its been fab for us. No need for a seven seater this time but would prefer 4wd as we live in a very rural area. Volvo looks good but not sure about space until I look at one. Am open to anything really apart from electric, it just won’t work for us at the moment.

#129197 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Welcome Glos Guy, the colour is most likely their new green just photo shopped, when dealers reopen I’ll be having a look at the new Tiguan and compare it to the new 5008 before we decide on our next car

I think you are probably correct about the photoshopping as the only other explanation would be that it’s a colour that hasn’t been released in the U.K. yet but, either way, it seems very foolish to do that. Anybody ordering a Nightshade Blue car thinking that it will look remotely like the colour in the brochures is going to be massively disappointed. From the photos I have seen it’s not even close.

#129203 Reply
    Tim

I have a night shade blue tiguan.

#129204 Reply
    Tim

The nightshade blue looks exactly like the photo’s in one light and more green in another. It’s very metallic.

#129205 Reply
    Farid Miah

Glos guy,

That indeed is a very nice colour, and your right the night shade blue looks nothing like it.

I think the Elegance is definitely the one to go for, just the grey plastic trim ruins the look. There is a Dolphin Grey which would probably blend in best with that trim.

Regards

Farid

#129207 Reply
    Mmoreton5

Maybe now they can add the r line allspace please 🙏  motability

#129210 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The nightshade blue looks exactly like the photo’s in one light and more green in another. It’s very metallic.

Any chance you could post some photos Tim? I absolutely love the colour as depicted in the brochures, but those I’ve seen photos of so far (two different ones on Autotrader, both with multiple photos from different angles) bear no resemblance to it whatsoever. I’m struggling to think that even in sunlight it would change to be like the brochure, but I’d love to be proved wrong.

#129214 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos guy, That indeed is a very nice colour, and your right the night shade blue looks nothing like it. I think the Elegance is definitely the one to go for, just the grey plastic trim ruins the look. There is a Dolphin Grey which would probably blend in best with that trim. Regards Farid

Hi Farid. Yes, grey looks best with the plastic trim, but we’ve had two grey ones (for that reason), a black one (never again) and a white R-Line, so I fancy a change. VW colour choice is rubbish but the Nightshade Blue looks fantastic in the brochures, but I fear less so in reality (from the photos I’ve seen).

#129215 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

There is a video link here showing two cars one is nightshade blue, it is at least an outside view in natural light so gives some idea of what it looks like. It is not the same colour as shown on all the promo pages you see on the new Tiguan if that was available it would sell in bucket loads as it looks lovely.

What is it with VW they have much more exciting colours in their other models.The only other one would be the spice colour but it is still BROWN after all.

#129222 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks Keith. Yes, I’ve seen that YouTube clip. It’s a bit confusing as it constantly flicks between the R (in a colour not available on ‘normal’ models) and an R-Line in Nightshade Blue. I agree with you that it looks nothing like the colour as depicted in the brochures. Not even close. I’m not saying that it’s unpleasant – it could well be my choice if we go for another Tiguan – but I would much prefer the colour as depicted in the promotional literature, which is a much lighter and significantly more vibrant and metallic looking blue.

#129228 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

Hi Glos Guy

Another video here of nightshade blue shot from inside a dealership, I am warming to the colour.

#129230 Reply
    Farid Miah

I would love the white R-line, but sadly it just does not make any sense in the current spec and i’m not willing to spend 5K or whatever it would take to get those things that are standard on the elegance.

I was hoping to see the plug-in hybrid added soon to the scheme, which is abt 230bhp, but it looks like it may be a while if at all.

#129231 Reply
    Matthew

Yeah just looked on VW Configurator can’t see the 20 tsi yet

#129234 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks again Keith. Even under the bright fluorescent lights of the showroom it still looks significantly darker than depicted in the marketing material. It looks OK but if the colour was as vibrant as in the VW photos it would look stunning.

#129239 Reply
    Mmoreton5

I saw a new tiguan on the road today  looked nice from the glimpse i got

#129254 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

I agree GG I am a bit worried regarding how dark the car may look in the flesh in normal daylight. The darker the colour the harder they are to keep clean same as white.

Our SEL which is due for replacement next April is a Tungsten silver and really like the colour which stays looking clean for weeks between washings. Like you I fancy a change in colour but would like something more dynamic than grey’s or what other colours that are on offer right now. What is up with VW they have much more exciting colours in the Golf/and smaller SUV’s why can’t the Tiguan get them also.

I am even considering a Pug 5008 or the new Hyundai Tucson but even those colours are pretty poor choice with nothing that grabs me. I fancy a blue but something vibrant I think I may have to settle for the nightshade in the end. Hopefully I can see one in the flesh when we start looking after xmas.

I may even consider hanging on to what we have for a while as it’s only done 12k miles right now mainly due to covid as we have hardly gone anywhere between March and now. I expect by Mar/April it will only be about 15k miles and the car is as clean as a whistle with no dents or scratches etc.

#129256 Reply
    Brydo

Keith that’s a very nice colour.

My wife has picked a white xc40, not my choice, but to be fair the choice of colours in the inscription pro is very poor.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Reply #129164 in New Tiguan to include 2.0TSi
Your information: