New car pick Up Saga

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Georgie 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87907 Reply
    David

hi all , Im supposedly the proud keeper of a new seat Alteca

It’s my first every motability car

However , didn’t think things through in arranging to pick it up on Friday 13th…

The dealer had been helpful in sourcing a car for us , motability chipped in with a grant and all was going swimmingly.

only issue I had during the ordering process was , as my photocard for driving had expired and I’m waiting for a new one to arrive , I can’t be put on the motability insurance .

even though I can rent a van , be put on the dealers insurance for courtesy car ( more of that later ) rsa won’t let me on their insurance until I have new one in my paw .

I tried a bit of haggling on the AP , showing the seat offer on this forum but .. er no !

So wife and I rocked up ( well I hobbled ) to the dealer to pick the car up , just under 3 weeks from ordering to collection .

went in , had the unveiling , I looked around the car for damage etc .

it was great !!!

wife had instructions on controls etc

I put my pin in , dealer gave me keys and insurance firms etc and then went  oopsy , we have an issue . It turns out that my car had been wrongly registered . In fact , it wasn’t due to be registered for another week 😱

so I now have a live contract for a car I havnt got and can’t drive …

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87909 Reply
    Philjb

Hi David

let motability know about the dealers error and that you haven’t yet got possession of the car.

They should delay your pip payment from the date you finally get the car.

#87910 Reply
    David

Thank you for that 🙂

it took the dealer a few days to notify motability

am speaking to them ( motability ) tomorrow 🙂

#87911 Reply
    JS

Definitely speak to Motability. And on another note you don’t physically need your driving licence you can give them a code and they can carry out a licence check.

#87912 Reply
    David

Ah yes , the licence check , RSA this afternoon started ,  that their system checks the photo card not the actually licence . I argued for a while , pointed them to the dvla site where it says you can carry on driving , pointed out that I was checked to be covered in the courtesy car the dealer gave me , but no go ! It’s their policy they follow 🙁

#87938 Reply
    Georgie

Letting Motability know the situation should also cover you if (Heaven forbid) your car gets damaged while still with the Dealer.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New car pick Up Saga

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: