New car day! My Tiguan is here…

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #99011 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

The wait is over and I finally got my hands on this beaut today. Stunning to drive and so much tech it’ll take me months to get my head around it.

Huge thanks to Aaron at Marshall’s of Oxford for sorting me out. Absolutely seamless deal and a fabulous £400 off the AP.

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #99012 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Congratulations Dougie. She looks absolutely gorgeous. I hope you enjoy.
    Safe driving. 👍👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#99019 Reply

Just2Fish

If only they could make the Alhambra look like a stretched Tiguan I’d be even happier, as it is I need the extra space of the Alhambra. I can dream though. Nice one!

#99021 Reply

Philjb

Very nice.

Im sure you’ll love it, ours is a year old now and just ticked over 18k trouble free miles. Engine and Dsg box loosened up nicely now.
    Averaging 52.5 mpg not bad for a heavy 4×4 suv

#99043 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Looks like they nailed the delivery time too – had a peek on your earlier post and saw you ordered 3 months ago to almost to the day with an ETA at the time of early December.  Ordered my R-Line late October and was given a delivery estimate of Late Jan early Feb – if your timeline is anything to go by, should be pretty close…

#99049 Reply

JS

Ooh shiny new car for xmas, nice Enjoy.

#99050 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

I ordered mine in September but was lucky because Marshalls had already ordered one for stock. My lease expired on the same day as I picked it up. Perfect timing.

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#99056 Reply

poetry6666
    Participant

Hi DougieB

I am sure that you will be loving your new car. I took a test drive in a white Tiguan RLine 2.0lt 150bhp diesel DSG last week and really liked it. The week before I drove an Allspace Tiguan Match with the same engine with 190 BHP and it was really nippy. I’ve decided on the RLine DSG and will be ordering it this month, I’m going for Indium Grey. Just one question, how do you find the ride on the 20″ wheels, while on the the test drive I thought ride was a little bouncy. So, I was thinking of adding the dynamic chassis control option at £850 but not sure its worth it?

Enjoy!!

Current Car: Skoda Yeti 1.2lt 115bhp SEL Petrol DSG in Quartz Grey.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  poetry6666.
    #99060 Reply

POPS

The black and chrome make quite a statement …. Almost menacing, lol. Enjoy.

#99117 Reply

George

Stunning car

#99120 Reply

Winston

Congratulations Dougie!

i hope and I’m sure you’ll have many miles of happy and safe motoring!

quite a few of us now on here with the same car so if you have any questions just ask them 🤣🤣

you’re next @anneka

#99127 Reply

Philjb

Poetry i don’t think you need the active suspension tbh it’s not a hot hatch the standard set up copes well with normal driving.
    Id definitely test drive one with active suspension before spending the cash.

#99141 Reply

Anneka

Happy new car day @dougieb ur car is a absolute black beauty (pun fully intended)

@winston I’m so excited now fingers crossed.

#99162 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

The wait is over and I finally got my hands on this beaut today. Stunning to drive and so much tech it’ll take me months to get my head around it. Huge thanks to Aaron at Marshall’s of Oxford for sorting me out. Absolutely seamless deal and a fabulous £400 off the AP.

I am seriously jealous lovely motor

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#99163 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Please keep us informed on mpg etc

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#99167 Reply

brydo

Dougie it looks fantastic and we already know its a great car so great choice.

#99176 Reply

poetry6666
    Participant

Hi Philjb

Thanks for your reply. I only got a short test drive of the RLine and it was lashing down with rain at the time but I had a longer test drive of the Allspace, which was comfortable and a bit more of a supple ride. The RLine with its sports suspension was noticeably more planted on the road but it did jiggle around a bit but was never uncomfortable. I just wondered if the DCC would make it a little more of a supple ride.

Are there any owners of the RLine on these forums do you know?

Thanks

Poetry6666

#99230 Reply

Winston

There is absolutely loads I think lol

I don’t think for a minute you’ll struggle to get comfy or with long journeys on the 20s even with sports suspension, it’s no sports car

just a big comfy cruiser in my eyes that’s happy to eat up the miles on the motorway and more nimble than you think around town

it’s well made and comfy , it doesn’t feel in anyways hard or harsh below you

my mum has a 10 yr old Renault Scenic or something with 16inch wheels , on fat tyres and that’s a bone shaker lol

so if I were you I’d save your pennies and stay clear of the fancy suspension that you’ll never need 👍🏻

#99318 Reply

cb2011
    Participant

Loving mine except for a bit of wind noise from the drivers window area, anyone else notice this? booked in to dealer to have a look.

#99329 Reply

Dave h

Wind noise not a issue for me.

But I’m having problems with seating position I’ve got Ronnie Corbett legs and the base of the seat seems just a inch too long I’ve been getting dead leg and tight hamstring I bought a lumbar pad which just moves me slightly forward which gives me space behind my knees which is helping it maybe that it’s just the side bolsters because when  I test drove i never noticed  maybe they will soften slightly I’ve come from golf gtd so i realise its gonna be different. The thing with gtd sports seats which are the best seats I’ve ever had in a car is the side base bolsters end before the front of seat as to not foul the back of my leg but as for the tiguan itself lovely motor

#99330 Reply

Winston

If you look on the Tiguan Mk2 forum there are threads about the wind noise, I think it’s pretty common tbh , mines is noticeable without a doubt , as is my friends

I’m not going to get it booked into for that though, when it’s due it’s first service or something else pops up I’ll get them to look at it and the glovebox which has a mind of it’s own when I go to close it lol

but for the moment I can live with the noise

#99350 Reply

Philjb

No unusual wind noise on ours? Certainly no louder then any other cars I’ve owned.

#99351 Reply

cb2011
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, i drove it 50 miles on the motorway today with masking tape and it made a big difference, so something not quite right, not noticeable until about 50 mph. but wow is it spoiling the drive.

#99352 Reply

cb2011
    Participant

loving the black, I have the silver and haven’t seen another in silver yet.

#99358 Reply

Winston

@cb2011 might sound like a daft question but did you apply the tape on the inside or out? What part/parts did you cover exactly?

#99362 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Might be worth trying some HEKO wind deflectors, they’re only around the 25 quid mark and make such a difference and also allow you to open the window when it is/has been raining without a bucket of water pouring in on your arm and the electric window controls.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: New car day! My Tiguan is here…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: