New ev charger installed after a BIG FAT NO

• Creator
    Topic
    Chub

4 months ago I applied for a charger outside my house unfortunately I was rejected and had to cancel my car order.
      This morning I was having my new bp pulse charger installed. I preserved and finally was accepted had to forfeit my beautiful bushes at the front of my house to get it all sorted I’m sure it’s all going to be worth it. I’m so happy it feels like a dream 👍🏽😁

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

Patients is a virtue as they say Chub. I am glad you got it all sorted.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Chub

Thank you indeed it is

Richard

This is good news, congrats. I’ve just had mine accepted after I sent photos on been sent to UKPN to approve & probably uprate the main cutout fuse.

Hopefully they won’t try & blow it off on install day but mine is very simple thru upstairs wall where fuse box is down that wall then along the same wall & charger goes there so doesnt get much easier.

Wish I could persuade the housing ass to come & upgrade the consumer unit to 18th Ed but fat chance unless it catches fire.

Congrats again you must be very relieved

Chub

Thank you so much I really hope it goes well for you @ Richard.
              I was very impressed with my installers they came early and just took 2 hours.
              The only thing now is I haven’t got a foggiest on how to use the charger 👀. Counting on my daughter reach me eeek

Participant

@Chub

Using the charger could not be any easier, just plug in and turn the key a quarter turn to the right and away you go. Dont forget to turn the key back once you have finished, this will stop anyone getting free electricity while your out. If like me you switch to Octopus energy or similar provider / tarriff just schedule the car to charge during the cheaper rates, it`s almost plug and go really.

----------------------------
                KIA Soul EV First Edition
                Scale modeller in my spare time

Mike

Why were you refused in the first instance?

Chub

Thank you @ Stuart the man did tell me how to do it but my car isn’t here yet and I have bad memory 😐.

@Mike
                    I was told I didn’t have enough room. I went away and chopped down my hedges and then got accepted. The other difference also is the first time I was spoke to someone on the phone 2nd time I just done it on online. It was a blessing really as  I had to cancel a Mokka, then couple of weeks later my dream car came on the scheme. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽❤️❤️❤️

Richard

What did you order a Kona?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.