New Q1 AP Drops in Price ASK the Dealer for the New Lower AP

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Is this against Motability rules ? and regulations as was pointed out to me ive seen it mentioned many many times on Which Mobility so took it as a given.

I mentioned to someone on FB who said their AP had dropped £500 three days after she had placed her order.

Here is a screengrab of my comment and a couple of “terse replies”

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

No it isn’t, I spoke to Motability when my Enyaq orders AP dropped £1100 on Oct 1st, absolutely no problem at all, they rang my dealer to make sure it was sorted out.  Doesn’t affect you dealers commission or the order placed with the factory at all.  It’s only the amount the dealer collects on behalf of Motability (which they then transfer to them).

I’ve emailed my delaer as the AP has dropped a further £400 this quarter.  My dealer isn’t great but if they mess me about I’ll phone Motability again.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

I’m in the exact same boat with the same car as the person in that post.

Emailed dealer requesting the 500 reduction, replied within 10 minutes and sorting it as I type this. Simple. ?

Dragonfly
          Participant

I emailed my dealer yesterday and he replied this morning,  he confirmed he had adjusted the order to reflect the new reduced AP this morning.

Applying the reduced AP should not be an issue.

Far away is near at hand in visions of elsewhere.

warpig
            Participant

Well I’ve just been on Live Chat with Motability because the Enyaq I ordered has dropped £400 and they basically said tough, the price is frozen when you order and there was nothing they could do.

mitch
              Participant

@warpig speak to your dealer he can cancel the order on the motability system and put in a new order in the lower ap. does not affect your place in the manufacturers queue.

i did it twice during the wait for my juke went from almost 1k down to 550 over 3 quarters.

it isnt a big deal.

Phaedra
                Participant

Just heard back from my dealer, price dropped £400 and Motability account updated.

A very exciting afternoon here, just went to do some washing up and a Pyrex glass jug exploded in the sink!.  That’s the second time that’s happened with Pyrex/Corning glass, had a large casserole dish do it about 20 years ago, doesn’t half make a mess!!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

JonnyRay
                  Participant

Warpig yes just ask the dealer not motobilty.  I have had mine reduced twice totalling 1500.  It takes the dealer 5 mins.

MickC
                    Participant

Thanks for the comments,so i was OK in suggesting to the lady to ask the dealer for the reduction,seems to be quite a few clever dicks on the FB group,i did reply to the fella Stephen telling him he was wrong have’nt been back on since.

Olpk
                      Participant

Motability won’t be bothered I’m technically on my fourth order since April.

1, ordered Enyaq 60 , cancelled after it arrived in UK.

2 ordered Enyaq 80 when AP dropped

3 cancelled 80 and ordered Sportline when that came on

4 changed order when AP dropped

5 just asked for a further change due to AP drop

If anyone was going to get in bother I think I would be.

In fact I’ve had one bit of hassle from them. Each time I change the order they try to get a new charge point fitted to my house. Took some convincing to tell them they’d already fitted one.

The last one I had to tell the charge company to stop ringing me.

Geriboo
                        Participant

I emailed yesterday.  Just checked my motability account, all sorted.  Luckily it’s only £100 difference.  Original order was 30th Dec.

christheheathen
                          Spectator

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ordered xc40 pre Ap price drop, emailed motability they refused to change it from 1999 down to 1499, emailed volvo dealership they said yes no problem an hour later my mobility application now shows the 1499 AP. Sorted.</p>

christheheathen
                            Spectator

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Yes, motability the were same with us, volvo dealer changed it straight away, no issue.</p>

devito
                              Participant

Well my dealer proclaims it can’t be done!

I’ve obviously explained to him that I have done this exact thing before with a previous order. Lets see what he comes back with.

Dragonfly
                                Participant

Well my dealer proclaims it can’t be done! I’ve obviously explained to him that I have done this exact thing before with a previous order. Lets see what he comes back with.

They have probably lots of time to dispute this with you but no time to carry what is a 5 minute job !!!!

Dont give up

christheheathen
                                  Spectator

@devito just tell them politely if it indeed “can’t” be done then you’d like to cancel.

devito
                                    Participant

Well he’s adamant that it will cause the order to be cancelled and then resubmitted as a new order. Thus pushing my build week back somewhat. Even though he’s colleague sat next to him, told him he used to do this when he worked for another manufacturer. Without any penalty …..

He’s speaking to motability and then going to call me back to cancel the order and start again.

Dragonfly
                                      Participant

@devito My AP has been amended and it has had no effect on the cars delivery date

devito
                                        Participant

I stand to be corrected but I think the salesman is taking the whole process too personally. I understand nobody wants to be told how to do there job, however needs must. If he doesn’t want to do it than thats upto him, just like I can reorder with another dealership.

I was one of many that had there order cancelled when Skoda/Motability couldn’t agree about the upgrade from 80 to 85. The dealer cancelled my order the day before the 85 was added back onto the scheme, so he’s not my favourite person. I don’t know for sure but its likely he was aware of this fact.

kezo
                                          Participant

@devito your dealer will know it won’t affect the delivery date and is purely an admin procedure and likely being an @rse!

Be prepared to cancel and order from another dealer, if its a large saving.

Olpk
                                            Participant

I stand to be corrected but I think the salesman is taking the whole process too personally. I understand nobody wants to be told how to do there job, however needs must. If he doesn’t want to do it than thats upto him, just like I can reorder with another dealership. I was one of many that had there order cancelled when Skoda/Motability couldn’t agree about the upgrade from 80 to 85. The dealer cancelled my order the day before the 85 was added back onto the scheme, so he’s not my favourite person. I don’t know for sure but its likely he was aware of this fact.

I’ve just had mine updated today. To be fair the sales girl was unsure what to do as changing an order was new to her.

They only need to change the order on the motability system which is totally seperate to the dealers manufacturer order system .

My dealer cancelled the order and replaced with a new order and Motability system updated within 20mins. Has no affect on the car order .

Phaedra
                                              Participant

As above, your guy is talking out of his backside.

It’s a 5min job, has no effect on the factory order whatsoever.  If he still says he’ll have to cancel the order to do it I’d ask for his manager or someone higher up and tell them he needs more training to do the job he’s paid to do 🙁

devito
                                                Participant

Well he states its not possible after emailing Motability. So I will be sent to the back of the queue and start an order with another Skoda dealership. For the sake of £400 I don’t mind waiting another few weeks, I’m happy with my Kodiaq.

Dragonfly
                                                  Participant

@devito

I think he just didnt want to do it for you, we all know that changing the AP is possible and is quite simple. Never mind, as you write its a simple matter of canceling the order with your current dealer then going to another dealer and placing a fresh order.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Dragonfly.
                                                    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Dragonfly.

Phaedra
                                                    Participant

Name and shame the dealer 🙂

And make sure to let the dealer CEO etc. know how they lost not just one order but a possible lifetime customer and plenty of other Motability users who will now avoid them after reading this and letting all our friends know 🙂

Effects of Tramadol etc. kicking in!, I’m in a very mischievous mood at the moment!

devito
                                                      Participant

I’ve let the salesman himself aware of the loss of future business, however I’m not going to name. He was doing as motability instructed, its just a shame he choose them over me. I would rather have the money in my pocket than anyone else’s.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.