• Creator
    Topic
  • #140060 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tucson (New Car) +7

1.6 petrol and 1.6 48v petrol added Priced from £999:

Full additions:

1.6 Manual SE Connect – £999 (£69.50 +£80 wpms)

1.6 Manual Premium £1899 (£833 wpms)

1.6 48v SE Connect Manual £2199 (£1133 wpms)

1.6 Manual Ultimate £2499 (£1433 wpms)

1.6 Automatic 48v SE Connect £2599 (£1533 wpms)

1.6 Manual 48v Premium £2799 (£1733 wpms)

1.6 48v Automatic Premium £3199 (£2133 wpms)

Full Brochure here

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140064 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Nice addition, just a shame the proper Hybrid isn’t available, just the 48V version

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#140067 Reply
    sif

Two problems for me, with new Tucson. Seen a suggestion that the steering is heavy, and secondly, the one with all the extras is not on the scheme, the Ultimate.

#140068 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Two problems for me, with new Tucson. Seen a suggestion that the steering is heavy, and secondly, the one with all the extras is not on the scheme, the Ultimate.

The ultimate is on, but only in manual and a standard thirsty petrol engine

Previous Motability Cars

#140073 Reply
    dayskipper

Where are you finding these details guys, I can only find the old (2020) model?

#140076 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Where are you finding these details guys, I can only find the old (2020) model?

They’re on the main Motability search, cars with pic are the old model, no pic is new one

Previous Motability Cars

#140077 Reply
    dayskipper

Cheers Intranicity, probably should have figured thtat out myself!

#140079 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

When I seen “Tucson (New Car) +7” I thought fantastic a new seven seater on the market, then the penny dropped and I seen it’s just another small sized SUV, 8 in variety, to go long with the hundred already out there.

Lack of decent priced auto puts this off my list anyway before even considering boot-space.

#140090 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Just posted the following on another thread, but have just noticed that this is a specific thread on the new Tucson;

Good to see the new Tucson added but the AP’s are very high for what is, when all is said and done, a car from a budget manufacturer. As others have said, the additional premium for an auto is unfortunate given that many disabled drivers will have no choice in that regard. For me to consider this car I would want an Ultimate Auto, which doesn’t seem to be available. People often criticise the premium brands for the number of optional extras that they have available, but the thing that bugs me with brands like Hyundai, Toyota and Honda is that the only way of getting certain kit that you want is to move up through the model range which, with Motability, isn’t always an option.

#140091 Reply
    Modcon

Chris k my thoughts exactly.

Ideally I need SUV for the better seating/driving position but also need big boot for sport and daily wheelchairs but because if the high AP for SUVs I’m having to look at estates and there’s a lack of them aswell

#140104 Reply
    kbfern

I was considering the New Tucson but need an auto and they are far too expensive on the AP.

It will have to be the Tiguan Elegance 1.5 petrol DSG at a more reasonable £1975 pretty fully loaded.

The colours are pants though, took a look round my local dealers forecourt the other day and nightshade blue in the flesh it too dark. The moonlight grey (not metalic) looked ok. Trying to see what a Ginger Brown metalic looks like in the flesh.

#140118 Reply
    sif

I agree with Glos Guy.

#140136 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I was considering the New Tucson but need an auto and they are far too expensive on the AP. It will have to be the Tiguan Elegance 1.5 petrol DSG at a more reasonable £1975 pretty fully loaded. The colours are pants though, took a look round my local dealers forecourt the other day and nightshade blue in the flesh it too dark. The moonlight grey (not metalic) looked ok. Trying to see what a Ginger Brown metalic looks like in the flesh.

The Tiguan Elegance is still ticking the most boxes on our shortlist, which is a shame as I fancied a change, but I agree about the very poor choice of colours. I was excited when I saw Nightshade Blue in the brochures, but it is absolutely nothing like it in the flesh, as you have discovered. In the brochures it looks like a vibrant bright metallic blue yet in reality it’s a very dark petrol blue. Might end up getting a silver one for a change (have had two grey ones, a black one and a white R-Line) but will extend the lease on our 190PS 4WD SEL Auto in the hope that the 2.0 TSi 4WD joins the scheme when eventually released, or something better comes on to the scheme. I appreciate that neither is a certainty the way that the scheme is going.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #140365 Reply
    Outrigger

A strange offering from Hyundai for the new Tucson.Its a lovely looking ,big roomy car and ideal for Motability Customers but they have seemed to thrown a few “bread crumbs” on the floor hoping  that will be sufficient to please us.Lacking Autos across the range and hybrid inclusion.However, it can only be anticipated that the full range will be available in due course…..maybe.

#140386 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

A strange offering from Hyundai for the new Tucson.Its a lovely looking ,big roomy car and ideal for Motability Customers but they have seemed to thrown a few “bread crumbs” on the floor hoping that will be sufficient to please us.Lacking Autos across the range and hybrid inclusion.However, it can only be anticipated that the full range will be available in due course…..maybe.

. Yes with silly advance payment prices for the automatics I’ve read reviews hybrid is mild hybrid mpg nothing special

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#140387 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I don’t think the full hybrid is available anywhere yet, and the 48v cars are mild hybrids, lower CO2 but not much else except better low end torque, more akin to a diesel.

The auto DCT gearbox is only available on the 48Volt cars and is a £2k increase over the manual standard petrol engine.

Hopefully, the full Hybrid will come on the scheme when it’s actually available to buy, as will the AWD that also hasn’t been released

Previous Motability Cars

#140407 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

One thing for sure is that my little town here in Bangor, Co Down will be flooded with these cars as we have a main Hyundai dealer in the town centre and all his stuff sells like hot cakes, especially Tucsons.

#140430 Reply
    Dante

Beautiful SUV but the AP’s are just ridiculous tbh – money is always tight but I manage to save £10 a month towards next AP – so £360 plus £500 from the GCB gives me my AP limit

#140433 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

How is your MG going now Dante ? I know you had problems

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#140436 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Beautiful SUV but the AP’s are just ridiculous tbh – money is always tight but I manage to save £10 a month towards next AP – so £360 plus £500 from the GCB gives me my AP limit

GCB is now £600 so your better off than you thought.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#140968 Reply
    Dante

It’s a beautiful suv and nice to see a bit of flair amongst a sea of bland SUV’s – but the AP’s are well out of my means – it’ll be interesting to see how many of them are leased through the scheme

#140995 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see how many of them are leased through the scheme

Can one find out about figures for specific models?

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#141006 Reply
    Dante

Menorca Mike – ref. my MG auto – it has been a pain with the auto box playing up – too hesitant at junctions / roundabouts & mid range driving , indecisive and irratic – I don’t feel safe driving it now & despite two wasted trips back to my nominated dealership – no change – I’m looking to see what my options are now.  Plus no faith in with MG U.K. nor dealership – lack of information, clarity and accountability.  It’s unfortunate as it’s so comfy and keeps my pain levels at minimum to mild & has more tech than any other car at the AP but the issues with the auto box has ruined my experience

#141052 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

https://youtu.be/0oQWhmBs0bU

carwow review if anyone’s interested

#141090 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

I’ve watched the review and it wasn’t as good a review as i was expecting from Matt Watson.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#141105 Reply
    kbfern

I was possibly interested in the new Tucson as an alternative to the new Tiguan but watching that carwow review has put me off. The new Tiguan is a cheaper option (lower AP) and has more desirable standard goodies if going for the Tiguan Elegance Option. It’s also has a bigger rear room and boot.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
Reply To: New Hyundai Tucson
Your information: