New Car delivery Times

This topic contains 291 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Rob 4 days, 4 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #17683 Reply

Participant

Found this link which may be of use to some. It gives the average build times from order placement.

New Car Delivery Times

• Author
    Replies
  • #17725 Reply

Participant

It seems fairly generic and could be based on historic stats rather than reflecting “today’s order times” or it may be spot on. It would be interesting to record our own current table of delivery times, in order to test it’s current accuracy.

I ordered a BMW X1 diesel auto during the second week of December, and I’ve been given a mid March collection date. I’ll update this post if the collection date moves.

That’s approximately 12 weeks.

Thanks for opening the thread HM.

• #17788 Reply

Participant

Seat Alhambra SE LUX ordered with extras 03 Nov 2016. Build start week 5 so Beginning of Feb 2017, expected delivery start of March 2017 so 17 weeks.

But factory closed for a fortnight over Christmas holidays. So you could maybe take a fortnight off for orders at other times, we will see

• #38852 Reply

Grant Marshall

I’ve been told I’ll have to wait for 17 weeks for my seat Leon st 1.6 dynamic technology diesel dsg. Great car, and apparently worth the wait,AND I can afford to insure my 18 year old son 😊

• #38978 Reply

Nick

I ordered the 184tdi exellence st was told 17 weeks which has now been increased to 22  weeks as they having an update in March and mine will be the updated model. Is yours on motability or private.

• #17857 Reply

william

I ordered the New Ford Kuga 2.0ltr 180bhp auto titanium with X pack appearance pack and reverse camera in metallic silver on the 19th December 2016, there was one already made with that spec in a compound in Belgium, so delivery date is 15th January 2017.
    having Bekker in dash hand controls brake/acc and small Elap transfer plate fitted before collection. so will be changing to new vehicle in less than a month.

• #18041 Reply

DD

Ordered My Kuga Titanium with X pack 180 Auto on 24/10/16, Car arrived in Southampton Doc on the 2nd Dec, wasn’t going to get Kuga until march due to to saving up for the AP of £2095 and all the extras I ordered and needed my allowance to safe for it, I’m now getting it sometime this month as want to stay in Q4 and not Q1 in 3 years time, can’t wait!! Gutted for the people who have lost out on all the cars taken off, Hope Motability sort theselves out and not let the haters and all the daily mail BS bully you. Shame someone else cant start up another charitable Scheme to give Motability a kick up the backside and sort things out, o’r even let the Manufacturer’s offer there own version of motability, then maybe the prices will be fair for all and not all this changing about and stressing out the vunrable and disabled people who are ment to benefit from the scheme, We are all Human beings, and should not be treated like we should be grateful for the mess motability is doing atm, Please Motability Stand your ground and let the haters hate, dont let a good charatable scheme fall apart, and be more fair with your customers and stop messing and changing things round. For all who have been affected by the mess atm, hope it all gets sorted soon for you, take care all and all the best.

• #17902 Reply

Iain

Ordered a Nissan X-Trail Acenta 5 seat 4×4 on 20/12/16

Estimated delivery 20/04/17

• #17974 Reply

vinalspin

I ordered a Seat Alhambra SE LUX 184DSG om 2nd of November 2016, was told early/mid February 2017, later that same day the dealer called me and said he could offer me the same car in a different colour by mid December, to which of course I agreed, mid Dec & …… nothing, no contact, called & told just before christmas, Dec 23rd & …… nothing, called again & told mid/end of Jan, had been told a week previous that it was in transit, then it was being built in 2 days then next week, then finally not due to start til week 51(when they are closed for christmas period)!
    Not had a single phone call from dealer to keep me up to date or even give me a rough eta, told motability this & they contacted dealer & said he would keep me up to date & throw in car mats to make up for problems & keep me fully informed in future, 8th of Jan as I write this & I have had no contact from dealer, not even a rough idea of delivery date, it says Dec 23rd on my agreement!
    Looks like I will just have to wait until march & see what comes on with the Q2 updated list & cancel existing order.

• #18035 Reply

Participant

Vinalspin I would be asking dealer why he is going to include an item which is already standard eg the floor mats.

Have a look at brochure and it states they are standard across the range of Alhambras. The only one which gets slightly different is FR line model which has red piping to them.

If he is trying a fast move already, say you would prefer the load liner or mudflaps and get something you desire.

• #18002 Reply

Ian price

Great idea for new car delivery times but I see little point in posting delivery times for cars which are no longer on the motability website.

• #18037 Reply

Participant

The cars listed so far still on scheme maybe not exact same spec but they will take same time on production line and delivery.

• #18320 Reply

Participant

We ordered a Ford Focus ST-3 on 30th of September, this was the earliest we could order, had a few options added so we knew it would be a factory build, we were told it would be 4th January for delivery. Had our current car MOT’d at the dealership at the end of November so we asked while we were there for an update, all they would tell us was it was being built sometime in December with no firm build date. The week before Christmas we had a letter from Motability demanding we get our car MOT’d as it is part of the agreement, spoke to dealer who said it had gone through and we should not have had the letter, asked about the new car again and was told it had gone back to February, but still no firm build date, so we asked for the lease to be extended which was arranged. Our agreement was up on 31st December, and as I was going to use the car on the 3rd of Jan I thought I would check the askmid website to check if the car was insured and it wasn’t, so had to deal with that and get the car insured before we could use it, spoke to the dealer again over the insurance and have now been told that the build has gone back to March, again with no firm build date, so now thinking of cancelling, going to speak to Motability as we have had to pay for the options up front, but am concerned that the dealer will not reimburse the money, even though there is no firm build date for the car.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  wmcforum.
    • #37912 Reply

Ronster
      Participant

Deleted response as just realised its a year old. Oops

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Ronster.
  • #22341 Reply

Lee Dwyer

Ordered my new Ford Galaxy Titanium X 3 week ago, just been told build date of Feb 2nd and will be ready beginning of March for collection….! Is that doable ?
    Hope so…👍🏻

Lee

• #22344 Reply

Participant

That’s an excellent time frame Lee. It’s a lot different from the Galaxy Titanium X I ordered in 2011. That finally took eight months to arrive after Ford decided to relocate production from Belgium to Spain.
      You’ve chosen a top vehicle. I looked at the new Galaxy Titanium X a few months back and it’s got everything you could possibly need on it as standard except for a premium sound system. The Sony 12 speaker system is an excellent option by the way.
      Keep us posted about the delivery date.

• #22799 Reply

Lee

Hi Pops
    Yeh will be great if the timescale is not just hot air, the Sony upgrade must be awesome as the standard one wasn’t too shabby👍🏻 Will let you know how it goes. Do you know if the sync3 system has the option to run permanent front and rear cameras as in Dash cam style not just for reversing/Parking ?
    Cheers
    Lee

• #23027 Reply

Participant

Sorry Lee I haven’t got a clue about the cameras. I would think it unlikely, but I’ve googled and browsed and can’t find a definitive answer.

• #24415 Reply

Manny

With new car orders its really quite hard to track your order and after the initial engagement of test drive and ordering, the dealers just hide away.
    Volkswagen are probably the best where by they provide a tracking number which can be used on their website and each stage is shown of how far the build has gone.
    Wish all manufacturers had something like this in place.

• #24643 Reply

Pops

I ordered a BMW in the middle of December and I was given a week seven build date (that’s next week) with a week ten collection date. I know that the VIN number (vehicle identification number) comes into being a few days before production, so I called into my dealer this morning and got the VIN number off their computer as the vehicle’s info has just moved into ‘production’.
      As soon as the car has been through it’s approximate forty hours build programme, I will be able to track it’s movements by logging into the BMW owners site (or by ringing my dealer if I’m feeling lazy). I know that it’s being built in the picturesque and medieval town of Regensburg outside Munich, and I will follow it’s progress with interest.
      You’re right Manny, not all manufacturers can be bothered to interact with customers after they’ve got the order, but I’ve found BMW particularly accommodating in the past. I even got another quality free coffee and biscuits!

• #27579 Reply

lee Taylor

Hi can you tell me how you are all tracking your Alhambra build please.

I order my motability car on 13th November and with little communication from my dealer I’ve had an email to say build date is week 16 that mid April.

Thanks

• #26415 Reply

Lee

I’ve had no contact at all since ordering except an email to confirm the build date which I don’t think I would have got if I had not emailed the Dealer first..!
    Does anyone know if I could track the car if I got the Vin from Ford? Do they have a system like BMW ..?
    Cheers Lee

• #27392 Reply

POPS

I’ve just updated my new car’s progress. It was built last week and has now been “released to carrier” ready for a train journey from Regensburg to the Port of Bremerhaven for shipping.

• #40342 Reply

Rob

hiya Pops, is it possible that you can send me some kind of link so I can see how my BMW X1 order is going. So far all I have from my dealer is a order number. I would be really interested to see how it’s going.

Many Thanks

Rob

• #27400 Reply

HoneyMonster
    Participant

Mine now in UK and will be collected Tues 28th of Feb. So from order to collection nearly 4 months allowing for Christmas closure in the period as well.

Seat Alhambra Se lux 184ps DSG in Romance Red optional extras Park assist, Ride height regulation, massage seat and electric folding towbar.

Iain

• #27401 Reply

Lee

Yeeehaaa!
    Just had a call from the dealer this morning and the car will be ready for collection next Monday….
    To say we only ordered mid way though January I think that’s class…. true to their word regarding the time scale..👍🏻
    Lee

• #27407 Reply

POPS

My vehicle has now got a code 9000 on the order which means it’s ‘departed the production plant’. I enjoy the tracking element of a new build, which probably makes me a bit sad (lol).

• #27411 Reply

HoneyMonster
      Participant

Not as sad as when i followed our Vauxhall Antara on its ship from Korea, with the ship tracker :). I do need to get out more.

• #27416 Reply

william

just been told by dealer my car will be built on the 6th march and they will contact me when the car is on its way car ordered on the 20 december.alhambra se lux 184 with keyless
    bill

• #27417 Reply

POPS

My car is now “code 9605” which is Pre Euro Port of exit. I’m pleased it missed the storms on the North sea last night! I’m also happy that it’s right on schedule for my March 10th collection date.

BMW X1 XDRIVE XLINE 25D Mineral Grey. Registration number …. *X17*** It’s all the X’s!

• #27418 Reply

william

luky you pops dont forget to post some pictures when you have it

• #27419 Reply

POPS

I certainly will William. Make sure you do the same with your Alhambra. The Seat Alhambra SE LUX is one of the best equipped cars on the scheme …. We’ll have to start a “Poster’s Car Pics” thread …. Cheers!

• #27437 Reply

StuB

Just had a call from Dealers My build slot is week 16. Ordered the car on 25th of Jan and expected delivery date is the first week of May.So i make that 13 weeks which is about what i was quoted initially so im pleased with that, would have liked it earlier but hey ho.

• #27438 Reply

POPS

Stu, I bet Peugeot are busy trying to build enough 3008″s to satisfy the rush. That GT Line has got to be worth a 13 week wait! Cheers.

• #27441 Reply

StuB

Well worth it Pops, cant wait.

• #27527 Reply

POPS

Tracking my car.

Since I last posted it’s gone to code 9610 ‘Customs’ …. then 9620 ‘At sea’ (late Thursday night on a ship named Baltic Breeze). It docked at Southampton early this morning so it should be unloading about now. Southampton isn’t the quickest port to clear due to the sheer volume of cars, so I’m expecting a small slippage in the collection date from this Friday until possible the following Tuesday.

I haven’t been in touch with the dealer recently because I know they’re extremely busy preparing a load of “17” reg cars, so the tracking has been down to “Sherlock ‘Pops’ Holmes”! I obviously have too much time on my hands, lol!

• #27551 Reply

POPS

My new car is now code 9650 which is “awaiting dispatch to dealer”. The collection date is still listed as March 10th. It won’t be long now, although I wouldn’t be surprised if it slips back a few days, with the volume of “new reg” orders.

• #27574 Reply

william

dealer has just phoned my car is on the ship and on its way to sheerness kent pickup could be the 20th  to 25th this month.

bill

• #27575 Reply

william

`forgot to mention car ordered on the 20 december couud do with some way to edit a post

• #27576 Reply

Andy
        Participant

William my Alhambra  is due for handover on 21st March so it’s probably on the same ship as yours!

• #27577 Reply

william

i am hoping the ship does not stop off at southamton befoure going to sheerness andy.are you north or south of the country

• #27578 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Warwickshire, so both ports are the same distance. Do you know the name of the ship?

• #27580 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Lee my build week was week 8, so it seems to take 3-4 weeks from then to delivery.

• #27581 Reply

lee Taylor

Thanks Andy

When did you order yours ? If mine comes 4 weeks after build that will be 5 months !

• #27582 Reply

william

lee my  build date was week 10 i think you need to have a word with your dealer did you add many extras  i only added keyless and akira 18 inch wheels  extras can delay things my dealer did say some orders had been delayed.

bill

• #27583 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Lee, end of October, so nearly 5 months as well.

• #27584 Reply

lee Taylor

Right thanks Andy, I have never been delayed for a delivery in 20 years it better be a great motor 🙂

• #27586 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Same here, first time a car has taken over 12 weeks since we started in 1997! It seems to be a hugely popular car though.

• #27587 Reply

Lee Taylor

Hi William, No I added nothing just the SE lux 184 bhp Automatic.

I think I will speak to the dealer cause by my calculation if built in week 16 (WC April 17th) and takes 4 weeks to delivery that 26 weeks in total and that’s ridiculous.

Thanks all.

• #27588 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Would be 30 weeks if you’d added a towbar Lee…

• #27591 Reply

william

lee who is the dealer you are buying from some one not doing there job correctly i think.

bill

• #27592 Reply

HoneyMonster
    Participant

That is strange Lee, ordered mine  02 November with towbar massage seat park assist and self leveling .Was a week 5 build and collected last week.

• #27607 Reply

Lee Taylor

The dealer is Listers Coventry and I have today been advised that the build week is now week 18 so moved another 2 weeks further on. the girl at SEAT just got an earful spoke to Motability and nothing they can do SEAT have offered me the option to cancel my order but if I did that I would be waiting 3 months for a car that is not my first choice.

I have added nothing to it its just a normal Automatic.

• #27697 Reply

Ortum8

what date did you order? I ordered an SE lux auto with the higher bhp diesel engine on 21st December. Was expecting it next week (24th March) but dealer now sat build week 18, expected June 🙁

Really annoyed, motability say they can’t help. Dealer says tough – tells me I have a ‘great deal’ and there is no comparable alternative left on scheme!

• #27609 Reply

william

hi lee will they not add a few extras for you free off charge i gather you can add extras as long as its done befour the build day. all the best hope you get your car as soon as possible.

by the way what coulor did you order.

bill

• #27612 Reply

Andy
    Participant

I ordered through the  Coventry SEAT dealer too Lee! You will be lucky to get any extras thrown in, they wouldn’t even give me a free rear numberplate for the caravan!

• #27695 Reply

Wayne

when we got our grand picasso we were told 8 weeks so we booked a caravan holiday for 5 weeks after the delivery date. we called 2 days before the delivery date to be told it was on the boat, (yes from Spain to France) in the end we had to cancel our holiday as at the 12 week stage it was still at the port in France another 5 weeks later it arrived 18 weeks, over 10 weeks after we were told it would arrive. We were over £1000 out of pocket , would never go to or have another Citreon.Has been awful from start to finish.

• #27696 Reply

william

hi Wayne

strange how dealers can be so different when i ordered my c4 3 years ago from hidsons in rainham kent only took 3 weeks to take delivery they gave me a choice of 3 colours that where at the docks.

this time seat alhambra had to be ordered on the 20th december collecting new car on the 24 this month seat dealer f g barnes from maidstone has phoned me almost every two weeks since the start of february to let me no what is going on.super service

looks like you have been unlucky wayne hope you have  better luck with your next order

bill

• #27698 Reply

william

hi ortum8

car ordered on the 20th december se lux 184 with 18 inch wheels and keyless collecting next friday.

did you order any extras

bill

• #27752 Reply

Ortum8

Maybe it’s only 184ps automatics that are being delayed? Only option was the ‘full link’ for apple CarPlay but that could have been activated by dealer so I hope that wouldn’t cause a delay! I ordered the dark metallic blue one.

• #27699 Reply

tommy

I ordered mine on 27th December and it arrived at the dealer on the 4th March,  only extra was the integrated car seat and it’s the se lux 184 ps model in red,  really think it depends on the dealership as I know for a fact that seat Liverpool are giving out the se lux on a daily basis,  salesman told me were as they usually get a trailer full of different models they’ve actually been getting trailers full of just alhambras so it’s odd that some people who’ve ordered in December are having to wait till June in some cases

• #27700 Reply

Andy

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason with Alhambra deliveries, mine was ordered in October, had a week 8 build, and we are due to pick it up next week.
    Maybe it depends on the colour ordered or something!

• #27755 Reply

Abercol

Our C4 Grand Picasso was also delivered quickly and without fuss, 3 weeks in total from order to pick-up, we went for a bog standard Exclusive+ & got an ex-works car instead of waiting for the build of something with extras. Choice of 5 colours too. It was our first Motability car, so we were unsure of the process but the dealer was and remains very good. Helps that my last car was also a C4 Grand Picasso serviced by the same dealer…

• #27834 Reply

nicola

Hi, I just ordered a Mercedes  GLA AMG line in petrol, ordered today and delvery date is 27th july longer than my usual waiting time of 3 months. my changover date is the 15th june but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

• #27835 Reply

william

hi Nicola

that amount of waiting  time is going to rely drag for you hope its worth it good choice thoe.

bill

• #28584 Reply

nicola

well got a phone call today car should be ready end of june was told when I ordered it would be the end of july so a month earlier, Mercedes gla amg line

• #28586 Reply

Littledave

Interesting table, but way out in the case of the Seat Alhambra, says 9 weeks, but we will have waited 26 weeks in it does arrive in late June according in the latest information.

• #28641 Reply

Shane

Just ordered a seat Leon Fr and have been told not to expect the car before the end of September.

• #28690 Reply

Crownhillbilly
    Participant

Just wondering what others experiences are with waiting times for the mk7 Volkswagen Golf as i’m just about to order a Golf 1.4 tsi SE Navigation. Our local dealer said the waiting time was 13 weeks, does anybody know if that is likely to be accurate?.

• #28694 Reply

POPS

Dealers should have a central planner with pre allocated build slots. BMW were able to tell me the expected build date about a week after I placed my order and they were spot on. This can be subject to change, but is usually fairly accurate. The other variable may be the shipping time from factory post build, to arriving at the dealer’s premises (approx three weeks generally).

Thirteen weeks sounds about right for a VW. The only manufacturer to let me down (this was some time ago) was Ford, and their build date was missed by months for two different vehicles.

• #28699 Reply

Peter Hardy

Apparently VAG are experiencing higher volumes of petrol engined orders, probably to the current diesel demonisation.  I’ve got an Octavia vRS 2.0 petrol on order and it’s slipped to a week 37 build slot.  This means a 19 week period between order and build and then there’s an estimated two to three additional weeks for the car to get to my UK dealer.  I’m told there is even greater demand for the 1.4 engine so there’s a longer wait for that.

Obviously I cannot state categorically that the above info is true but as far as my car is concerned it’s 100% fact.  I hope this helps!

Best regards

Peter.

• #29513 Reply

Nickh

Hi there, I ordered golf gtd auto on the 1st of June and vw informed me yesterday that I’m still on track for 1st of September pick up, fingers crossed🙏

• #28691 Reply

Mal.

Well I’m sure pops or ish will have a more detailed response to your enquiry. But 13 weeks seems to be the average wait time. But obviously it can differ due to many different factors.

• #28692 Reply

Ish

12 – 16 weeks (3 – 4 months) is the usual time scale for all manufacturers. 13 weeks will be a guide, a lot can happen to delay that time. We’re coming up to our 4th car on the scheme and the handover has always been later than the estimate they’ve given. The last one was a good 4 weeks after. I’ve also found different people at the dealership may give you different times.

• #28712 Reply

Crownhillbilly
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Peter, and to everybody else who replied, from what everybody is saying i’m wondering if 13 weeks might be a minimum wait. Peter as the saying goes, “good things come to those who wait”, I will keep telling myself this!, hope the time doesn’t drag for you too much!.

Regards All.

Andy.

• #28715 Reply

onlyme
    Participant

The current lead time if ordering a seat alhambra se lux is currently sitting at about 16-20 weeks from order acceptance date.

My wife placed an order for our first mobility car around the end of april.

I work within the motor trade and know the garage quite well, so after a few weeks I was able to get hold of the official order number for our vehicle.

We then emailed this to seat to see if they could give us a production build date or maybe give us a rough estimate.

They have estimated a build date of week 36 so the 4th sept. so we should see around the end of sept, so start to finish 20 weeks.

• #28754 Reply

hannah

Hi!

We ordered a seat alhambra se lux auto, no extras, at the weekend.

Im now super impatient and wondered if anyone has any short wait time stories 😂 we are in blackpool.

Xx

• #28758 Reply

Litteldave

hi. We ordered our Alhambra Se Lux Auto with keyless entry on December 27 2016, took delivery on June 6. The dealer told us that the current lead time is 26 weeks for an Alhambra, 23 weeks for an Ateca he and that can only get the new Ibiza in FR spec, not the bread and butter versions that sell. Hope this helps and that yours arrives earlier.

• #28755 Reply

Mal.

Average time across the board is roughly, Quarter of a Year.

• #28756 Reply

Mal.

Anything less look at it as a Bonus.

• #28761 Reply

william

hi. We ordered our Alhambra Se Lux Auto with keyless and 18 inch wheels which i think was a mistake makes the ride very harsh on December 24 2016, took delivery on 24 march why have you had to wait so long ours was a 184 engine hope you enjoy the car.

bill

• #28782 Reply

Littledave

No idea why ours took so long to arrive. Oddly, we were contacted in February saying our build was week 7 and should arrive early March and picked out our registration number. We contacted the dealer at beginning of March to be told that the build week was now week 17, then it went back to week 16 and the finally week 20. Ours is the 184 version in white, only extra being keyless. Beginnng to wonder if the dealer appropriated ours as a demonstrator and reordered for us! Surely not!,

• #28815 Reply

BevG
    Participant

Just ordered a Nissan Qashqai Techna 1.2 DIG-T petrol and they had one in stock! So I pick it up either next week or the week after! I’m very excited. Can’t wait.

• #29063 Reply

AlanM

Having read so many tales of woe about lomg delivery times for Seat Alhambras I thought I would share my experience with you all.

After ordering  a Seat Alhambra 2.0 TDI 150 SE Lux Automatic on 23rd March  I was quoted a delivery date of 5th July and although my present lease ran out on 24th June I was happy with the delivery.

On  15th June I called the dealership and was informed that there was a delay with Alhambra deliveries due to a shortage of leather for the seats! Anyone else heard this or am I being fed a line here?

I was told that delivery of my car would be into September if I wanted the full leather seats as per the spec. If however I was prepared to accept Alcantara seats with a leather trim then not only would delivery be near to the original date but I would also get a discount.

Naturally I accepted the offer as I wanted the car asap but I would love to hear of any other dealers who are saying that the leather is an issue.

• #29070 Reply

Littledave

Our salesman told us they were having problems sourcing leather seats in the Alhambra when we collected ours in June. Apparently, Seat were offering Alcantara seats with a £200 discount. He had no reason to lie to us as ours had arrived and had leather.

• #29064 Reply

Mal.

Seat multi billion pound company struggling with leather? Sounds more like a bad salesman line. There might be a delay but to blame it on Leather, funny.

• #29065 Reply

AlanM

Mal it certainly sounds like a poor excuse. I’ve hunted the internet and can’t find any comment on the leather shortage and I would have thought that someone else on here would have heard something as well if it is true.

It’s disappointing when you’re being told a lot of rubbish by a company who have a reasonable reputation locally.

• #29069 Reply

Littledave

We were told this by our salesman when we collected our Alhambra in June. Not reason for him to lie to us as ours was here.

• #29067 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Hi AlanM

Ordered Alhambra 2.0 TDI 150 SE Lux auto on 15th April, was told estimated delivery date of 26th August.

25th June I received an email saying:

“Just a quick line to let you know that your new car is now built and in transit to the UK.

When it arrives it will be allocated a registration number and then we can arrange a collection day.”

So, nothing about a leather shortage (I went for the standard black leather).

• #29068 Reply

Littledave

We waited almost 6 months for our Alhambra to arrive. We were chatting to the salesman when we collected it in June, and he told us that Seat were having problems sourcing leather seats in the Alhambra. He had no axe to grind as we had ours, so I believe him. Whether Seat have now solved the problem is another issue.

• #29076 Reply

AlanM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s pleasing to hear that I was being told the truth. Looking forward now to getting my car and my £250 discount!

• #29077 Reply

Mal.
    • I take back my comments AlanM about a bad salesman line. But I still find it amazing such a big global company that is SEAT struggles to source leather for there seats. Wonders will never cease.
  • #29078 Reply

Mal.

But I would say it’s more like a £250 reduction in the price rather than a £250 discount. As your only getting part Leather rather than full. Would of been nice for the inconvenience if they reduced the price by £250 then give you a discount as a goodwill gesture but never mind. Happy driving AlanM.

• #29079 Reply

Joe london

Supply and demand can hit production, so many of a cars components, are outsourced, a month a two ago, there was a shortage of BMW, Msport steering wheels and tyres for the X1.

• #29080 Reply

Mal.

Crazy

• #29081 Reply

AlanM

I appreciate your comments, Joe London.

I would guess that like many companies nowadays, car manufacturers want to keep stocks of components as low as possible and order “just in time” to reduce outlays of finance. This I believe is a very risky way to do business, if you want to keep customers happy, as their suppliers are probably doing the same thing! I suppose their argument would be prices would have to rise if they maintained higher stocks of parts but it would in my opinion be worth it to get faster delivery and happy customers.

• #29082 Reply

POPS

AlanM, you rightly identify the “just in time” methodology that controls the through flow of so many large companies. It was a system that gained credence in the early 1990’s and led to the redesign of many plant’s and outlets. Prior to the 1990’s supermarkets, industrial sites and of course car plants were rather wasteful with over stocking simply because they had the space to do so. Since then new builds have taken the mantra of “just in time stocking” to a fine degree. Plants no longer have spare storage capacity built in and are streamlined to the point where every inch is given over to production, and regular timed supply is essential.

It is cheaper to risk upsetting some customers with delayed orders, than to build in spare capacity for the hopefully rare occasions that the supply chain hiccups.

Carrying extra stocks is no longer an option for manufacturers. Logistics rule these days.

• #29085 Reply

Joe London

AlanM, the Alhambra is going to be replaced in 2018, Seat is probably winding down its component inventory,  same on new models, the Msport steering wheel is an optional extra in some markets,

• #29099 Reply

AlanM

Thanks for the info Joe. Unfortunately my current lease is up now otherwise I may have waited until next year to see what the replacement looked like as after speaking to my dealer this morning it looks like I’ll be waiting until end of August or into Septemer anyway!!!!

• #29101 Reply

Ish
    Participant

Been to Peugeot today. Delivery time on the 3008 now sitting at 16 weeks due to popularity and Peugeot closing for the month of August. So if we were to order in August we were told to expect a handover date of sometime in late December/ early January.

• #29106 Reply

Joe London

Ish, selling well, President and CEO Luca de Meo broke the news of the new SUV at SEAT’s annual press conference in March, where the brand also confirmed an operating profit of €143m (£124m) for 2016 – the highest in its history and first full year of profitability since 2008.

Also, the average price of the vehicles, has shot up, as they go upmarket.

the Ateca was another step so slowly we can find a way to build our presence and the level of average price between €20,000 and €30,000 – before we used to be between €10,000 and €20,000.”

• #29107 Reply

Joe London

Ish,  I was replying to AlanM

• #29105 Reply

Joe London

AlanM, it will be replaced by a 7 seat SUV type, MPV type going by the way of the Dodo..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/alhambra/97456/new-seat-seven-seat-suv-naming-competition-launched-for-2018-large-suv

• #29129 Reply

AlanM

That new Seat SUV is too raked at the back for a car suitable for an electric wheelchair and hoist. Looks like my first Seat will be my last!!

• #29114 Reply

Mal.

Regarding my Kuga ST auto with 5 extras was ordered on the 10th May by the dealership. I’ve had notification that the car has now been delivered to the dealership on the 3rd July. Can’t have it til 10th September which is frustrating, but as for Delivery Time I have to say pretty good.

• #29117 Reply

Ish
    Participant

At least you know it’s there and ready. Did the dealer send you any photos?

• #29118 Reply

Mal.

No pics but going over on the 20th July for mot. So I’ll get some then.

• #29136 Reply

Mal.

And yeah absolutely right regarding Driverless cars if you look at the progression we are all seeing within vehicles it’s a upward trend to obviously reach the end goal which is Selfdrive vehicle’s. I said to my Dad within 30yrs people won’t have a licence as there will be no need for 1. Because the vehicles will be controlled by your phone u just input your destination or verbally tell the vehicle where you want to go.

• #29137 Reply

Ish
    Participant

Sooner than that I think Mal. Ford have given themselves a deadline of 2021 to have driverless cars on the road.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/27/ford-seeks-pioneer-new-generation-driverless-cars/

• #29139 Reply

JP

I spoke to someone high up in a motoring organisation not too long ago and we were chatting about the future developments in car technology. He surprised the life out of me when talking about the rapid developments in driverless technology. He was adamant that his two young children will never have to take a driving test as the technology will be here in 10 years.

• #29152 Reply

Mal.

Kuga ST auto with 5 extras. from order to delivery 7weeks. Sorry Ian.

• #29207 Reply

Richard

Ordered the 3 series touring in may was told July delivery late now told January 🙁 think I am going to cancel order and have a look at others

• #29208 Reply

Ish
    Participant

Good grief. Have they told you why it’s now jumped to January?

• #29215 Reply

Richard

Sudden up take in petrol orders phoned around a few over dealers and got told pretty much the same.

• #29242 Reply

Ladybird

Just ordered qashqai n connecta and given date as first week in September to pick up. 👍🏻

• #29256 Reply

Richard

I have decided to wait delay in scooter to me too so wait for car I want dealer was very kind and through in some extras due to the wait

• #29257 Reply

Richard

Oh and total cost of ap 1800 for auto and extras are privacy glass and high beam assist

• #29258 Reply

Mal.

Plus Richard if you had of chose another vehicle it would of always been 2nd choice. And come January you would of been kicking yourself wishing you had of waited. So personally I think you’ve decided on the right decision. Added Bonus you got some extras thrown in for the inconvenience.

• #29260 Reply

Richard

Yep my own fault really got 1 series and other brands  I have had just don’t feel the same and sure footed on motorway and to go hospital, shopping ect (even though I sit in the car for shopping) is all motorway were we live.  Although saying that my joints are sort of happy at the moment with all this heat 😉

• #29321 Reply

Mal.

Well I go and see my new car on Thursday when I take this 1 in for mot. Can’t wait to see it even though I’ve got to wait until September 10th to take ownership  grrrr.

• #29332 Reply

Richard Butler

Ordered VW Tiguan SE Nav .. Manual.. 1.4 Tsi Act .. Met Black with Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise .. Ordered in June .. told delivery October to November as people have gone Petrol Crazy

• #29333 Reply

Ish
    Participant

I bet the AP on diesels gets’s significantly reduced next quarter.

• #29334 Reply

Mal.

Knowing my luck Ish, that’s exactly what will happen. But the reason I went with Diesel is because there isn’t going to be the huge changes and withdrawals from Deisel this time round. But next time in 2020 I think we will all be driving hybrid minimally, but more likely Energy feuled vehicles. I do understand some of us choosing Petrol especially in more powerful vehicles such as yourself and your Mrs Ish. that I understand but there is a lot that have just been scare mungered into Petrol. And obviously there is the SHEEP FACTOR. follow the flock mentality which I don’t really get. Good ploy though as it will increase the huge taxes we already pay on fuel even higher. I don’t mean Taxes raised even though I wouldn’t rule that out, I mean we use more Petrol.         ALL ABOUT THE MONEY FOLKS.

• #29336 Reply

BevG

When I looked at the Nissan Qashqai Tekna, it was £1000+ more for the diesel than the petrol. Because I don’t do anywhere near the amount of miles I used to when I worked the salesman said it just wasn’t worth the extra AP for the diesel. I’m lucky if I do 100 miles a month!

I ordered my car on 16 July and picked it up on the 23 July! I was very lucky that they had the car actually in stock. It was actually in the showroom.

Im very happy with it, been driving it for 3 weeks now and I couldn’t be more excited every time I do. I love it.

• #29337 Reply

Ish
    Participant

That’s the same for us Bev, we have gone with petrol because we don’t do enough miles for DPF regen on a diesel. I understand that petrol cars from the end of the year will also be getting particulate filters (GPF) but short journeys should be enough to regenerate as petrols get hotter quicker. They do the VRS in Diesel at the same price as the petrol this quarter. Previously the Diesel had been cheaper.

• #29339 Reply

BevG

Ive noticed this past week or so that petrol & diesel were the same price for the first time in ages, then yesterday diesel was actually cheaper than petrol! What’s going on? Bx

• #29343 Reply

Ish
    Participant

I’m not sure if it has already come into effect but I believe petrol stations, especially those at supermarkets are going to be using surge pricing.

If you haven’t heard about that then prices will be controlled by artificial intelligence which will adjust prices on the fly based on demand / how many people are filling up at certain pumps. So in theory you could see the price advertised as you drive up but by the time you put the nozzle in your car the price could have changed.

Supermarkets are looking at doing this for groceries as well  which will present the same problem. I’m sure most of us often choose products based on price but by the time you get to the till you could be paying more!

I won’t post links as I’m taking this thread off topic but if you google it you’ll find plenty.

• #29395 Reply

Soul292

Ordered a 3 series saloon last month and was told delivery would be in September. However I’ve just been told there’s a delay due to shortage of petrol engines. Not sure whether to cancel it and get the Audi A4 instead?

Anyone else in the same position?

• #29396 Reply

Ish
    Participant

How long is the delay and have you spoken to Audi to see what their estimated delivery time is? Or are you just looking to swap to the Audi anyway now it’s on the list? If you prefer the Audi and build times are acceptable then talk to BMW about cancelling. If you paid a deposit you won’t get it back though.

• #29397 Reply

Soul292

ETA is showing Dec/Jan. Will pop into Audi this week and see what their estimated time is. Getting offered a higher spec’d 1 series from BMW for the same price. But I find 1 series small for my liking.

Does anyone know if the Mercedes cla is on notability scheme? I’m hearing mixed answers. My local Mercedes dealership told me cla isn’t available anymore.

• #29398 Reply

Ish
    Participant

The CLA is still showing here: https://tinyurl.com/y7n9e88q

and the Coupe and Shooting Brake are both still on the Mercedes Motability section.
    https://tinyurl.com/y7nlqoj7

It’s possible they were fobbing you off simply because they don’t want to deal with you.

If in doubt give Motability a call and query it but if it’s on the list as it is then it should be available.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Ish.
  • #29404 Reply

Soul292

Thank you.  And yes the local dealership was not friendly at all. I could sense it the moment I stepped it! I will contact notability and find out. Really gutted I have to wait until December for my 3 series!

• #29408 Reply

Joe london

Audi A4s are getting longer delivery times due to the process of certifying  the updated emissions figures, so it’s being reported.

• #29409 Reply

Joe london

Mercedes are rolling out a £195 million plan to update three million diesels, with new emissions software, they are also launching a rapid roll out of its latest diesel engine. May explain extended delivery times.

• #29410 Reply

Richard

My 3 series touring is delayed until (was a delay until Feb, but BMW have re allocated some petrol days in plant because of the sudden uptake in them) so Dec Jan too people at buying up petrols again due to newer more efficient engines. If it’s your first BMW I would wait you won’t be disappointed especially if you do a lot of motorways. no need to keep shuffling about after and hour in a BMW… why your waiting yo could save extra for some options, you can get  I have seen dealer screen you get 18 percent off extras

• #29514 Reply

The little taffia

My GTD auto was ordered end of June, dealer expects the end of September, still waiting for a build date. Ordered with the adaptive chassis which was tremendous on my Scirocco.

• #29560 Reply

louis

is it a longer wait for a petrol car than diesel or is it around the same time. Also if i dont have any extras on the car would this speed the process at all.

• #29561 Reply

louis

or any adaptions

• #29563 Reply

Joe london

Ask the dealer for pipeline cars, cars which are in stock but at other dealers, you may have to compromise in extras, more or less spec and or colours, for the fastest turnaround. It looks like petrols are the hardest to find.

• #29567 Reply

Ish
    Participant

louis, don’t choose fuel type based on build times. Choose the fuel type based on your requirements. If you do short or infrequent journeys then petrol. If you’re doing long regular journeys then consider diesel but also look at petrol and hybrids. Hybrids obviously get good mileage but some of these small modern turbo charged engines give great mileage as well.

Diesel cars have a diesel particulate filter (DPF) which helps with emissions but requires a regeneration cycle which you have no control over. If you do long regular journeys then no problem but short or infrequent and the DPF regeneration cycle will struggle to complete.  If the DPF ends up blocked the car has to go into the dealership and sorting the issue can cost motability up to £1000. I have spoken to motability about DPF’s and they say they will pay for this the first time but after that the situation would need to be looked at. I was sat in Skoda the other day and an older gentlemen was losing his rag about his DPF filter as his car was in yet again for issues with it.

From the end of the year petrol engines will start to get gasoline particulate filters (GPF) but petrol engines warm up a lot faster than diesel engines so should (it’s predicted) be able to regenerate the GPF on shorter journeys. Until people start buying them we won’t know for definite. Right now I’m not aware that any petrol engine has a GPF fitted.

Also keep in mind that the future of diesel cars is somewhat unknown and unpredictable. It was said that any new congestion charge rules or the like would only effect old diesel cars and people were worrying about nothing but recently if news articles are anything to go by that is not the case. For example London council has increased the parking charge for diesel cars older than 2 years old. A few minutes on google will find you lots of articles. There’s been talk for a while on a ban of diesel cars from built up cities altogether (before the 2040 deadline).

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to scare you off diesel but there are certainly factors to take into consideration before ordering one.

• #29575 Reply

louis

i was leaning more towards diesel as we use the motorway 4 times a day for 2 hrs driving to get my son to and from his specialist school

• #29582 Reply

Ish
    Participant

No problem with DPF regeneration then so I guess MPG will be a large factor in what you choose.

• #29584 Reply

louis

<p style=”text-align: left;”>yes mpg is a big one also the size of the car and advance payment as all money goes on sons help so thats why im looking at a ford kuga seems decent size reasonable ap pretty much meets our needs decent boot for his assistants dog</p>

• #29727 Reply

Gazarsenal

ordered focus st3 tdci power shift first week of June and was told 20 weeks.will be longest 20 weeks of my life

• #29730 Reply

Richard

I have just received my st3 I also had over 1k of extras put on mine my car was ready for beginning of July but I was on holiday so mine was 13 weeks.

im glad to tell you it’s worth the wait it is a very good car I got a diskloc have moved the obd port and keep my remote keys in a faraday box hopefully it will keep the thieves at bay as in Essex there have been a lot of keyless cars stolen inc Focus st,join the Ford Focus st owners club great bunch of people and the website is very helpful.

• #29731 Reply

Gazarsenal

I would be very happy with the time you had to wait,I can’t wait  to get it.i joined the owners club when I put order in and have had a look and it’s very useful

• #29835 Reply

Geo

first time post so bear with me please.

Ordered my car (Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 ltr Tdi) about the 28th june with car due to be changed over 16th Sept well that was what wouldve happened if the seat sales rep had actually ordered the car.

Got letter from motability asking why i had’nt ordered my new car as it was due.

Got onto dealer and was told there would be a delay that wasnt really a problem 4 weeks late, i can live with that i thought.

now im told its nearer end of November.

is this normal or are they taking p#*s.

• #29865 Reply

AlanM

Geo as Motability didn’t send you confirmation that your order had been accepted shortly after you placed the order for your Seat it would appear that the dealer hasn’t put the paperwork through to Motability. This could mean you paying more if the price goes up before Motablity receive the order from the dealer.

Seat are slow with delivery just now so I think you’re going to have to be patient! I ordered my Alhambra mid March and it has apparently only been built last week so delivery’s going to be early September… I hope!!

• #29927 Reply

Geo

Cancelled my order with Seat Aberdeen. I dont know if its because there is no other Seat dealers and just no competition that these people can be so rude to customers. Think i got a lucky escape to tell you the truth and just ordered a Mini Countryman from the lass Amber Taylor.

• #29838 Reply

Soul292

Ordered a BMW 3 series mid June told eta was in September. Now delayed until Jan/Dec

• #29847 Reply

The little taffia

I ordered my Golf GTD last week of June. Dealer said end of September for delivery, however using VW’s tracker live web chat all build slots up to week 38 were full. Looking at a November delivery at the earliest, roughly 20 weeks which would be on par with what I had to wait for my Scirocco.

• #29881 Reply

Richard

So I got told Jan/Feb for BMW but just got phone call stating November week 47 😉

• #29900 Reply

Soul292

Great news Richard! What did you order? Which engine and when did you order?

• #29901 Reply

Richard

Sould I ordered the 318i touring and in June too.

get your order number from your dealer (7 digit code) then go onto BMW.co.uk go to build your bmw, then top right hand corner there is a blue square with a white chat bubble. Click I live chat ask them could they give you status of order number.. then they will tell you if any delivery date, much more instant than waiting for dealer update.

• #29920 Reply

The little taffia

I’ve just had the build week for my Golf GTD confirmed as week 37 after ordering in week 26. I thought at one point it would take as long as my Scirocco which was 25 weeks from ordering to delivery. Dealer reckons mid October for pick up which would make a 16 week lead time.

• #30698 Reply

Ish
    Participant

Skoda Superb SE L Executive 2.0 TSI DSG, Magnetic Brown, 19″ Acamar Alloys, Rear Camera, Front Parking Sensors, Heated Windscreen, Heated Washers, Rear Wiper.

Ordered July 8th (week 27), given build week of 37 today which is September 11th – September 17th.

• #33169 Reply

The little taffia

I’ll be picking up my Golf GTD DSG next Wednesday making it 16 weks from order to pick up.

• #33171 Reply

Paul

Hi Author,

Going to order mine on the 23rd Oct, I’m thinking Isaac Blue with Keyless entry. Not sure if I should order 90% Dark rear glass. What colour have you gone for and extra’s, Bet you can’t wait.

• #33176 Reply

Richard

Well when I inially places my 3 series touring order in May was told around jan, but the car is being produced next week ready for delivery nov 4-10

• #33179 Reply

The little taffia

Hi Paul. I ordered Indium Grey with adaptive chassis control as the only other option, car really doesn’t need any more as it is so well spec’d. The excellent DSG auto box was a must. I thought about the 90% glass because of the dog who resides in the boot but I’ve had 65% on a previous Scirocco and also as an option on an Audi and found it very effective. I thought such a dark glass on a dark colour could make it look a little van like.

• #33199 Reply

Justsaying

Just ordered Hyundai Tucson today factory build ready mid January other colour/interior combo were available earlier, end November,

• #33204 Reply

daisy

hi Gillian its mercedes

• #33206 Reply

Alan

Ordered a Scoda Octavia VSR in June, contacted the dealer today and was informed that the car was not even in the UK yet. He also said that it was difficult to track Motability orders, don’t know why. Has anybody else had any problems with Skoda dealers the one I have been dealing with is on the edge of being very dismissive.

• #33208 Reply

simplman

Alan, ordered my VRS end of july, was told 2 weeks ago it was built and in Germany waiting to be shipped should be ready any day  now.

• #33209 Reply

Nick

My local skoda dealer has 2 vrs cars in his show room 1 estate 240 petrol and 1 184tdi saloon. Was trying to get me to take 1 at a discount too make room in showroom both not reg so he was allowed to do this fair play but 100 off did not do it for me. He said would take 5 days as 2 days for.motabillty to approve and then 3 day sitting period what ever the hell that is .

• #33220 Reply

The little taffia

Mobility take 5 working days from the car arriving and being given notice of DVLA registraion to being handed over. I signed the confirmation of registration form yesterday afternoon, 5 working days gives a handover next Wednesday.

• #33225 Reply

Soul

Ordered a 3 series saloon mid June, was told september delivery, then it got delayed until first week January 2018. Now the date has come forward to dec 17th

• #33309 Reply

Immy

Ford Kuga ST line ordered in black this week 1.5 diesel auto. Being told 6 months!!! At least it’ll be an 18 plate I guess

• #33312 Reply

Stuart

Hi All, thought I help with the discussion by letting you know my experience of ordering a Seat Leon. So, on the 15th May I ordered a 1.4 Eco TSI Leon FR in Desire Red with optional performance alloys. On ordering I was told the car would be delivered in mid-July but later this changes to early September. Eventually a was told build week 36 (w/c 4th Sept) and after waiting and waiting I finally was able to pick the car up today (16th Oct).

Going from my previous motability car which was a Mark 7 Golf SE 1.4 TSI I’d say it was well worth wait, all the advantages of a VW Golf but with more attitude! 🙂

• #33314 Reply

Mike

Stuart I have the same Golf you have I’ve loved it due to pick up my next car next March so looking to order very soon I adore the Leon FR I’ve been to my seat dealer and he says a 3 month wait for Leon FR 1.4 tsi act dsg with 18 inch alloys now standard and desire red £75 I went for test drive in old 3 year old Leon FR but found ride hard but I’ve read in new updated 2017 model it’s fine is the ride a lot Harder than the Golf ?? At £249 AP it’s a bargain wish I could email you or send private message would love to see photo of the car cheers Mike

• #33315 Reply

Stuart

Hi Mike, the car does look stunning in desire red and is certainly turning a few heads. In comparison I would say that the engine is slightly quieter and smoother than the Golf. As for the ride I can tell it’s slightly harder, which may be down to the upgraded alloys or the stiffer suspension, but I certainly have no regrets. If you’re unsure I would have a test drive first. Happy to share a picture if you can let me know how to private message etc.

• #33316 Reply

Mike

I wish I knew how to private message can I put my email address on here ?? As you know the Golf range is around 500 miles on the tank so I’m sure the Leon with cylinder deactivation will be around the same ?

• #33318 Reply

POPS

Mike, please don’t put your personal email address on the Forum. It’s not advisable.

• #35284 Reply

Gavin

We ordered a Seat Leon 1.4tsi DSG in June and our car does not even have a build date yet

• #33317 Reply

Nick

I was also told 6 month wait for a titanium x kuga but for 999 ap seems worth it. My issue is don’t have a lot of up to date tech in them like lane assist.  Traffic sign which is standard on most cars with a lower ap. Also only petrol available with a bad review. That’s what’s putting me of kuga might just update kadjar or seat leon excellence st.

• #33319 Reply

Mike

Ok pops I’ve just phoned seat dealer and said the 1.4 engine in the Leon is to be a 1.5 to cope with demand ?

• #33320 Reply

The little taffia

I found the FR’s ride to be very firm, the 184 tdi, personally I didn’t mind it as it cut out a lot of body roll which plays hell with my spine. However the wife hated it and couldn’t wait to get out of the car. I thorougly enjoyed the test drive. The FR, I believe can have the adaptive chassis control as an optional extra and will give a much more comfortable drive.

The Golf GTD, which I’m picking up tomorrow, even on standard suspension was a much more comfortable and refined than the FR. Better seats with more padding. There is also more insulation from engine and road noise. For the deposits on the Seats they are seriously good cars with fantastic engines and automatic gear boxes.

• #33327 Reply

Mike

Has the Leon 184 tsi got a better suspension ? Do you mean in FR or excellence trim ?

• #33328 Reply

Mike

I think the Leon Fr looks gorgeous especially with the performance 18 inch alloys now standard but I’ve had 2 VW Golfs and have loved the ride quietness etc wish the New Golf SE Nav looked better !

• #33329 Reply

The little taffia

Excellence has a softer suspension than the FR giving a more comfortable ride. However some of the lower powered Leons, ie, below 148bhp, have a less sophisticated rear suspension as do similar powered Golfs.

• #33331 Reply

Mike

I think it’s a Golf 1.0 tsi dsg sat nav SE for me £349 I’ve read very good reviews

• #33336 Reply

Mike

Stuart how are you getting on with your new Seat Leon FR in desire red

• #33337 Reply

Mike

I’m having test drive in one next Tuesday

• #33340 Reply

The little taffia

Picking up my Golf GTD at 4 o’clock this afternoon.

• #33342 Reply

Paul

Hi Taff who’s a lucky lad then. yeah photo’s would be cool.

• #33341 Reply

gillan

love to see some pics taff.have fun!

• #33346 Reply

Nick

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I remember when i picked up a car a day late as I was ill the dealer went mad at me because they get fined of car is not collected on time. I phoned motability up and said it’s not the dealers fault I was sick and they said dealer should not have told you that yes they get fined but should not be talking to you about it</p>
     God knows what that’s about. Anyway it’s a great feeling sure we all had good pick ups and bad ones over the years but if anyone can beat my 2013 one let me.know new Vauxhall Astra st. Dealer drove it out of the showroom onto the grounds to hand over and bang engine blew up. It was not connected properly car was a right off lol o dear not impressed at all.

• #33358 Reply

Steve

Nick,

Motability give dealers 3 (maybe 4) days to hand a new car over. If they are late then Motability knock points from the dealers bonus.

Sorry but I can’t remember when the 3/4 days starts!

I used to work for a WAV converter.

If you are unable to pick a car up then the dealer should inform Motability and change the handover date so they don’t get penalised, to Motability the customer is very, very rarely wrong.

• #33361 Reply

teabag

anyone know waiting time for audi A4 ?

• #35091 Reply

Dean

My Step Father ordered a Honda CRV in July 2017 on the Motability scheme, he was suppose to take delivery in October 2017. But was told my the Honda dealer that it would be delayed till January 2018 and even possible April 2018.. But can’t find out any information to why so long..

• #35092 Reply

Garys

There is apparently a spec change on the crv due v early 2018 – maybe the dealer was / is trying for thst – otherwise no idea

• #35114 Reply

Chris

hi guys I’ve ordered Seat Leon Fr 184  tdi in the new blue colour  on 13th Oct 2017 ,Seat told me there is a high demand at the minute so can take 15 to 20 weeks my expected date is in March  2018

• #35278 Reply

Brook

Good luck with 15 to 20 weeks I ordered my Leon June 18th when it was a £0 down payment and free 18” wheel upgrade and was told 10 weeks when that time was up they gave me a week 46 November build date and within the space of the last week that changed to week 2 then week 6 and now week 12 March so that will be 39 weeks until they start building the car. I was expecting to pick up 67 plate and looks more like a 68 plate. The dealership told me to speak to Seat uk as 21 weeks should be the maximum wait and I should now be entitled to compensation but it’s like trying to get blood out of a stone. If anyone is thinking about a seat I would strongly think again or get something in writing.  This is my first mobility car and so far not a good experience

• #35435 Reply

Chris

Hi got my build date yesterday , there in week 47 now and my build date is week 50 , so it’s a 3week wait and then shipping is about 3weeks , that’s wot I’ve bin told ,Seat Leon fr 184 tdi  , it’s took 5week for me to get build date

• #35280 Reply

Justsaying

I would say get in whilst you can motability rules to manufacturers is 12weeks max from approved order to delivered, and as it causing a lot of problems and costing money they are sure to get tougher on this and cars will start disappearing from the scheme

• #35285 Reply

Gavin

We ordered our in June too and have not even had a build date yet. It’ our first mobility car too and we starting to worry a bit now as our car we have on pcp is due to go back in March. This will cause us no end of problems as I’ve either got to give our existing car back or pay the remaining finance and keep it.

• #35282 Reply

nick

I agree with the 12 weeks motability informed me they are going down the route of removing cars that take 4,5,6 month build times as its causing issues, as for seat its been 4-6 month wait since jan 17, unsure about the crv as when I looked into one se nav plus I was advised 10 weeks if not in group stock by Honda, not sure why their would be massive delays but as said new model maybe ?

• #35287 Reply

Justsaying

Amazing really when you take into account the claim that 1.6 cars are produced from the factory every MINUTE yes MINUTE let’s hope if your waiting you get the whole one and not the point six.

• #35290 Reply

Ish
    Participant

We ordered our Skoda Superb 8th August with numerous options and Skoda had it in stock by 1st November. We’re collecting it on the 23rd November. I seem to remember that took into account the factory shutting for a month either before or after we ordered so there would have been a month back log or delay.

• #35440 Reply

Mike

When did you order car at seat dealer Chris ?

• #35447 Reply

Chris

Hi mike at Seat in Manchester , I think I’ve got that date becoz the demand for petrol engine is really really high , so I chosen a diesel instead and it looks like it’s paying off

• #35448 Reply

Chris

Hi mike I ordered on the 13th October 2017

• #35458 Reply

Mike

Fantastic car Chris and with that engine multi link suspension I will see what the Ap is in January for the dsg fr 184bhp ?

• #35459 Reply

Mike

So total wait time kevin is around 3 month from ordering ?

• #35460 Reply

Mike

Sorry I mean Chris

• #35479 Reply

Chris

Fingers crossed mike

• #35655 Reply

Adam

Ordered my new Focus ST2 in October and it’s been delayed so won’t have it until end of January

• #35675 Reply

Ladi

Going by some of the stories here, I’m feeling rather lucky now. Ordered a BMW 3-Series Sport in the middle of November, and I got a delivery date of 30th Jan. Hopefully BMW will stick to this date.

• #35680 Reply

Alan

Good choice ladi.  Did you get any upgrades or any discount?

Ordered a 3 series sport petrol mid June. Expecting delivery end of December

• #36002 Reply

Ladi

Sorry for the late reply Alan. Yes I opted for the heated seats and got it added for free. Metallic paint and some other bits are inclusive in this model. Also it’s an auto.

• #37872 Reply

Chris

Me new seat Leon for 2.0 tdi 184ps is in the uk  and I sud have it in the next week ! Total time waiting 12weeks up to now ! Let u know when I receive car

• #37879 Reply

Nick

Be good to Chris as I’ve got an exellence st 184tdi on order from 22 Dec he said won’t get a build date until end of Jan or Feb and be looking at may delivery if I’m lucky. If that is the case I’ll cancel as when I placed order was told 15 weeks not 20 plus.

• #37904 Reply

Mike 700

Well, choices choices, so many cars, so little time?

I have had 5 new Volvo’s ( 4 work related XC’s and one private V60, and all on lease ) each if which I have been able to track from order to delivery, via the Volvo website – and delivery time for each , averaged 3-4 month’s from factory order to me picking them up at the dealership!

I now have a very reliable, quiet, roomy, comfortable Qashquai , via the excellent Motability scheme, with loads of kit on board and I am extremely happy with it, but the time is fast approaching ‘decision time’ for a replacement.

I have been looking at replacements, reading this site and the forum , all of which have helped me to make up my mind, and as I can’t have an Audi A5 Quattro S Line sportback , in metallic white like my son’s new car – parked it on a main road Wednesday evening, outside a restaurant, and I must admit that it attracted quite a lot of interest from passers by ( & it went like a bat out of hell )- then I have decided to go with the BMW X1 xDrive20i xLine 5dr AT, 4 x 4 perforated leather seats, 8 speed paddle shift autobox., auto tailgate, satnav and a host of other quality features , and all for the princely sum of £1399 AP!

Reasonably comfortable, little roll, quite quick off the mark, reasonably economical – seems like an excellent deal to me?

• #38585 Reply

Chris

Seat Leon for 2.0 tdi 184ps Just got  confirmation  I pick my car up on the 19th January at 11.30!  Cudnt come on a better day as it’s my birthday as well !!

• #38595 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Congrats, tell us how you get on with it, looking forward to mine, confirmation build week for mine is week 4, should have it around 2/3 week in February.

• #38633 Reply

Sian

we ordered a Volkswagen caddy in October, told delivery 27th November, 3 days before delivery got a call saying delayed until 22nd January and just taken a call 5 days before saying now delayed until 19th march

• #38635 Reply

Mike

Omg I hope my VW Golf isn’t as long my pick up date is 16th March

• #38639 Reply

lee

ordered a seat leon st 1.4tsi on august 7th 2017 got told there is a long wait and would be available by xmas, then got told 19th jan, called into dealers this week and got told it had been pushed back to estimated build date of march 5th but this was subject to change again, so cancelled my order and gone to vauxhall and can have the astra sri within 3 weeks. 7 months waiting for a car takes the biscuit even motability was shocked when i told them

• #38640 Reply

Markymate

That’s ridiculous, Lee. 7 months is way too long to wait for a car to be built and delivered.    Ordered my Skoda Kodiaq on the 2nd of Jan, received the build date yesterday, B/W 6, w/c 5th of Feb.  Should take delivery first week in March. Approximately 8/9 weeks from order to collection.  Skoda opened a second production line for the Kodiaq at the beginning of December to help clear the backlog, which has helped bring the waiting times down.

Good luck with your new car, had Vauxhalls for the last 6 years, and never had a single days problem.

• #38691 Reply

Chris

I’ll post pic when I pick up  the car ! Lee I got told there’s a really high demand for petrol engine with the Leon’s ! So went for a diesel! My wait time from order to picking up 13weeks

• #38692 Reply

Chris

Wots car have u gone for Vinnie ?

• #38693 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Leon st xcellence 1.4 ecotsi dsg in Desire red, saw one at the dealer and the colour is fab., don’t do enough mileage for diesel, and prefer petrol. Confirmed build week 4, next week, getting excited.

Ordered 7 November, with a delivery date of no later than end of March, so, fingers crossed, around 15/16 weeks.

Which model have you gone for?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Vinnie.
    • #38827 Reply

Trev

let us know how you get one once you get it Vinnie.

I got the st in the fr tech with the 1.4 ecotsi, although manual transmission.

Simply best car i’ve leased, engine has a lot of poke, a lot of fun to drive.

Would be interested what peoples take on the xcellence trim is, certainly be the 1st model i look at come renewal next year.

• #38742 Reply

Dave

Ordered a seat Leon fr 184 mystery blue October 7th my car is on a ship to the uk as of Monday this week. Anyone any idea when I will be able to pick up? The motability guy is a dick to deal with never returns my calls and makes me feel like I’m bugging him.

• #38835 Reply

The little taffia

My Scirocco had to come from Portugal and it took 20 days from shipping to get to the dealer. There was then the statutory five working days wait whilst the dealer and Motability sort out the paperwork and insurance. The biggest delay is usually getting the car from Sherness to the dealer, that took five days with my current Golf GTD. Worth the wait though that 184 engine just wants to pull and pull and if you have the DSG box that is certainly a marriage made in heaven. Expect economy in the mid to high 40s.

• #38810 Reply

Jane

Honda crv se nav petrol version ordered end of Oct got told Jan 24 now delay till March.that will be 5 and a half months.

• #39184 Reply

Dean

As of today my step father has been waiting 6 months for his Honda CR-V. Been pushed back three times. Suppose to get it this Thursday 25 January, just hoping he does get a call pushing back again.

• #40364 Reply

Jane

Cancelled it as delivery date came and found out it was not even built yet as there was a issue with that model

• #38823 Reply

Chris

Hi vinnie i ordered the mystery blue seat Leon fr 2.0 tdi 184 , I do love the new red colour as well ,

• #38824 Reply

Chris

Dave u will be looking at a other 4 or 5 weeks yet , it will soon be here

• #38836 Reply

Dave

Cheers Chris, much appreciated.

• #38860 Reply

Trev

when i ordered my Seat Leon a couple of years ago we were moving to a different part of the country in just 2 month from then.

I made it clear to the dealer that if it had to built it would be best for us to wait and order at a dealership when at our new place.

Desperate for our order the dealer found a model / trim we wanted in the colour we wanted in holding stock somewhere, but it had upgrades (larger tyres, and full link) which we didn’t want to pay for, but as the dealer wanted us to order from them they didn’t charge us and we got the car in about 3 weeks i think it was.

Just saying, as some people might not know, that it might be worth asking the dealer if they have holding stock within their network of the vehicle you want, as if so you could have it quicker.

• #38952 Reply

Chris

Pick my car up to day and I  absolutely  love it !! Was well worth the wait tbh

• #38985 Reply

Goldmember
      Participant

Great pick Chris, did you go for 3 or 5 door?

Please let us know your thought on the ride, road and tyre noise please……… is it fast? Haha nothing beats new car day!

Did you get a discount?

• #38969 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Happy Birthday, enjoy your car.

• #39151 Reply

Chris

Thank u Vinnie, goldmember it pulls like a train and I mean it pulls ! Very smooth to drive and tire and road noise isn’t even bad just like any other tbh and I got the 5dr

• #40365 Reply

Jane

No date for tiguan yet as there is high demand but dealer is keeping us updated and is checking daily.x

• #40425 Reply

ShaunM

Just been on with VW. Delivery estimate between 12 and 28 weeks depending on model

• #40366 Reply

Dave

picking my car up Tuesday seat Leon fr 184

• #40450 Reply

chris

Dave u are going to love it mate ! I’m in love with mine

• #40368 Reply

Mike

Keep us informed young Dave hope it’s nice day Tuesday to pick her up

• #40376 Reply

Dave

Will do Mike, praying for a nice sunny day ha.

• #40426 Reply

ShaunM

Just been on with VW. Delivery estimate between 12 and 28 weeks depending on model. BMW are saying 15 weeks for X1

• #40427 Reply

Trev
    Participant

Nice one Dave, look forward to hear what your initial thoughts on her are.

• #40532 Reply

Sian

Just had another delay on the Volkswagen caddy we ordered in October, now delayed for the 3rd time and is now supposed to be 16th April.

• #40538 Reply

Matt
    Participant

Ordered Peugeot 3008 GT Line 1.6 diesel auto on 15/12/17 and as promised car has been built and will be ready for me to pick up on 02/03/18 ready with 18 plate… Just have to pass my test on the 1st now!!!

• #40592 Reply

Rob

Can anyone help me please, I’ve ordered a BMW X1 on mobility. Please can you tell me how to track the build of my car. Send me a link or tell me a website. I can only find the USA one. I need the U.K. if it’s possible

Many Thanks

Rob

• #40601 Reply

Trev
      Participant

Found this, hope it helps…

• #40602 Reply

Trev
    Participant

Hopefully this is a bit bigger and easier to read…

• #40614 Reply

Rob

Thank you Trev, I’ll give it a try much appreciated

• #40621 Reply

Rob

Unfortunately I don’t think it works anymore. I build my car and there is no chat box 😔

• #40624 Reply

Trev
    Participant

Came up on the 1st page of the configurator for me https://www.bmw.co.uk/configurator#/

• #40644 Reply

Rob

Thank you Trev, but for some reason I can’t get it. It is probably because I’m using a iPad and also tried a android phone.

• #40711 Reply

Rob

Hiya all, can anyone advise me as to how long from BMW code 1100 (scheduled) to start of build please. It’s a BMW X1 if that helps

Many Thanks

Rob

• #40712 Reply

BritishBulldog

Have you tried the BMW live chat line that Trev found for you.????

• #40715 Reply

Rob

I think because I’m using a phone it doesn’t seem to work

• #40717 Reply

Markymate

Rob, just phone customer services, give them the order number, and they’ll tell how it’s going.

Just got off the phone to Skoda CS and mine has now been released for shipping.  Not long now!!

• #40721 Reply

Rob

Thank you Marky, I’ve done that and that’s how I found out the code. I was just wondering if anyone knew an average time. And I hope you have lovely times in your new car

• #40732 Reply

POPS

Rob, mine was about 8 weeks from code 1100 (scheduled) through to code 9800 (arrived at dealer), but that was almost a year ago.

• #40744 Reply

Rob

Thank you Pops, very helpful but gutted it’s that long lol

• #40747 Reply

Trev
    Participant

shhhhhhhhhh don’t let the Seat customers hear you say that! lol

• #40837 Reply

Markymate

Just an update.  I ordered my Skoda Kodiaq on the 2nd of January, and it’s now at Emden awaiting loading. So barring a sinking I’ll have it on March the 1st.  8 weeks from order to collection.  Not to bad I think.

• #40840 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Wow that’s good Markymate, not long for you either, enjoy 😊

• #40875 Reply

Dave

Well I picked my Leon fr 184 up this afternoon. Very impressed with the motor.  Got a decent pull its having a remap next week to to 230 BHP.

• #40876 Reply

Mike

My goodness Dave it will sure move at 230 bhp

• #40879 Reply

Dave

It certainly will Mike, you also get more economy too. Using revo remap really hard for dealer to detect.

• #40881 Reply

Goldmember
        Participant

very interesting, something ive had done before and I highly recommend it, ive never even considered it on a mobility car though, are you sure its not detectable?, what if they do detect it?, do you reset it when handing car back?, have you done this before on motability?

• #40880 Reply

Mike

Where are you having that done Dave ?

• #40896 Reply

Dave

Goldmember, They remap different to their companies mate, it’s 100% bomb proof but best out there. Mike I’m having it done in Manchester.

• #40897 Reply

Dave

Meant not 100% but best of the rest.

• #40898 Reply

Goldmember
    Participant

cheers Dave, that will be some motor when done, happy days

• #40899 Reply

Dave

Yup it will fly that’s for sure.

• #40905 Reply

POPS

Will posters please refrain from discussing remapping on the Forum. We’ve had some fiery discussions on here previously about remapping cars that are insured by Motability, and I’m concerned that posters could get themselves into hot water by following advice that may run contrary to our Motability lease contract.

Thank you.

• #40910 Reply

BritishBulldog

Sorry,but why would anybody want to remap a Motability car and invalidate the insurance with the consequence of putting themselves and others in danger as it really does beggar belief.

• #40923 Reply

Rob

Absolutely well said BritishBulldog. We are lucky enough to be able to have a system that makes our lives better.  Why would you want to abuse it?

• #40925 Reply

Dave

Nobody is telling u guys what to do I’m a free spirit and do wtf I want

• #40928 Reply

BritishBulldog

I don’t  think you can here .

• #40929 Reply

BigB

By remapping your engine and not informing your insurer you are in effect invalidating your insurance cover. Were you to be involved in a serious RTC I can assure you accident investigators do check EMUs for evidence of remapping. With no insurance cover you would be personally liable for damage to vehicles and compensation for any injured parties.

• #40930 Reply

Mike

Dave motability read this keep it quiet don’t want you to get into trouble

• #40931 Reply

POPS

Dave, you can do what ever you want to do, it’s up to you. Please don’t discuss it on here.

• #40932 Reply

Trev
    Participant

I see the Seat delays are still evident, someone on a Facebook group page just posted a photo of a letter he received today with a £250 cheque as compensation….. yet still not been given a build date!

• #40933 Reply

Dave

Fair doo’s chaps

• #41242 Reply

Rob

Update: well I phoned up bmw today and they said my car is scheduled for production status. So I phoned up my dealer and he checked on his computer and he told me they have started building it. Who is more likely to have the correct answer please

• #41261 Reply

POPS

Rob, I found that the dealership was generally more up to date than the BMW help line. The helpline was often a couple of code updates behind.

• #41270 Reply

Rob

Thanks Pops, that’s great news if that is the case

• #41323 Reply

Rob

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hiya, my dealership BMW told me that BMW email me when they start production.  Can anyone confirm if that is what they do please</p>

Reply To: New Car delivery Times
Your information: