New 2020 Volkswagen Golf Mk8 leaked in full

• Creator
    Topic
  • #93086 Reply
    Brydo

A German newspaper has mistakenly released images of the Volkswagen Golf Mk8 ahead of its planned launch later today
    Undisguised images of the Mk8 Volkswagen Golf have been leaked by a German daily newspaper, ahead of the car’s launch later today. The Golf will undergo its biggest transformation in 45 years, with Volkswagen rolling out new hybrid technology, slimming down the car’s line-up and completely revamping its interior design.

The leaked images follow Volkswagen’s recent official sketches, which teased the new Golf’s exterior and interior design. Comparing the two sets of images, it seems that most of the design features in the sketches will be transferred onto the production model.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-leaked-in-full

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #93094 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Well if thats the best they can do for a complete re vamp i thinks its a bit of a poor effort. I prefer the previous model both interior and exterior.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#93098 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I spotted this, this morning too Brydo.
    Seems VW are claiming a complete redesign akin to Porsche. ??

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#93103 Reply
    SarahN
    Participant

Hopefully they revamp their Sat-Nav. The current one is awful

#93114 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

That’s just the old car with a new interior.

When it comes to redesigning cars VW are at the bottom of the pile for imagination.

#93142 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Sarah my sat nav is fine love it in my Golf what don’t you like about it ?

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#93185 Reply
    Kev

Current sat nav is VAG cars is awesome?

#93191 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Is indeed Kev

#93206 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

WOW, another car designer with a photo copier.

#93223 Reply
    DBtruth

The only thing I don’t like is the word Golf on the boot lid. I don’t think they need to shout about what it is as everyone already knows.

I’m guessing they’ve done it to keep in line with the other models t-roc/t-cross etc.

#93249 Reply
    Dave h

Here’s a video not keen on it myself

#93266 Reply
    Philjb

I like it it’s obviously a golf so why try and completely change their best seller.
    At least it doesn’t look gimmicky for the sake of it. So it should be straight forward ergonomics.

#93346 Reply
    SarahN
    Participant

We have a 3yr old Golf GTD and we find the Sat Nav iffy at best. Unless I’m doing something wrong (most likely), we just use a Tom Tom on a mobile phone. It’s just not very accurate and we can’t type in postcodes, so have to go through street addresses, general areas etc. Again, it’s probably something I’m doing wrong if everyone else likes it.

#93348 Reply
    brydo

When buying any VW you know you will get a very good car, what you won’t get is an eye catcher. VW are VERY conservative with their designs but it seems to work as there are millions on the road.

#93355 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes Brydo and what car reviews fab I’m on my third Golf ride is amazing and so quiet but alas boring to look at

#93356 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Is Sarah having the sat nav in her new car ?

#93362 Reply
    Dave h

Yes I have gtd and sat nav is pants dropped wife and in laws off down looe in August going and coming back gave me 4 different routes including one down a dodgy country lane was expecting to come across a shack with the family out of wrong turn living there

#93393 Reply
    Philjb

The Tiguan has an app you can load destinations to your say nav straight from google maps or your phone.
    you can also turn the route choices off so it just chooses the fastest, shortest, or avoiding motorways ot tolls.

I think the system works fine compared to my older models.

#93634 Reply
    Ian

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of when the mk8 will land on the list? Q1?

Was supposed to order car in June but been swapping to pip (fun) so could not.

Was about to pull the trigger on a Leon when I saw the mk8 announcement and love my current GTD would stick with Golf if the AP’s come back to being reasonable.

#93638 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Ian I’m on my third Golf I’m sure the new Golf and Leon will have hybrid versions available from what I’ve read

#93676 Reply
    Brydo

I use an app called Waze when going on a longer journey as it takes you on routes that avoid any delays on the road tailbacks accidents roadworks etc

#93695 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

As always – Thomas over at Autogefühl with the best reviews for any new car on the internet!

#93775 Reply
    Kev
    Participant

So frustrating we don’t get the gti or r. Especially when they are so cheap to lease.

#93778 Reply
    Kev
    Participant

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-volkswagen-golf-pictures-performance-on-sale-date

‘Engines are puny.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Kev.
    #93803 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

At least it underlines that VW can get a bit funky with colours when they want to eh?

#93807 Reply
    DBtruth

Are there any benefits to having mild hybrid tech other than a 10% decrease in fuel consumption?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: New 2020 Volkswagen Golf Mk8 leaked in full
Your information: