New car day VW ID5

• Creator
    Topic
    Kjid5
    Participant

Yay !!! Picked up my ID5 style pro in grey this morning. As a reminder I ordered from stock 12 th Feb and car arrived at the dealership 3 weeks later !!! They’ve held it for me ever since. Because of this I felt for sure I’d be getting the old software and firmware that’s been so glitchy but NO it’s got all the up to date firmware over the air updates etc and is superb. Very happy. Photos will follow when I stop driving it around with a big smile on my face. Big thank you to Parkway motors who treated me as a normal customer throughout .

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Fastbike1000
      Participant

Nice one, enjoy the day with the manual 😁

kezo
        Participant

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it 🙂

MLH
          Participant

Good times! Hope you enjoy 🙂

MLH
            Participant

Nice one, enjoy the day with the manual 😁

I’ve been watching a bunch of YouTube videos, but am expecting it to take me about 3 months to get the hang of anything outside charging 😀

Kjid5
              Participant

Kjid5
                Participant

Kjid5
                  Participant

Oh it’s SO GOOD. You won’t be disappointed. I just accidentally turned on the driver assist ( I think that’s what it’s called ) and it virtually drove me around town slowing for roundabouts speeding back up , sensing the road hazards perfectly , knowing when speed limits changed. All I had to do was steer the wheel- GAME CHANGER for a disabled person. Obviously I didn’t trust it completely and hovered over the brake but it wasn’t necessary. Every doubt and concern I had about going electric or getting the ID5 completely out of the window. Completely the right choice for me.

MickC
                    Participant

Looks reyt nice,nowt like getting a car from “stock” thats fits the bill,cuts out all the anxiety and waiting.

joss

Super looking car. Happy new car day @kj35

Joss
                        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

MLH
                        Participant

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so much!

Hoping mine arrives before back end of summer, so I can do a few trial runs up the motorway before weather turns 🙂

DumfriesDik
                          Participant

Nice one, enjoy.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

MissingSound7
                            Participant

@kj35 – Nice symbolism with the photo of the car outside the maternity home. Long awaited new addition to the family, pricey but not as expensive as actual babies.

Looks great, enjoy.

Kjid5
                              Participant

@kj35 – Nice symbolism with the photo of the car outside the maternity home. Long awaited new addition to the family, pricey but not as expensive as actual babies. Looks great, enjoy.

hah!!

Kjid5
                                Participant

Trying to find excuses to go out in it. I’m slowly working all the stuff out. This new software is very responsive and the buttons have a good depression feel to them and are backlit ( all things the older model of the ID 5 were criticised for) . Boot is HUGE. I seem to be getting 3.2 miles/kwh which bearing in mind I’m playing around with it I don’t think is too bad

PeterF
                                  Participant

Is that 3.2 motorway?

Nice colour, but I am biased

Kjid5
                                    Participant

@peterf it’s a great colour seems to hide muck too. It’s the free one so I think that why people avoid it but I really like it. No, not done motorway yet it’ll get a run out tomorrow of a 160 mile round trip motorway so we’ll see then. Ohme charger app seems not to be speaking to the charger and I can’t work out why but the VW app and octopus EV intelligent go are all working ( perhaps they’re overriding the Ohme ?) and it charged on 7.5 p smart rate last night so 🤷‍♀️. It’s enormous- the pictures don’t do it justice makes it look like a normal car but I just parked it next to a Range Rover and it was similar sized and the id5 wheels were far bigger ( makes for an extremely comfortable ride) .

PeterF
                                      Participant

First thing I noticed with my 4 was the height. Especially coming from an A class…

I’m getting 6.5 to 10 m/kwh around town to 40 mph ish. Seeing 4.2 average motorway at 70mph in mine. Goes to 4.6 at 60mph.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by PeterF.
                                        Kjid5
                                        Participant

@peterf that’s incredible efficiency. We are getting around 3.3 but then we are playing with EVERYTHING. Maps /aircon/ acc/ heated seats ( I know heated seats and air con sounds weird but a spine made of metal has interesting needs) . Intelligent octopus go is brilliant I put what time I want the car charged for and to what percentage and it maps when it charges depending on low grid usage. Even if outside of the 11.30 pm to 4.30 am low tariff if it decides the grid usage is low it charges the car and still gives us the 7.5 p rate. So far I cannot fault anything about either the new model id5 or BEV in general. I’m a convert.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.