New Ford Kuga (with prices)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Phaedra 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #106341 Reply

Carl barker

Hi guys I know I’ve asked before anyone heard how much the new kuga is thanks guys

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107675 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

The ST-Line X?…. that’s the one I’m looking at, it has ALL the features I need for my condition.

Me too (almost!), but at £950 more than the Tiguan R-Line Tech which has the camera system and a host of driver assistance and safety options most of which are an expensive extra added pack for the Kuga.  It’s a tough choice, the Kuga has a heated windscreen which is very handy indeed but not even heated seats unless you go up to the ST-Line X trim at  £2095!.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#107679 Reply

Brydo

Phaedra remember to factor in any savings on fuel.

#107680 Reply

Dante

Over £4K AP for some for a Ford – even the cheapest buying the means of so many

#107685 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Phaedra remember to factor in any savings on fuel.

Indeed, as I only do around 5-6000 a year there’s not really a lot in it, I’m looking at the 1.5 Kuga and the 2.0 VW, both manual diesel and quote around 45 to 47mpg.

Even at say 40mpg that’s only 150 gallons a year, the £950 saving would keep me in diesel for around 14 months!.

#107686 Reply

Brydo

Phaedra your situation is ideal for a PHEV. You are doing mid teens, on average, on a daily basis. So it’s likely most days you would be travelling pure electric.

#107688 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I agree, but, I don’t have a drive to charge it on.  My car is parked in a small parking “inlet” in front of my house on the road but there’s a footpath between it and the house.  My main driving is local shops and into Durham or Houghton once or twice a week (about 12 – 18 miles round trip).  I do monthly 50 mile round trips to Ponteland and about 9 120 mile round trips to Otterburn a year, I need a decent size boot to carry equipment.

Most of the compact SUV Phev/Mhev cars are either too low or lack the legroom/headroom for me to get in/out of comfortably.

#107695 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Well, looking online for videos of the new Kuga and WOW, it looks amazing.

Lots of useful spec and finally, Ford have ditched the awful Transformer looking dash. The new one looks really nice.

This is going to mean a rethink!

I’m only sad the Vignale isn’t available in auto.

Well done Motability. 👏👏

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#107700 Reply

Brydo

That’s a pity Phaedra as the Kuga is very nice and, I don’t have the dimensions to prove it, it felt bigger inside than our Volvo XC60.

Although the first edition is pricey it has loads of kit.

Some of the plastic is a bit cheap but on the whole I was impressed.

The motability guy who dealt with us was a very big guy and he had no problem getting in and out. The seats are at a good height as the wife just slid in and out of them too.

#107702 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Hi Brydo, thanks for all the useful info 🙂

I had a Kuga back in 2015 which got trashed with a massive hailstone storm!, unfortunately Motability’s chosen repairers (Nationwide) made so many botched attempts at repairing it I was without it for a few months!.  Then I lost my mobility award when I moved to PIP.

I’ve had a Yeti on PCP for the last 3 years and it’s been great but goes back in June.  I know the Kuga will do what I need but with my joint problems the heated seats are a really nice thing to have but not at an added £950 compared to the Tiguan!.  I’ll go look at one when my dealer gets the demo car in March but I have a feeling I’m going over to the Tiguan, the £600 off offer from JCT600 is almost too good to resist!  🙂

#107703 Reply

Brydo

Phaedra the Tiguan is a great car it really is so I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. I test drove a couple recently and they were pretty good.

Value for money there is no better choice IMO than the Tiguan.

#107704 Reply

Philjb

I see whatcar only gave it 2 out of 5 stars.
    A lot of negatives including cheap interior, poor interior space compared to rivals, unsettled ride where the main ones.

#107706 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@brydo

Did you get to see the Mustang Mach-E while you were there yesterday, it was in the Glasgow dealership?

#107708 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

@wmcforum yes I did and mighty impressed I was too, decent size, good looking car and great range. I took a couple of photos but they are rubbish as the car was in a booth so everyone was within a metre of it so too close to get decent pics.

On another topic, Happy Birthday to the forum, you all do a great job.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#107710 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Phil I can’t agree with the ride and space comments but some of the plastic is cheap.

#107711 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

I’ve had a good think last night and this morning, looking at the cars on my short list the Tiguan ticks all but 1 of the boxes (heated windscreen!) and at £1,149 AP it’s really a no-brainer.  I’ve emailed Ashley at JCT Wakefield (easier to get to from the train station than York) to confirm the offer is still available and approx: delivery time.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped me make my mind up!, I’m really happy I found this forum, keep up the excellent work 🙂

Update!

Busy typing this and Ashley rang me!, confirmed the £600 off and going to look at stock, may be able to have it in April!!, I’ll let you know 🙂

#107712 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Ashley is a good guy, best of luck.

#107713 Reply

BluecloudUK

£4245 AP for a Ford?

PMSL!!

#107714 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Just rang me back, no R-Line manuals to be found, a few automatics but that’s all 🙁

So, 14 week (approx:) wait time, not a problem as my Yeti lease runs until the end of June, just need to find some cheap insurance for it as that runs out May 2nd!.

#107716 Reply

Mike

What colour are you having ?

#107717 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Indium grey, would have preferred a deep red though 🙂

#107725 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

VAG only have a monochrome colour scheme, think the guy in charge of picking colours for all the range is a bit colour blind.

#107726 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

So I noticed 🙂

#107743 Reply

Philjb

Bri I was a bit surprised too, as fords normally drive really well, I’ve only seen photos of the interior and it didn’t look that bad to me, nothing amazing or cutting edge but ok.

Im not too sure about the looks either yet until I’ve seen one on the road.

#107745 Reply

Pudsey
    Participant

I see whatcar only gave it 2 out of 5 stars. A lot of negatives including cheap interior, poor interior space compared to rivals, unsettled ride where the main ones.

Phil, think that review is on the last version of the current model, not the all new one.

#107746 Reply

Brydo

Phil looks wise it is down to individual tastes but it looked ok to me, it drove well, really smooth, especially in electric mode. Large inside as i said before, as big as our XC60 IMO maybe bigger.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
Reply To: New Ford Kuga (with prices)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

One thought on “New Ford Kuga (with prices)”

1. Pingback: Ford Kuga