New 2020 Mercedes GLA arrives to tackle the BMW X2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

The all-new Mercedes GLA compact SUV gets the latest A-Class tech and engines, plus a complete styling overhaul
      This is the all-new Mercedes GLA: the latest – and smallest – addition to the brand’s exhaustive SUV family. When it goes on sale in the spring of 2020, it’ll take on the likes of the BMW X2 and Audi Q2.

But small though it is by the standards of the GLC, GLE and GLS, compared to its predecessor, the new GLA has morphed into a more SUV-appropriate shape. While the old model stood at 1,507mm tall – barely any higher than a standard hatchback – the new car’s roof has risen by 104mm. Combined with an overall length that’s dropped 14mm, the overall look is chunkier and more upright than before.

• Best small SUVs and crossovers

While the recently-released GLB has a square, boxy stance, the GLA is a little softer around the edges – something that partly helps it to achieve a low aerodynamic drag figure of 0.28. Many design elements, particularly around the back, are reminiscent of the A-Class, while the headlights get a thicker, rounder look to separate them from the brand’s hatchback.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/gla/98332/new-2020-mercedes-gla-arrives-to-tackle-the-bmw-x2

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      mitch
      Participant

looks nice the b class cockpit was a nice place to be,so if this is as good it could be a consideration depending on price. i ruled the old model out as it wasnt much higher than a saloon that extra 10cm could make a difference for me.

Georgie

Would we have to pay extra to NOT have the juvenile red or turquoise interior trim?  Because it looks rather good, otherwise.

mitch
          Participant

the turquoise is led lighting, you can change the colours.only available with some packs i think if its like the b class.

wmcforum
            Which Mobility Car

Hopefully the driver will be able to actually see out of the rear/side of this one!

vinalspin
              Participant

Put some plastic trim around the wheel arches and raise the suspension a small amount over the standard car that was very low anyway makes it just about the same height as most normal hatchbacks but merc laughingly call this an “SUV” as that is the type of vehicle that dominates the market right now and hope people will be fooled by comparing it to the standard car it will undoubtedly be sat next to in their showrooms! Joke.

My good friend had a top spec GLA for 4 years before picking up a new Tig

man I hated that thing , was like sitting in a brick on wheels, could hardly see out the thing , Garmin SatNav packed in after a year and was in the garage far too many times for a brand new motor

Mike

It looks silly to me

ZedSix

According to What Car…

On sale Spring 2020 | Price from £35,000 (est)

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-mercedes-gla-family-suv-revealed-price-specs-and-release-date/n20624

Elliot
                      Participant

£35k is way too much for that.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.