New 2019 BMW 1 Series teased ahead of official reveal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar DBtruth 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #76947 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

A lightly camouflaged M-Sport edition of the third-generation BMW 1 Series has been caught on camera lapping the Nurburgring
    Ahead of the official reveal of the new BMW 1 Series, the German firm has issued a fresh batch of teaser images. These latest shots give us our best look yet of the production model’s styling, as well as our first official glimpse at the 1 Series’ interior and digital gauge cluster.

BMW’s third-generation Audi A3 and Volkswagen Golf rival has received a substantial rethink over the outgoing model. Following in the footsteps of its competitors, the new 1 Series hatch has ditched its rear-wheel drive layout in favour of a new front-wheel drive platform, borrowed from the latest MINI.

• New BMW 118i prototype review

Despite this, the German brand has chosen to evolve the hatchback’s styling rather than give it a dramatic overhaul, so not to discourage loyal buyers. The 1 Series is one of BMW’s biggest sellers, so styling changes are modest and restrained for the new model, being limited to an updated face, revised rear end and a more cab-forward design.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/1-series/87338/new-2019-bmw-1-series-teased-ahead-of-official-reveal

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #77503 Reply
    Marcus

Another car that was first available for under 25’s and will be pushed out as well. Same way the A Class and the A3 have been removed for younger drivers.

#77506 Reply
    Moreton5

Has it not recently had a styling update?

#77920 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

New BMW 1 Series revealed: specs, pricing and full details

BMW’s new 2019 1 Series targets the VW Golf, going front-wheel drive for the very first time. On sale now priced from £24,430.
    This is the all-new BMW 1 Series, a thoroughly re-engineered version of the German manufacturer’s entry-level model. It’s on sale now priced from £24,430, with first customer deliveries due in September.

For its third generation, the 1 Series has undergone its most dramatic transformation since the car was launched in 2004. Based on customer feedback, BMW has focused on increasing practicality, so the hatch is now larger than before, while the brand’s compact car line-up will see the three-door 2 Series Coupe morph into a five-door Gran Coupé.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/1-series/106960/new-bmw-1-series-revealed-specs-pricing-and-full-details

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#77921 Reply
    DBtruth

I’m not sure how I feel about the new 1 series at the moment. I like the new interior and it that was definitely due for a change. However, the exterior now looks very similar to an a class, golf, i30 etc etc. For me, the 1 series used to offer something a bit different in that class. Long bonnet, rear drive and now they’ve taken those things away I feel like the 1 series has lost some of its identity. There’s no chance I’d ever get a 1 series myself but I always liked the fact it was a little bit different. Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see one in real life but at the minute it’s almost as disappointing as when I saw the mk3 Seat Leon and they’d scrapped the hidden back doors and the windscreen wipers that wiped the other way

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: New 2019 BMW 1 Series teased ahead of official reveal

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: