New Tiguan (finally here!)

• This topic has 81 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Clipped wings.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #126915 Reply
    Chris

As someone obsessed with the new Tiguan (will be placing order on Jan 1st), and have been checking the vw site twice a day, the configurator is finally open! Enjoy everyone!!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127059 Reply
    Simon

Hi,

Does anyone have the dealers contact details that was offering £600 off the Tiguan. Going to contact him and see if he can offer anything off the new model. Thanks

#127060 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I think anyone interested in VW’s latest cars had better get used to the fact that they seem to be following a new trend of ‘cost cutting’… especially in their R-Line models.

I am interested in the new Mk.8 Golf R-Line myself – but I note that, in reality, it comes with less equipment than the model below! No electric folding mirrors, improved LED headlights, heated seats, rear camera or bigger wheels – all of which are very expensive options to add to a car – just for the sake of ‘sportier looking’ front & rear bumpers & a black headlining!

As usual in my case of whichever car I choose soon, I will drive it off the forecourt and run it for a few weeks… and then find out that the manufacturer will suddenly add lots of kit to it as standard. You just know it! :/

#127065 Reply
    Mike11

Electric folding mirrors that fold when you lock the car should be standard on all cars all my Golfs have had them

#127066 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Electric folding mirrors that fold when you lock the car should be standard on all cars all my Golfs have had them

Indeed Mike. If you want them on the new Golf – they’re going to cost you £550

#127067 Reply
    Mike11

Solent someone on here had new Golf style 2 litre diesel said it had folding mirrors standard ! I think he was telling lies

#127071 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Hi, Does anyone have the dealers contact details that was offering £600 off the Tiguan. Going to contact him and see if he can offer anything off the new model. Thanks

It may have beeen a chap called Roger Brocklesby at JCT600 in Hull:

JCT600 Volkswagen Hull (Hessle)
    Saxon Way
    Priory Park West
    Hessle
    Hull
    Humberside
    HU13 9PB

Tel: 01482 642020

However, it was never formally advertised, but it could be worth chatting with him (I have no reccomendation – just going from old forum info).

There does not seem to be any currently advertised VW cashback or ‘money off AP’ Motability deals so far this quarter.

#127072 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

it’s nothing new all manufacturers do it when the bring out a facelift.
    They’re like estate agents they want to get that little bit extra out of buyers as but make you think that your getting a better product.

#127073 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thank you @bigdave. I was searching the forum myself trying to find his info, not helped by thinking his name was Richard.

#127077 Reply
    Simon

Thank you big Dave

#127078 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

2 new front runners now for me, the Tiguan and the new Tucson. Ruled out the Soul EV or any EV for that matter this renewal, maybe next time.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#127084 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Has none of the Tiggy fanboys and girls checked out the Motability page this fine morn? 😳 😯

James has posted some Frosties news for you.

🤣😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#127088 Reply
    Chris-

Rusty, what page is this? Please

#127090 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

VW Tiguan added to Scheme: Click here for prices

1.5 petrol with 128bhp (manual)

1.5 petrol with 148bhp (Manual and DSG)

2.0 litre diesel with 148 2 or 4 WD (DSG only)

#127091 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

1.5 petrol DSG R-line for me i think unless the Tucson drives as good as it looks

Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#127092 Reply
    Chris-

I have pre ordered a White Rline 150 4 motion dsg.

#127093 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

So tempted to just call a dealer now and order the r line but honestly the no sun roof puts me off

#127096 Reply
    sif

Its funny, but its the one car I really hated and could not wait to get rid of. Admirable in every respect, except one. I thought the seats, with typical Germanic firmness were terrible. Great for short journeys at first, then I began to hate short journeys, then I hated sitting in the car. Contrast that with the French, wafted along as if in bed. Seats are such an individual thing, and a car without electric seats is a no from me. Even with electric seats, I don’t like firm seats. I like to be cosseted and supported and I drive a lot.

Apart from the seats, I thought the tiguan rode as if on rails, sipped fuel, was beautifully finished and superbly practical.

#127097 Reply
    Chris-

SUVGUY, I know its ‘just’ a sunroof. But its definitely off putting,  while the old one had it as standard. I notice there’s a reverse camera option too. So not sure if it just has reverse sensors, or it actually has a reverse camera and the extra is the 360 camera.

I just got off the phone to vw and the rep doesn’t even know what/if it has a camera as standard.

#127098 Reply
    Simon

Totally agree, strange putting sunroof on the Elegance model and not the R Line. I would prefer the R Line but not paying £950 for a sunroof when standard on the Elegance trim.

#127101 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

not that the tiguan interests me i am quite happy with my countryman.but i must be alone in hating sunroofs and these new panoramic roofs. the citroen c4 grand piccasso had a huge pano roof  but at least it came with blinds. i had it 5 years and i dont think i opened it or the blind in that whole time.

although i do prefer lighter roof linings rather than the standard grey/black. go figure.

#127105 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Chris yeah exactly, why would they have it on the previous one and not the new one, even with the ID 3/4 loads of cheap materials inside, VW cost cutting because of the emissions scandal / producing a lot of cars is expensive.

simon yeah the elegance has both roof and camera, they’ll probably release an r line tech in 2 years that comes with the roof who knows

#127109 Reply
    kbfern

The vw configurator seems to be working now so did a config for the Elegance 1.5 petrol dsg. The colour of our current car is Tungsten grey and as much as I like it don’t want another this time round. I am disappointed in the colours on offer, lots of greys/white/black and only two others, ginger brown or nightshade blue.

I have seen other much brighter colours on video’s and promo pics of the new Tiguan and would prefer one of those. I don’t know whether more colours will become available in Jan when we order ours but atm ginger brown looks favourite, but a lighter shade of blue would be my first choice.

#127114 Reply
    Simon

No discount from Hull Volkswagen so I’ve ordered from my local dealer. I ordered the elegance trim 1.5 dsg in the metallic black paint. Est delivery end of January.

#127148 Reply
    John Morris

No the 1.5tsi engine is powerful enough. Up to 3.5k in our Ateca and it’s definitely got more grunt now than its ever had. I am not sure about the tiguan but the ateca even has trouble putting the power down because in 1st gear it spins if not careful but into 2nd and it’s off effortlessly picking up speed and with quite a nice engine tone as well. I like it

#127153 Reply
    Chris-

Another thing I noticed with the Rline, the rear lights are from the previous car, its the Elegance that has the new lamps

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
Reply To: New Tiguan (finally here!)
Your information: