New 2019 Volkswagen Golf: latest spy shots show Mk8's shape

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ChrisK 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75486 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

A new Mk8 Volkswagen Golf is due this autumn, and the latest spy shots show it almost completely undisguised
    Development of the all-new Volkswagen Golf continues, and the latest spy shots show the eighth generation family hatchback undergoing testing before its official reveal at a special event a few weeks after the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. We’ve seen the big selling Ford Focus rival testing previously, and these images show the new Golf with minimal disguise and riding on more modest wheels.

The overall profile of the Mk8 Golf suggests an significant growth in length, while the distinctive kinked C-pillar teased in early design sketches is out in plain sight. The nose of the car is longer and the grille and headlights appear to sit lower than before.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-2019-volkswagen-golf-latest-spy-shots-show-mk8s-shape

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75493 Reply

Darlochap
    Participant

It looks like one person drew it from the nose to the start of the windscreen then knocked off for the day and I dunno maybe the office cleaner finished it off

#75494 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Mikey i think its standard fair from VW not very inspiring apart for the Scirocco which i think is a cracking looking car.

#75498 Reply

Darlochap
    Participant

I did like the scirocco but it had the widest sill ever to cross when getting in and out of it lol

that golf does look very bland and a bit bulbous at the back end but I guess change it too much and it wouldn’t be a golf anymore

#75500 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Mikey it seems to work there are many happy VW owners on this site so they are doing something right.

#75502 Reply

Philjb

I think they are frightened to change their winning formula too much, the ford and other makes look more interesting then in that shot.

But so much will depend on the tech and about how it drives?

#75576 Reply

Georgie

It looks depressed.

#75578 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Latest spy shots ?

I think they just took a photo of a C reg polo

(Google stock photo)

#75581 Reply

Mike

I’m on my third Golf and this shape looks just as boring but the ride and gearbox I love let’s hope their is a hybrid version

#75583 Reply

JS (justsaying)

My pole C formel E was ahead of its time, I’m sure it thought it was a Hybrid at the beginning of the month it would run fine on normal fuel and towards the end it would get by on fumes, it was just as happy to be towed or even go quite well being pushed.

#75588 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I guess VW have borrowed the photocopier from Porsche to design their new cars again!

#75646 Reply

Mike

The designer of the new Golf is a silly sausage

#75648 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I guess VW have borrowed the photocopier from Porsche to design their new cars again!

No surprises there as VW own Porsche, or does Porsche own VW? 🤷‍♂️

Always been a question as to who owns Porsche but according to sources it’s been said that VW own Porsche who in turn is owned by Porsche Automobil Holdings SE.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: New 2019 Volkswagen Golf: latest spy shots show Mk8's shape

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: