New Tiguan (finally here!)

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126915 Reply
    Chris

As someone obsessed with the new Tiguan (will be placing order on Jan 1st), and have been checking the vw site twice a day, the configurator is finally open! Enjoy everyone!!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127230 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It looks to me like by facelifting it VW have managed to take off a lot of the features that used to be standard and offer them as expensive extras.

#127244 Reply
    kbfern

Like what, the Elegance seems to have quite a few new features that were not on the previous SEL model like Heated rear seats, power boot lift, heated steering wheel, rear view camera keyless entry, park assist and a few other bits and bobs. Not sure what is missing from the SEL seems more like what has been added.

The R seems to be missing the pan roof but don’t know whats been added.

#127249 Reply
    Simon

Elliot I disagree, the Elegance trim is very generously equipped.

#127252 Reply
    Chris-

Yes Elegance trim has a lot.

But Rline, does not have any parking cameras, boot button, pan roof, new IQ lights (these were all standard on previous model Tech)  (all optional extras now) Elegance gets the new rear lights too.

RLine is more expensive, too.

#127254 Reply
    Simon

No reason to go for the r line over the elegance trim.

#127255 Reply
    Chris-

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The Rline gets ‘nicer’ bumpers and 20″ rims. Over the Elegance</p>

#127256 Reply
    Simon

I’d rather have all those extras you mention over a nicer bumper and bigger wheels.

#127258 Reply
    Chris-

Simon, Im not suggesting otherwise. I was just saying thats the only thing the Rline has on the Elegance.

But the Rline looks a millions times better than the SEL of old. So im sure the new Rline will make the Elegance look naff again 😂

#127263 Reply
    Ian

One wonders what will happen in 2021 when we leave the EU. Will these cars be withdrawn due to the 10% tariffs. And how will the rest of the cars on scheme fair?

#127264 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

It’s exactly the same with the new R-Line Golf. The model below (‘Style’) has a lot more kit.

#127301 Reply
    Chris-

So what are the differences between the option extra IQ lights on Elegance and Rline. Elegance has the IQ lights as standard, Rline has led.

Would the Rline have the active indicators or would you need to pay £450 for the IQ upgrade

#127308 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

If you want the fancy indicators and cornering headlight functions you will have to option the IQ light pack for the R-Line. I would go for the Elegance as i went for the SEL in the old model because it was better specked than the R-Line until they released the R-Line Tech a little later on. Just cannot understand why they cannot include full body paint on the Elegance instead of those horrid plastic panels just like on my SEL i think that is the only reason i would choose the R-Line over the Elegance so if you can live with that i thinks it`s a better equipped car.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#127314 Reply
    Chris-

Stuart, thank you for that.

So Rline does not have the

IQ lights, any sort of reverse camera, (just sensors), no auto boot button, no Pan roof. VW playing a blinder

#127316 Reply
    Chris-

Probably bring A Tech out in 12 months time.

33k car should atlease have a boot button 🤣

#127317 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

The previous model did not have any of that either it was only when they released the R-Line tech that it got virtual cockpit and the pano roof. I would imagine one will be on the cards for the new model as well but not for a few years yet otherwise nobody would buy the Elegance.

in my spare time

#127318 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Foe me its between the elegance with the 1.5 DSG petrol or the new Tucson with the 1.6 DSG petrol when it comes out

in my spare time

#127320 Reply
    Chris-

Yeah i had previous tech.

But none tech had pan roof.

Im sure rep told me tech had 360 cam, boot button, there was only 3 extras.

#127322 Reply
    Chris-

Tech only added a few extras. It already had pan roof and didgi clocks.

#127323 Reply
    Chris-

#127328 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Ahh yeah i remember now, i went for the SEL as i wanted the powered tailgate and keyless entry.

in my spare time

#127330 Reply
    Chris-

I am going to order a Rline tomorrow. I may change my mind now and look st the new Ateca

#127366 Reply
    Imz

No dealers offering any further discounts? I think I saw a post mentioning a couple of places were doinga £600 discount

#127376 Reply
    Clipped wings

Larger wheels, lower profile and wider tyres plus lowered suspension usually equates to less comfort and increased noise. SEL for me every time

#127387 Reply
    Chris-

Chipped Wings, I disagree. The last tiguan Rline was lovely to drive. Very comfy, and there wasnt increased road noise. Rline for me every time

#127391 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

No dealers offering any further discounts? I think I saw a post mentioning a couple of places were doinga £600 discount

VW sales up nearly 40% for September year on year, new Golf released, ID cars coming soon along with Europes best selling SUV just being refreshed, VW dealerships don’t need to entice people with Motability discounts at the moment, you will be lucky to get enough fuel in the tank to get you to the forecourt at the moment.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 118 total)
Reply To: New Tiguan (finally here!)
Your information: