New Post (adding speed cams and warning tones to VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi NAV)

• This topic has 36 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Mo.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #78508 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

So I added this info to my original post, but i thought i would make another thread as apparently the new method enables you to import this stuff to Seat,Skoda and Audi systems too.

“after seeing that some people have trouble with computers ect, and being disabled myself it has taken me a long while to work this out, but here it is as simple as pie for anyone one.

This should work for all vag group cars from 2016, so VW, Seat, Audi and Skoda (can people confirm seat and skoda as I have only tested on VW and Audi).

(First off for full disclosure, this is not a map update or software update all it does is add personal POI’s to the system (not map card, its stores them to the system) with a warning tone. (adding this Disclaimer to protect forum as its a downloaded file from internet) If any one does this, They do so at their own risk as the forum cannot be held liable if links to files if they infect or cause issues to your home computer, it is not responsible or liable for this.)

Also for you own piece of mind I am the person that also worked out how to play videos on std discover media for VW and worked out the carnet way to add speed cams (but with no warning sound), I think I can be trusted on this as the files are created by me from scratch and no outside influance.

Also plugging the usb into your car and importing POI’s from it will not invalidate your warranty as the system wont allow import of anything but POI’s you can see from the instructions below that all you are importing to the system is POI’s through this method, all I have added is speed cams, no strip clubs, not lapdance clubs 😛

Here is the file created and uploaded by me to use, https://uploadfiles.io/wwkoi31v

First extract folder from the above zip file to root of a usb drive (so place the PersonalPOI folder directly into the usb drive).

Then plug the usb drive into the car, select NAV, then Settings, Manage memory, Update my POI’s SD/USB, then screen pops up and if USB drive is in slot hit update and it will add them into the unit.

then go back to navigation settings, map settings, make sure show POI’s is ticked,then select Select categories and scroll down and make sure all the speed cam POI’s are selected, then back to nav settings and select Nav announcements and make sure note my POI’s is selected and the job is done.

Camera Icons and a little warning tone.. enjoy all.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #78524 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If only this would make my nav system work on my Alhambra but alas I will have to put up with the pony thing for another few months as is, good post though Rico. ?

#78526 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

If only this would make my nav system work on my Alhambra but alas I will have to put up with the pony thing for another few months as is, good post though Rico.

Thanks, originally done the car net one, but realised that some systems were not providing a tone, so I done some research, which takes a while for me and figured out with aid of some software how to do it. good thing is now I can update it with updates every few months with any added cams.

Wish I could get sat nav coordinates for every disabled parking spot in the uk too, then i would add them into the mix too with logo 😛

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Rico.
    #78534 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Mine is the older system with the 6″ screen that provides no turn by turn information on the screen, you do get those on the little MFD screen between the dials but that means 1st you have to look in 2 different places as well as trying to look where you’re going and 2nd, I use the MFD screen for my digital speed so you have to scroll across screens and back every time you need to check a turn etc, totally rubbish setup!

#78536 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

Mine is the older system with the 6″ screen that provides no turn by turn information on the screen, you do get those on the little MFD screen between the dials but that means 1st you have to look in 2 different places as well as trying to look where you’re going and 2nd, I use the MFD screen for my digital speed so you have to scroll across screens and back every time you need to check a turn etc, totally rubbish setup!

well new systems on vw, skoda, seats and audis work very well, especially if you specced or chose model with digital dash 🙂

#78538 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Yeah I’ve had a look at one, it’s a system that looks like it actually works.

#78561 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

ok so I did another thing too, this still has speed cameras in it, but adds icon for disabled bay and all known bays upto the year 2014 so there will be some missing, still it will be very handy for those traveling and there is still a chirp for speed cameras, but none for the bays, you will just see a logo

https://uploadfiles.io/1idr85gm

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Rico.
    #78578 Reply
    Just2Fish

I’m going to miss my digital dash, bucket seats, rakish good looks, and lightning fast overtaking, when I hand in my Golf GTD early for the, largely, more practical Alhambra. Sniff…

#78614 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

Ok guys I made a boo boo, forgot to add the metafile that the discover uses to import to the zip here is correct link https://uploadfiles.io/5e3e4o4o

#79007 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

Ok latest two files for you all

VW Discover media

SEAT Navi System

https://uploadfiles.io/5e3e4o4o

VW Discover Pro

Seat Navi System Plus

https://uploadfiles.io/mcgfboky

(not sure on the naming system on the audi and skoda so try both), All these files contain is poi updates for sat nav that are installed into the sat nav. I tried to be useful with both so a new updated database, Disabled bays across europe can be added too so helpful for trips to unknown places. (please be aware the latest database I could find for the disabled bays are upto 2015 so there could be some missing. But still could be very handy.

Difference with doing it this way is a small tone before speed cam and added disabled bays.

A big thank you to my cousin who works in the it world and has a degree in coding that helped with this. even though he is not on here I would put that out there as without his help I would not of got this far with this.

#79059 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Thanks for this – I have a Seat Tarraco on order – can’t pick up until August but will add these.

Dave

#79073 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

Alhambra

No problem glad I can help others

#79513 Reply
    Philjb

Rico I have a friend with a Tiguan and i was trying to explain about these maps but he doesn’t have a smart phone or a laptop?

So if I download the zip file for him on an SD card and loan him an SD card to usb reader, can he download the cameras etc like this?

cheers

#79524 Reply
    Rico

Yes as long as you download latest ones in post, and ones correct for his system, I would do yours again if I was you as speed cam dB was updated and disabled bays added, and if sd has nothing else on them you can do it from sd card, just takes a bit longer than usb

#79959 Reply
    Philjb

Worked a treat just thanks, his settings where a little bit different as I’ve got the discover pro on ours.

But he’s well pleased. ??

#127479 Reply
    Ionut

Hi! Thanks for the file, it worked perfect for me… I tried with different files from other Vw forums and couldn’t do it.

#127486 Reply
    File28

Very interesting thread thanks for the heads up

Will be giving it a go

#127499 Reply
    Ionut

An update for 2020 you have? And must have variant 17268 on it. Thanks.

#127649 Reply
    File28

How long do it take to upload to the system roughly please

#127795 Reply
    Steelmalc

i did mine today when on really  easy and only took seconds to upload cams

#127796 Reply
    File28

Nice one

Have to do ours this weekend

#127803 Reply
    File28

I’m not the best with I T  struggling here

#127804 Reply
    File28

#127805 Reply
    File28

Get as far as this only and the whirly wheel of death continues

#127807 Reply
    Steelmalc

put the files on a usb pen then going into nav>settings>manage memory and see you have the option to update POI’s press it make sure you have this on your sat nav setting ..all i did was extract the file to a usb pen there should be 2 files PersonalPOI and metainfo2.txt thats the only to files i put on the usb stick then press the update pois and it should tell if it finds them ..after that you just have to activate them in select the pois you want to see on the map

#127811 Reply
    File28

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: New Post (adding speed cams and warning tones to VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi NAV)
Your information: