New Golf 1.5 Etsi hybrid dsg booked test drive

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126842 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Been to My VW dealer listers motability man showed me basic Golf life in showroom I loved it the digital cockpit and touch screen wrap around the driver and said was easy to work with voice command for heater air con etc ! And it’s slighter higher than my old Golf to get in ! Other salesman has car but will be there Monday for me to have 2 hour test drive I can’t wait ! And yes Tuesday I’m having 2 hour test drive in CHR at Toyota dealer next door ! Rox this Golf has 150 bhp so has the better suspension set up I’m used to

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126866 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Life in reflex silver metallic 1.5 hybrid dsg just £595 

#126869 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

All the reviews I’ve read have been good for this new golf, yes it will take a few days to get used to the touchscreen and voice control but I can see it being really useful for lots of disabled owners.

#126875 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree Phil on Monday I will really put it to the test for 2 hours it should be just as quiet as my current Golf I hope and pray it is

#126876 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

#126877 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I think this colour looks lovely Phil matches the wheels

#126882 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Yes it does look nice but I think I’d be tempted to go for that lime yellow it definitely stands out.

#126884 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

#126898 Reply
    rox
    Participant

The life does have the basic seats, The style has microfibre inserts and the r line are sports seats. you can see them on the golf config on the vw site in the gallery when you select a certain trim.

I’d be very careful about the basic seats, as i have back problems and is deffo worth checking them out, although having a 2 hr test drive should give you a good idea of the comfor level they give.

I don’t know if it was because the seats were heated in the mk7 match edition, i had but deffo the most uncomfortable seats i had on a car on the scheme. After 30 or 40 mins the pain just was so bad and i know it’s more money but somethings you cannot cut corners on, like comfort. have to be style or r-line for me.

Back in jan the golf was not an option at all for april handover and i could not wait to get rid of the one i had because of the seats as every long drive was torture. Apart from that no issues at all,  For me it would be down to the seats on which trim i would consider. £999 for r-line ain’t bad either £899 for style, although i dunno about the wheels on the style.

r-line looks alright as well.. comes with privacy glass in the rear as well.

#126905 Reply
    Qwe2

Is it plugin hybrid?

#126908 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It’s not a plugin.

The eTSI with mild hybrid technology is a significant new feature. A starter-alternator provides extra assistance for the engine when starting off and at low speeds. The lithium-ion batteries are charged under braking and while coasting. This achieves a significant reduction in fuel consumption and emissions.
    The gte is a plugin, but not on the scheme, as that starts at over £35k

#126988 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just had a call from local VW dealer the test drive on Monday is now just 1 hour and because of Covid I’ve got to put name down to order because of build times for pick up next March ! I certainly won’t do that’s until I’ve test driven other hybrids

#126989 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Strange Toyota dealer next door is letting me have a Chr for 2 hours Tuesday and haven’t got to order till December he told me

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: New Golf 1.5 Etsi hybrid dsg booked test drive
Your information: