New Ford Kuga (with prices)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Phaedra 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #106341 Reply

Carl barker

Hi guys I know I’ve asked before anyone heard how much the new kuga is thanks guys

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107750 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

High boot floor and a stylish sloping rear window cutting off a large amount of usable boot space, style over function yet again.

#107754 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

It’s a lot of AP for a Ford

#107759 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I see whatcar only gave it 2 out of 5 stars. A lot of negatives including cheap interior, poor interior space compared to rivals, unsettled ride where the main ones.

Phil, think that review is on the last version of the current model, not the all new one.

I always thought I have low standards, I love our current Ford Kuga 2.0 150bhp Diesel Powershift never missed a beat.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#107773 Reply

Carl barker

Thanks for the help no discounts on vs near me so might be the kuga

#107787 Reply

Shed1965
    Participant

Hi I have had many fords over the years my son currently has a focus rs  I am sorry to say that if you lined up the Tiguan xc40 and new kuga in a row you would have to be a real ford fanatic to choose over the others as the quality just isn’t there ,sadly I have to say ford seems to have lost their way at the moment

#107793 Reply

Noel

My parents have a Kuga and to be honest the technology is about 2-3 editions out of date, compared to everything I have test drove recently. BMW, Mercedes and VW/Audi are so much more advanced even  Kia/ Hyundai are beating Ford at the moment.

#107799 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Hi I have had many fords over the years my son currently has a focus rs 

Sod the Motability car Shed1965, just pinch your sons RS. I know I would! 🤣😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#107807 Reply

Philjb

@pudsey I’ll try and find the link but the pictures in the review are definitely the new 2020 car.

Bri if it’s as big as that I’d  be very impressed as all the old versions were disappointing boot space wise.

#107809 Reply

Philjb

I stand corrected the review is the current model not the new one.

I’ll fetch me coat. lol

#107825 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

I read an American review of the Escape as its known there, they seemed to really like it, spacious, handled well, liked the auto box and no complaints about the PHEV either.

Consumer Reports Magazine said (paraphrased to avoid typing everything):

Ford Kuga: 1.5T Petrol auto averages  31mpg & has  an annoying vibration at low engine speeds. The 2.0T is significantly more powerful and smooth & the hybrid is very fuel efficient. The ride has an underlying firmness & handling is nimble and secure. Brake pedal is oversensitive. Controls are easy to use. The front seats are a bit flat, but the rear seat is quite roomy. Score 62, Reliability low, satisfaction above average.

On the Tiguan (which is only sold in the Allspace version there): Very roomy in second row, 2.0T engine feels responsive in driving but acceleration is slow. Transmission mostly smooth. Handling is capable and secure & comfy ride. Cabin very quiet. Score 61, Reliability very low, average satisfaction.

On the Rav4: Hybrid version feels energetic & gives immediate and quiet drive from standstill. Impressive mpg. Responsive in corners and remains under control when pushed. Ride rather stiff & engine noisy when pressing on. Score 75, Reliability average, satisfaction average.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#107830 Reply

Shed1965
    Participant

Hi bionic rusty in reply to you about my sons focus RS ,yes it is bonkers quick frighteningly so ,I have only  ever borrowed it once it’s ride is so uncomfortable it’s a torture and trying to get out sat on my ass on cold wet tarmac holding my crutches outside of Asda is not a cool look.

As for the Kuga I medically retired from the police force three years ago after twenty two years unless Kuga has improved completely anyone on duty all thought that thay had drawn the short straw if ended up with the Kuga on their shift

#107831 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Remember when reading American reviews that the mpg will be lower as the imperial gallon is 4.54 litres and the American 3.78 litres. So that 31mpg in America is around 37mpg for us. Still not great, but better.

#107847 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I’ve hired quite a few Escape’s in Florida over the years, round the doors we never get better than about 23/24mpg, on a long run being very careful I once got 31mpg but it didn’t last!.

Mind you with petrol over there at $2.25 a gallon last trip driving still works out cheaper 🙂

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#107850 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Yes, I remember about American gallons, the 31mpg mentioned has already been converted to UK proper gallons…the original listed consumption was 26mpg.

Just don’t mention quarts…lol

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#107851 Reply

Philjb

I did watch a walk around video from a motor show on the new kuga/escape and again it looked ok but nothing amazing. The interior looked cheap compared to bmw,Vw, Audi etc.
    The boot space looked smaller then the Tiguan inc with the seats down.
    plus the cabin didn’t have as much head or leg room in the rear.
    Im glad the hybrid version gets better reviews on the escape as it all the motoring journalists hated the mondeo hybrid.  Plus it’s 222bhp built especially for motability. lol

#107869 Reply

bryndjns
    Participant

Hi Brydo,

Do you know why Motability haven’t put the ‘First Edition’ onto the scheme yet?. I was hoping to try and get one as it has ‘park assist’ which is perfect for my neck problem and BLIS as a safety feature I think should be standard.  Seems a bit odd as the prices on the list are only valid til the end of March.?

#107872 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

bryn I don’t, the dealer was under the impression everything was on when I spoke to him and that was why he gave me the price list.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#107873 Reply

bryndjns
    Participant

Mmmm odd!…. maybe come on in March for the new Reg mad dash?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  bryndjns.
    #107876 Reply

Brydo

The problem is there are only a limited number of First Editions so they might be gone before they come on the scheme. Call your local dealer and see if he is taking orders, the guy we dealt with said he would take our order there and then.

#107877 Reply

bryndjns
    Participant

Cool will do, thanks Brydo…..AGAIN! lol

#107880 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Yes, I remember about American gallons, the 31mpg mentioned has already been converted to UK proper gallons…the original listed consumption was 26mpg. Just don’t mention quarts…lol

I should have know better, sorry. It’s hard to believe a brand new car can return such dreadful economy figures.

#107881 Reply

Brydo

No problem bryn.

#107882 Reply

Carl barker

Hi guys I have just ordered the kuga st line x lusid red

#107883 Reply

Bryn

Sounds exciting Carl, have you seen it or have you just ordered it off the pictures?….. just curious as I am trying to track one down to see if the dimensions work for me. thanks Carl

#107885 Reply

Carl barker

Seen one were are you the boot is the same as old kuga

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
Reply To: New Ford Kuga (with prices)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

One thought on “New Ford Kuga (with prices)”

1. Pingback: Ford Kuga