New Hyandai Tucson Opinions

• Creator
    Topic
  • #136074 Reply
    Avril

Hi all

I’ve been looking at a new car on motability. I’m really keen to get a hybrid to pollute less, but could also do with a slightly bigger vechle, either estate or SUV.

I was about to go for the corolla, when I saw the new Hyandai Tucson should be on motability later in the year. Ive seen some videos and the car is pretty much perfect in every way for what I want. I’m happy to wait the 3 months as little use though lockdown.

However…. I’m very conserved it will be out of my price range (esp in Hybrid). Hyandai seem to be trying to up there value and can’t afford d to go much above an AP of £1000, maybe £1,500.

Many of the SUVs atm are quite expensive. The RAV4 being about £3k I believe (but has starting price of about £38k I believe too!!).

It’s probably going to be impossible to know exactly but does anyone have a guesstimate in AP for this car? Maybe going on general pricing and history of the cars price with motability.

Also what are peoples opinions on this new car and also the corrola?

Is there any way of finding out if it will defo be released in Q2 or pricing?

Thanks!!

Also, any input on people who’ve had hybrids would be great! I was wondering if they would keep the costs fairly low to encourage driving more economical veichles? But defo jot the case with PHEVs at least. Electrics all seem low though, but I don’t have anywhere to charge 🙁

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137085 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

Thanks JS. The version I suspect will not be on the scheme.  Hopefully soon or in Q2 we’ll get to know what’s on the scheme.  I’m able to order in March but can’t make my mind up on the Tucson or the Mercedes B200.

#137088 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Really looking forward to picking my Sul EV up in 4 weeks but if any car could change my mind it would be that. If only it were on the scheme 🙁

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#137108 Reply
    MickC

Hyundai do seem to have a love affair with black plastic trims around the lower half of the car,it would be so much better if it was body colour.

#137110 Reply
    Dante

JS thanks for the photos from showroom it does look great & amazing spec etc…

there was a very good 4 page review of it in this weeks auto express

I think the auto and ev will be at least 2.5/3k and upwards AP

it’s clearly raised the bar and biting on the heels of the traditionally perceived premium brands

if I was changing soon & had the savings I’d defo consider the Tuscon

#137112 Reply
    JS

the showroom black is SE Connect and the outside one Premium,

#137113 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Whether it’s just the camera angle but I’m not liking the exhaust look. Should be concealed imho.

#137117 Reply
    JS

Whether it’s just the camera angle but I’m not liking the exhaust look. Should be concealed imho.

cant see them on the SE Connect and doesnt seem to show so much on the Premium,

#137128 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks fantastic

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#137136 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

I think its fantastic looking. Your pictures make it look even better then the magazines or YouTube videos.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#137151 Reply
    JS

not sure if this will work but i did a couple of video’s of the showroom ones (the one outside didnt record)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYX47qLTjAMZnfH3tE5w90c_xZF6wCb6/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15N7HWjN9ipiksLFsrgQI_DY4ld6HY_HR/view?usp=sharing

#137156 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

Video worked fine JS. Did you feel like a spy? Did you find out when they may go onto the scheme? It looks a great car.

#137168 Reply
    JS

Video worked fine JS. Did you feel like a spy? Did you find out when they may go onto the scheme? It looks a great car.

lol, it was strange, they offered me a courtesy car, but i didnt see the point in them having to clean a vehicle for me to drive around the block whilst i could wait for my vehicle, only 2 people turned up to pick up there new cars so i was able to stay in the showroom, the dealership were great they did offer to unlock the Tucson but again i felt i didnt want to disrupt things. they gave the impression Hyundai uk are keen to get it on the scheme but could give no dates and they are still waiting for the I30 to make its appearance on the scheme.

#137598 Reply
    Weavy

WoW this new model is awesome live the display and how it comes up when you indicate

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by wmcforum.
    #137602 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

With all of that, am I alone in finding the indicator sound really annoying?

#137608 Reply
    DellBoy
    Participant

im weavy who posted the link above I watched it on my phone but I’ve just rewatched it on pc didn’t think anything wrong with the indicators but did notice how noisy it was in the motorway..

#137806 Reply
    DellBoy
    Participant

me again lol looks like the new model AP starts at 1,699.00

better get saving LOL

#137807 Reply
    Stuart

Thats the old model.

#137808 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

me again lol looks like the new model AP starts at 1,699.00 better get saving LOL

Isn’t that the outgoing 2020 model (both the pictogram and the AP for that particular trim/engine)?

Edit: Beaten to it by Stuart!

#137817 Reply
    DellBoy
    Participant

my bad sorry should have gone to spec savers lol

#137822 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

When will the new model be on ? It does look fab

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: New Hyandai Tucson Opinions
Your information: