New 2019 Mercedes GLB SUV to cost from £34,200

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85332 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

The chunky new Mercedes GLB is on sale now, starting from just over £34k and rising to almost £46k
    Mercedes has announced that the new GLB SUV is now available to order in the UK, priced from £34,200 and rising to £45,950 for range-topping all-wheel-drive cars, with first deliveries expected this December.

Four trim levels have been confirmed for the brand’s new Audi Q3 and Land Rover Discovery Sport rival. As standard, the base-model GLB 200 Sport comes with 18-inch alloy wheels, aluminium roof rails, LED headlights, two-zone climate control, heated front seats, faux leather upholstery, a seven-inch digital instrument binnacle and a seven-inch dash-mounted infotainment screen.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/glb/107102/new-2019-mercedes-glb-suv-to-cost-from-34200

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86139 Reply

mercman

At that price point, will this be likely to appear on the scheme? (Noting that the Price Cap Rules appear to be flexible)

#86164 Reply

UncJ
    Participant

Cars are going up and up in price yet Motability’s stupid £30,000 price cap has still yet to keep pace. It’s highly frustrating to say the lease especially as this is a car that will meet a lot of customers criteria with it’s height and easy access.

#86167 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Mercman its certainly in the ball park, but as with all motability car’s the manufacturer will need to give large discounts, so its down to Mercedes and how many they want/need to sell.

#86192 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The thing is though Brydo Motability need to charge a certain amount as an Advance Payment then add that to the 3 years PIP payments and then still be able to make a profit selling the car at the end of the 3 year lease, this car and quite a few like it will hold on to a large portion of it’s value in 3 years time so even though it’s more expensive initially it should still leave them with a healthy profit.

They must know this but are yet to raise the cap to include cars such as this and to be honest the fact they haven’t raised the cap has actually removed lots of cars that have gone up in value, gonna be a barren place if it stays that way much longer.

#86196 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Vinalspin if you have read some of my previous posts on motability operations you will know I am all for the total removal of the cap. It serves no purpose and as long as motability protect those on the scheme who need it the most removing the cap completely would only help the scheme.

As far as I’m aware there are 1,500,00 people receiving PIP but only 600,000 in the scheme, anything that attracts more people is good for all of us, so IMO removing the cap would be good for us all.

#86197 Reply

Tomas (Tomas)

Very true vinalspin the number of cars leaving the scheme due to the price and bhp caps is becoming ridiculous.

#86215 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

My short term memory is fried so I probably have but it still gets me that we’re a couple of years on and still no adjustment for the market from Motability, how can such a large business not have someone checking this kind of thing on a daily basis and keeping up with the times is baffling to me.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: New 2019 Mercedes GLB SUV to cost from £34,200

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: