New 2020 Skoda Octavia sweeps in with plug-in power and upmarket interior

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Winston 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #96214 Reply

Brydo

New Skoda Octavia hatchback and estate to hit UK showrooms next year with mild hybrid and plug-in hybrid power
    Skoda has followed up the new Scala hatchback with a fresh incarnation of the popular Octavia – the car that has arguably come to define the brand since Volkswagen Group acquisition in 1991.

The Octavia story started well before then though. The nameplate celebrates its 60th anniversary in 2019, and this new version is technically the fifth-generation model overall, and the fourth to emerge under VW Group direction. Over 6.5 million have hit the road since 1959, and this new version is the first Octavia to be offered with plug-in and mild-hybrid powertrains. A hot vRS model using an electrified drivetrain looks likely to become a part of the line-up in due course.

• Skoda Octavia Estate prototype review

Under the metal the new Octavia uses the VW Group’s widely used MQB front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive platform, though the newcomer sits on a freshly modified version of the toolkit utilised under the latest Mk8 Volkswagen Golf, allowing for new engine and driver assistance technologies to make their debut.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/octavia/104231/new-2020-skoda-octavia-sweeps-in-with-plug-in-power-and-upmarket-interior

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #96219 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Very nice looking car.

#96225 Reply

Mike

Looks lovely

#96226 Reply

Mike

#96228 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#96229 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Love the new Grill at the front

#96230 Reply

brydo

Mike 34 miles on battery alone is pretty decent as well.

#96231 Reply

DBtruth

I like the look of this and I think the interior looks great. I’ll also be interested to see if they go with a hybrid or electric VRS model. I’d be happy to see more performance hybrid/electric cars in the world.

#96237 Reply

brydo

I wish I could get Mrs brydo in and out of a saloon car as there are a few I like the look of.

Dbtruth virtually all BEVs are faster than their ICE counterparts so I imagine your wish will be delivered over the next few years.

#96238 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo it’s great to have you back I’ve missed.you did you apply for cinema card?

#96247 Reply

Brydo

Mrs Brydo said she would deal with it but we have had a bit of a hard time of it over the last week or so with her health so not sure if she has got round to it.

If she hasn`t i will get it sorted.

Its good to be back Mike, batteries recharged and ready to go lol.

#96251 Reply

Winston

Nice to see you to see you………. nice ??

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: New 2020 Skoda Octavia sweeps in with plug-in power and upmarket interior

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: