New Smart traffic lights will turn green for cyclists

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Tharg.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #126660 Reply
    rox
    Participant

A smart traffic light system which prioritises cyclists over motorists is set to undergo trials at junctions in London and three other British cities.

The artificial intelligence (AI) technology will be tested in Wolverhampton, Coventry and Southampton this month, with the aim to reduce the likelihood of accidents on busy roads.

The trials, which were delayed amid the Covid-19 pandemic, will later reach south London, with developer Now Wireless explaining the firm has already been asked to supply a ‘key component’ ahead of a roll out in the capital.

As cyclists approach the AI-powered system, video cameras mounted on traffic lights detect riders and force opposing signals to turn red, the Times reported.

Lights then change to give the cyclist’s street priority at junctions, with any directional lights which could endanger road users also stopped.

The technology can also be adapted for cycle-only signals, which give bikes priority over all other vehicles travelling in the same direction.

“Crazyness imo here’s the true reality more traffic chaos.”

“Ai is coming to make all of us suffer, I cannot ride a bicycle and when the weather is bad, who is gonna ride a bicycle. not many at all”

it’s all part of the attack on the car, all private cars not just ice and the end of the private car will come to an end soon.. after all it’s a Un directive, The car owners must pay for the demise of the car. What does the future hold for us in the technocrat world.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by rox.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126732 Reply
    Tharg

Another monstrous waste of money. Cyclists routinely ignore traffic lights and “jump” through red lights. Might as well leave ’em as-is for same result.

AND the snap, above, really sums up this spend on motorway-sized cycle lanes. I regularly drive through Worthing town centre which has with these things inflicted upon it. On one occasion I saw a cyclist using one of the lanes. For 99% of time they are empty.

#126747 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Tempted to see if these new AI traffic lights can distinguish between a bicycle & a wheelchair, or a motorbike…..

As for Worthing’s cone jungle, the county council have done the same in Horsham, same result, gridlock and no cyclists ever observed using the coned off lanes. Tempted to use them with the wheelchair to avoid pedestrians on the pavements.

In Reigate, SCC were quick off the mark to cordon off a lane but the video of an ambulance stuck in the resulting gridlock & reports of people possibly dying soon had the lane returned to normal use. The council had even coned off the disabled parking bays as MAMILs are obviously a priority over us for SCC.

#126781 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Cyclists don’t look at traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, etc so why waste money thinking that they may do?

This would be another white elephant.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#126816 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I know right it’s all part of the agenda i beleieve to get us out of cars, any cars as even the lower speed on motorway trials for pollution are for all cars not just ice ones and the diversions around areas are for all cars too.

They creating more and more congestion so they can say we need to take more action, it’s how they do things.

A pot of 250m for it as well.. Plus no thought about us with mobility issues at all..

#126821 Reply
    Georgie

Would these ‘Let’s favour all the people who pay nothing toward road upkeep’ traffic lights also apply to e-bikes?  Or . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIMKACMOZ8

What a marvellous sound.  If only . . .

#126826 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Tempted to see if these new AI traffic lights can distinguish between a bicycle & a wheelchair, or a motorbike….. As for Worthing’s cone jungle, the county council have done the same in Horsham, same result, gridlock and no cyclists ever observed using the coned off lanes. Tempted to use them with the wheelchair to avoid pedestrians on the pavements. In Reigate, SCC were quick off the mark to cordon off a lane but the video of an ambulance stuck in the resulting gridlock & reports of people possibly dying soon had the lane returned to normal use. The council had even coned off the disabled parking bays as MAMILs are obviously a priority over us for SCC.

Apparently they do work.

“Paste and go” this address into your browser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi2h6BpRcns&feature=emb_logo

These cameras unknown to us have been in use for a couple of years now in the UK.

There’s no way to stop this madness and is why I won’t be voting for any of the main parties next election and The Monster Raving Loony Party is going to get my vote come next election. 😁

#126829 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Yeah Chris they all in it together and work for the same paymasters. Democracy is only an illusion to make us think we have a say. Watch when the ai is rolled out in other areas to charge us money to make us conform to the pathetic rules. pretty much like in china and the social credits system and the same people behind the west are behind the east.. They back both sides and thus they keep control.

Meanwhile in birmingham “It’s Birmingham but not as we knew it as quieter roads plan goes into overdrive”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/it-s-birmingham-but-not-as-we-knew-it-as-quieter-roads-plan-goes-into-overdrive/ss-BB1a00wN#image=23

The plans they had pre-covid was crazy imo, no one really wanted it, but seems they going full steam ahead now. No access to cars and if you wanna drive you need to drive out to the ringroad then around back into the area you wanna go no cross city travel or threw the center.

#126836 Reply
    Georgie

I’m sorry, but I was under the impression that The Monster Raving Loony Party were already running the country.

#126839 Reply
    rox
    Participant

The Monster Raving Loony Party would do a better job than any of the others, they all useless and promise the world and the reality is they always make things worse, so you then vote for the other party who do exactly the same.. Over and over.. nothing ever changes for the better of the people and lets not even talk about councils and which are the worst.

#127885 Reply
    Tharg

The “cone jungle” of covid cycle lanes has been seriously deforested in Chichester. City authorities are getting rid of them because video surveillance shows that they’ve been largely cycle-free. Live in hope that the move will spread to other bikeless cone-zones.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: New Smart traffic lights will turn green for cyclists
Your information: