New car finally sorted, hopefully…………

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Colin 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87928 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

So after my false start with SEAT, thread link if you want to catch up;

SEAT use of the 2.0 TSi discontinued?

We finally have a new car confirmed. We went to Stratstone Mercedes in Huddersfield as they were offering a £500 AP discount on the B180 Sport and ended up with a much better deal.

The dealer (Josh) took our order for a B180 Sport auto in red but then asked if we would consider slight variances in model and colour in order to get it quicker as we were ordering very late due to having to cancel the order with SEAT. We said we would certainly like to know what he had to offer but were still happy to wait for our first choice model if necessary.

He called us back yesterday and made us an offer we couldn’t refuse. A B180 Sport Premium auto in white that should be with the dealership by 30th September. The AP was £999 for the original model, reduced by £500 to £499 and they are honouring the whole AP not just the discount which means we are saving a whopping £2500!

The upgrade gives us some really useful features like heated seats and folding mirrors along with some nice to have extras such as bigger screens and anbient lighting and basically gets us into a model that was beyond our finances so well worth compromising to our 3rd choice of colour.

The only other caveat is that they want the £499 paid now as a deposit which will obviously be transferred onto our AP when we take delivery which should be in about two weeks. I will post some pic’s once we have it.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87932 Reply

Muhammed

Look forward to seeing it Wardy. When you say they are honouring the whole AP not just the discount. How much exactly are they paying and what is the original AP for the car anyway?

#87935 Reply

POPS

I’m really pleased that you’ve had such a good outcome after huge frustration. Well done Wardy.

#87941 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

The full AP should be £2999 and I’m paying £499.

I can’t fully understand why the AP is so high, there are better spec’d models with bigger engines for lower AP’s but I suppose it’s all down to the resale value. They obviously think the Sport model won’t be very popular in the second hand market but I actually prefer it to the AMG line.

#87945 Reply

JS

Brilliant news and deal, well done Wardy, works in your favour and the dealership clears up stock, having an open mind when it comes to colour and spec and working with the dealerships it seems really does Pay off. Well done.

#90115 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Just had to extend our current lease again as the car has still not shipped.

New estimate is 20th October, a bit miffed but I think it’s worth waiting for.

Just hoping it gets into the country before the much anticipated cataclysm that is the 31st October!!!

#92556 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Update; it’s with the dealer and we’re collecting it on Tuesday.

I was having a mooch through car search the other day and noticed that the prices have dropped a little bit making my big saving not quite as big as it was but also that our particular model isn’t on the scheme anymore.

Will post some pics in due course.

#92566 Reply

jamesg

Enjoy .

#92594 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Nicely done Wardy. What a saving, no matter how much they are now reduced to. Huge thumbs up ?

I hope you really enjoy it and I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Good luck tomorrow. I’m looking forward to seeing some ‘hand-over’ pics. ??

? I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it?

#92603 Reply

Muhammed

Looking forward to the pics Wardy. Let us know your first thoughts.

#93200 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

Apologies for the delay getting this done but the last few days have been hectic. The trip over to Huddersfield and back was a nightmare with traffic and accidents so it was dark by the time we got home. The Wifey was in hospital yesterday having laser eye surgery so today is the first chance I’ve had.

After having such great service from salesman Josh the handover was handled by two other people and was unremarkable.

My first impressions were that it’s going to take a while to get up to speed with all the technology on this car but we’ll get there. The interior is unbelievably spacious for such a small car, it’s very easy to get in and out of and the seats are comfortable if on the firm side. The piano black trim is going to be hard work to keep clean.

I can’t say too much about the driving experience as sitting in queues on the M62 and traipsing into Manchester at rush hour yesterday is hardly the best test. The steering is lighter than I’m used to and the engine belies its Renault roots under acceleration and can be a bit unrefined but it cruises nice and smoothly.

#93204 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks lovely

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#93211 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The interior looks stunning, love the huge wide display, shame it has so much space but a small boot if you need anything like a decent size scooter of powerchair.

#93265 Reply

Muhammed

Looks great Wardy. Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy it!

#93274 Reply

Colin

Lovely car. I noticed they even made the gearstick for you in the shape of a small fresh orange bottle with a blue top.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: New car finally sorted, hopefully…………

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: