New PEUGEOT E-3008

• Creator
    Topic

It’s been on the scheme for a few weeks now so I was wondering whether anyone has placed an order?

I know that it hasn’t even arrived at UK showrooms yet, and there aren’t any road tests to read or view yet, but  will that make you wait or will you take the “plunge”?

I’ve had a peugeot 3008 GT Premium Hybrid for the last 2 years 11 months and it has been a superb car. It wraps the driver up in a very cosseting manner and has been a pleasure to use, so I know its successor will suit me.

I’ve just come back from a two week family holiday where I had a lot of time to think and research and chat to my sons, and I decided that the new E-3008 GT would be an ideal way to transition to a full EV. I have now ordered the vehicle and will patiently sit back and wait until they get around to building mine in approx 6 months time.

I’ve extended my current lease so that I’m mobile until “hand over day”.

I thought I would start this thread as I feel the car will become the subject of discussion soon.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      mickyarmy
      Participant

And sportage has seats down 1780 ltrs loading space .

I’ve thought long and hard about my new car and how I need to use it, and I’ve driven around my local area using the full extent of my current 3008’s Alcantara and leather auto seats and massage functions, lumbar support, thigh extension support etc, etc. I’ve sat on car parks, reclined and raised my heated seat, changed the angle of the seat base, altered my driving position several times while driving along country roads and fully realised that I cannot cope without a full electric seat pack.

I did some research on the AGR badged seats (back support campaign approved by doctors) and decided to add the mistral full grain nappa leather AGR 13 pack to my order.

It’s an added cost but it will enable me to use the car far more comfortably than a basic manual set up. I added this pack at my dealers’ earlier today, guaranteeing maximum support and giving me peace of mind.

Job done, lol.

Participant
            • Nice set up. No point in a pleasure  car if your not comfortable

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
            Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

kezo
            Participant

I added this pack at my dealers’ earlier today, guaranteeing maximum support and giving me peace of mind.

Has your money tree started to blossom early this year!

The Renault Scenic Iconic has joined today £2999 with Harmon Kardon and many of the extra’s fitted as standard. Is it up there with Peugeot depends on the person but, it has a cracking sunroof, which is genius in how it works.

mickyarmy
              Participant

Well I think it’s to be kia sportage gt line s petrol mild hev.

mickyarmy
                Participant

Prob image not gt but it’s gt s I will order keep safe a.

kezo, the Renault Scenic is a great new addition to our EV options, but it didn’t ‘float my boat’. As I’ve mentioned before this is possibly my last new car choice due to my age and gradually declining health.

This is why this new car has to tick all my boxes. If it isn’t as close to my idea of perfection as possible, it will simply stand parked on my drive largely unused. It has to put a real smile on my face and make me want to leave the house and drive for the fun of it.

As for the “money tree,” if I don’t spend some of it while I’m still mobile enough and half sensible, then I never will, lol.

PS: kezo, you know how important crystal clear music reproduction is to me. I had a good Harman Kardon audio in my BMW which I was happy with, but when I switched to the Peugeot with the Focal hi fi audio I was amazed at the huge upgrade, and the new E-3008 still has the same 690 watts French manufactured premium system.

I’ve read that since Samsung took over ‘HK’ in 2017 their components have been sourced from China. The output is now down to 410/490 watts and the results are disappointing for such a previously top drawer and reliable brand.

Prob image not gt but it’s gt s I will order keep safe a.

A very good choice Micky. You won’t be disappointed.

mickyarmy
                      Participant

Checked out 3008 puegeot today very nice very comfortable. But chosen kia sportage gt line S petrol hev.

kezo
                        Participant

kezo, the Renault Scenic is a great new addition to our EV options, but it didn’t ‘float my boat’. As I’ve mentioned before this is possibly my last new car choice due to my age and gradually declining health. This is why this new car has to tick all my boxes. If it isn’t as close to my idea of perfection as possible, it will simply stand parked on my drive largely unused. It has to put a real smile on my face and make me want to leave the house and drive for the fun of it. As for the “money tree,” if I don’t spend some of it while I’m still mobile enough and half sensible, then I never will, lol. PS: kezo, you know how important crystal clear music reproduction is to me. I had a good Harman Kardon audio in my BMW which I was happy with, but when I switched to the Peugeot with the Focal hi fi audio I was amazed at the huge upgrade, and the new E-3008 still has the same 690 watts French manufactured premium system. I’ve read that since Samsung took over ‘HK’ in 2017 their components have been sourced from China. The output is now down to 410/490 watts and the results are disappointing for such a previously top drawer and reliable brand.

If I’m honest it doesn’t, float my bat either but, just thought I’d mention it.

As said before automotive audio can’t be compared to that of the same brands Hifi systems. Automotive audio is only as good as a manufacturer wants to pay, in a similar way a consumer has a price cap on what they can afford for home HiFi. Some manufacturers licence their brand to third party manufacturers.

Harman have or are about to open another factory in Dandong China with R&D sites to bolster manufacturing,  built specifically to meet HARMAN’s global audio quality standards. The automotive factory at Dandong will produce advanced audio components and systems to meet the increasing demand from not only western and Asian automakers but Chinese automakers as well. In the past year, HARMAN has announced contracts for premium branded audio systems from Chinese automakers such as Geely Motors, BYD, and Dongfeng (Peugeot) Passenger Vehicle. The second operation in Dandong will house manufacturing for audio electronics and loudspeakers sold under a range of HARMAN’s premium brands in the Professional and Consumer sectors. Does that make them any worse no, not all, just like Europe there is crap, medioca and excellent quality goods.

Samsung/Harman would be a fool if they lost automotive brands (AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon , Mark Levinson, Bang & Olfsen and Revel),  especially the premium market by using lower quality materials.

des
                          Participant

I just checked with my dealer to see when they expect to have an e3008 in the showroom. Not expected until may/June and no build dates yet, but they are expecting orders to start arriving in July.

I’m NI so maybe the GB could shave a month of those time scales.

des
                            Participant

@POPS did you ever consider the 360 vision and drivers assist pack? I’ve been thinking about it but can’t really find any information on what each thing does. Some are obvious like the camera but others aren’t like the highway assist 2.0. Peugeots site is useless tbh so I’m not sure an extra 600 on top of the sensation pack would be worth it.

mickyarmy
                              Participant

Alot of driver assistant items I would not be without like adaptive cruse control Lane departure, one of reasons I chose kia sportage gts is it has all bells & whistles , makes driveing for me motorway alot more comfortable, whatever sound system car has its effected by road wind noise ,electric power im sure is queter, augmenting satnav is brillient but sportage not got that,just had update on my factory order kia sportage all on track for June delivery, I have to say kia have been very attentive .

des
                                Participant

The GT has all of them and these and the pack just seem to be upgrades on them. I believe one is an automatic lane change. Tbh adaptive CC and lane keep assist is all I really need/want when it comes to driving and 600 will get me and the family a nice hotel break.

360 vision and driver assist pack.

des, sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, but here are my thoughts.

It depends on how fit and able you are. Can you turn your head easily and look over your shoulder? Do you have a good all round appreciation of what’s happening all around your vehicle, whether you’re driving forward or reversing back?

How many miles do you cover each year?

In my case I need the artificial help that the 360 vision and drivers assist pack gives, but you may not.

Also, in my case I am currently driving no more than 40 miles a week (often only half of that) so £600 pounds becomes harder to justify.

What I will say is that I find it unbelievable that Peugeot can put a £50,000 price tag on a vehicle and yet charge a further £600 for very necessary basic safety measures.

solent60
                                    Participant

What I will say is that I find it unbelievable that Peugeot can put a £50,000 price tag on a vehicle and yet charge a further £600 for very necessary basic safety measures.

POPS ; this is Peugeot’s new business model alas.

I would very happily have had another 208 GT after having had my current one for almost 3-years at the end of this month. My current 208 GT Premium comes with all the bells n whistles… well, at least it did 3-years ago when I collected it. If memory serves me right, the AP at the time was around £495.00.

I sat and had a chat with my Peugeot dealer recently & we went through the options on the new facelift 208 GT – the GT being the top of the range. I would have to add heated seats on the new 208 (£500), adaptive cruise control (£300), front & rear cameras with blind spot monitoring (£300), and satnav (£400). Add the AP of the car (£199) and that comes to £1,699.00.

The new 208 GT comes with non of the above. If I was flush (I’m certainly not), it would be no problem. After all, it’s a car that I shall be handing back in 3-years time for someone else to enjoy all my added options!

Instead, I’ve ordered the new Clio 145 Esprit Alpine which comes with ALL of the above as standard… and even a heated steering wheel thrown in for good measure. The AP was £595.00 (gone up to £695.00 in Q2) – so sad to say that Peugeot, I’ve loved the 208 you built… but stop thinking you’re Audi or BMW – cos you’re not! Try remembering your loyal fans & buyers of many years standing Peugeot Motor Company!

kezo
                                      Participant

Instead, I’ve ordered the new Clio 145 Esprit Alpine which comes with ALL of the above as standard… and even a heated steering wheel thrown in for good measure.

I am sure you will love your Clio as much as you did the 208 🙂

Reno are on a winner with their newly designed models coming out. The new Captur is being revealed tomorrow morning and have recomended to my parents based on what the Clio looks like 🙂

des
                                        Participant

@solent I had the old 3008 GT line middle spec and I’ve ordered the new e3008 GT top spec. They have ditched the GT line and basically made the GT the same spec as GT line from what I can see. While the new e3008 isn’t even in show rooms from what I see on forums the Peugeot fans are not happy and Renault is the preferred switch. The biggest gripe was removing the park assist and replacing it with a 360 camera.

Declan
                                          Participant

des, yeah I phoned a couple of Peugeot dealerships here in NI yesterday and they both said it’s June/July before they arrive in the showrooms. Strongly thinking about just placing an order now as like yourself, I currently have a 3008 (1.5 diesel) and the car has been flawless, now in it’s 4th year.

What are you going to do about an electricity tariff? Which company?

mickyarmy
                                            Participant
                                              1. I agree Des ,peugeot don’t give much as standard ,I chose sportage gts awd got everything i need ,but I understand not all have £3399 for AP.
                                              mickyarmy
                                              Participant

Peugeot seats are wonderfully comfortable ,it good looking car

solent60
                                                Participant

I am sure you will love your Clio as much as you did the 208 Reno are on a winner with their newly designed models coming out. The new Captur is being revealed tomorrow morning and have recomended to my parents based on what the Clio looks like

Kezo ; the new Clio was lovely to drive on my test drive & the seats were something else! Lots of reviews on YouTube mention how comfy the seats are. I’m sure I will love it when it arrives. At least Renault have added a lot of kit to the Esprit Alpine edition. I’m sure Peugeot will lose a good number of sales to their arch rival for being so tight as regards standard kit. I get that some buyers only want this option or that option – but who doesn’t want heated seats on a freezing British Winter’s day?… or adaptive cruise control when driving long motorway journeys?

Miserable moany git alert rant over 😉

solent60
                                                  Participant

@solent I had the old 3008 GT line middle spec and I’ve ordered the new e3008 GT top spec. They have ditched the GT line and basically made the GT the same spec as GT line from what I can see. While the new e3008 isn’t even in show rooms from what I see on forums the Peugeot fans are not happy and Renault is the preferred switch. The biggest gripe was removing the park assist and replacing it with a 360 camera.

Des ; as mentioned, it’s Peugeot’s new business model ; if you want this or that option, you’ll have to pay handsomely for it. I had a Toyota C-HR before my 208 GT and it had ‘Park Assist’ on it… which I never ever used even once – not even to see how it worked! I figured if I couldn’t park a bloody car on my own, I shouldn’t even be driving! But I get it. Not everyone is the same.

But in 2024, no matter what make or model of car it is, you’d expect to be able to add separate options –  like heated seats or ACC at whatever individual cost – instead of car maker’s including them in really annoying (and expensive) ‘bundles/packs’ with stuff you don’t need or would ever want… like a car that parks itself FFS!

vinalspin
                                                    Participant

Still better than some manufacturers, in addition to charging for every extra they also do things like this (a clip from one of my emails)

BMW SAFETY CAMERA INFORMATION.

Whether it’s a speed check or traffic light camera, BMW Safety Camera Information provides advance alerts to help you approach these areas safely. If available, visual warnings will show in the instrument cluster or head-up display***, while audible alerts make sure you don’t miss a thing. Purchase a one-year subscription on the ConnectedDrive Store now^.

Rich44
                                                      Participant

I heartily recommend Octopus tariffs for EV owners. We’re on Agile at the moment where the price changes in 30 min windows. Our effective price works out to 16p/kWh. All we do is minimise usage between 4 and 7pm each day when prices are high and we’re saving a fortune. We do have 4kw of solar too which helps but that only went in December so we’re not getting the most from it yet.

Our bill is currently around £30 a week without EV charging

There’s also Intelligent and Go tariffs too with off peak times to charge. Aside from money Octopus is the only energy company I’ve recommended others their CS has been excellent.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.