Nearly 16 week wait for Kuga

• Creator
    Topic
  • #28405 Reply
    Silverback
    Participant

We ordered our first Mobility car in Feb we have now been informed the car will not be ready until mid June.

What is going on? we were told 12 weeks now it is going to be nearly 16 weeks.Luckily we still have our own car although I am struggling getting in and out hence why we wanted the Kuga.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #28423 Reply
    Lee lee

Don’t surprised if it’s from longer than that B-MAX he’s supposed to be on flushing it should be here  in 2weeks on Wednesday it will be six weeks I wouldn’t trust the ford dealer’s to telll truth ask for the VIN number and ‘you can  see if it’s built?

#28426 Reply
    Littledave

You’re lucky, still waiting for the SEAT Alhambra we ordered in December. Latest information is June.

#28481 Reply
    Ish

12 – 16 seems about norm. That’s about the length of time our previous 3 cars have taken and enquiring with various dealerships now this is the time scale they are giving.

#28483 Reply
    AlanA

Manufacturers do not keep vast stocks of models anymore, so orders are built as they are inputted. Add to that the newness and bigger demand for the latest models, start up issues (suppliers not being to ramp up as quick as expected) build issues that appear, then 16 weeks is average

#28486 Reply
    Mal.

I’ve ordered my kuga st with all the trimmings. Ap £2,500. Payed £450 deposit. Ford put order in on the 11th May. even though I’m not due to replace until 10th September. Because of the wait time. As ford have said once the car is built and leaves the factory, it then is out of there hands when the shipping company decides to ship. Which is like asking how long is a piece of string.

#28490 Reply
    Ish

Mal, how have you managed to order so far in advance? I didn’t think you could order until you had the letter from motability telling you that it’s time.

#28491 Reply
    Mal.

Hi    ish Ford have ordered the car on there system but can’t actually place order with motability until 10th June. Ford have done this to make sure I have my car on time. Hope that clears up your query ish.

#28492 Reply
    Mal.

And I would say if any dealership says they can’t do this then in my eyes the option is simple TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE.!!! as there is no need to put up with unreasonable dealers. As there are plenty who will want your business and who are reasonable.

#28493 Reply
    pauly1960
    Participant

Hi Mal which Kuga have you ordered and what spec have you got for £2,500 if you don’t mind me asking.

Paul.

#28494 Reply
    Mal.

Hi I’ve ordered the kuga st 1.5 auto tinted windows- large rear spoiler front/back sensors self-park – sat navigation- interior ambient lighting original ap is £1445 but with extras comes to £2225 ap. So it’s actually under the £2,500 I quoted earlier.

#28495 Reply
    Mal.

And to be honest I thought that the 1.5 would not be enough but how wrong I was…I was very surprised at the pull, given the Kuga is quite a large vehicle. My Kia sportage is a 1.7 and I can’t feel or notices any difference power wise.

#28496 Reply
    Mal.

Oh forgot the reverse camera system, and the sports aluminium pedals aswell, pauly1960.

#28497 Reply
    pauly1960
    Participant

Thank you Mal for the Information, but would like the 2.0 model if possible. I have the 2.0 kuga titanium x at the moment 64 plate with pan roof, full leather, power tailgate every extra you could think of or may be the ford edge if it comes on the scheme??????????? Not due to change the Kuga until Jan 2018.

Paul.

#28498 Reply
    Mal.

Yes I would of loved the 2.0ltr myself but unfortunately they are rapidly removing the larger engines off the scheme. And motability can say that isn’t the case but the facts are there to say otherwise. And I mentioned the edge in the dealership. I just got a look and grin to say no chance. We’ll be lucky if the St remains that’s why I’ve ordered now rather than waiting for quarter3. I’ve contacted motability on many issues and holes in the system and it was pointless as u get no straight answers.

#28499 Reply
    Mal.

And some people say we should be grateful for the cars. I say it’s not that I’m ungrateful for the car but I’m more GRATEFUL FOR PAYING INTO THE SYSTEM FOR 25YRS which allows me not to feel I’m getting it for nothing or making me feel like I have to go cap in hand. And in reality the people who work for motability benefit more financially than the disabled people it’s there for. Unless they earn under  £10,000 per annum which equates to £5.68ph. Which I believe they are payed more than that, so again you can’t hide the facts.

#28500 Reply
    Silverback
    Participant

Mal I thought Satnav was standard on Titanium and above that’s what we were told.

We ordered the 1.5 Titanium 182bhp petrol auto AWD.It came with the roof bars, tinted windows “appearance pack” for free.Ford also had a deal on for free upgrade to metallic paint we went for an exclusive colour and paid the difference.

We also paid for the heated seats and steering wheel “winter pack” and the park assist all extras were £1049 it should have been nearly another £1000.The ambient lighting is standard on titanium model don’t know why it isn’t on the ST.

#28501 Reply
    Mal.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Lol I had that exact same argument with ford UK motability not the dealership but ford motability themselves. And yes it clearly states on the titanium these things come as standard and even when you turn the page to the st-line it clearly states that you get everything that is standard on the titanium aswell as additional equipment. Yet Ford’s response is yes it is standard on titanium and yes it does say you get all that as standard on St line but because Ford have put NB NEXT TO THE STANDARD KIT. IT’S NOW NO LONGER STANDARD.??????????? I’ll let you try figure that one out as like I said above you can’t get a straight answer off any of them.</p>

#28502 Reply
    Mal.

You do get the sat navigation as standard but that’s it. Everything else is extra.

#28503 Reply
    Mal.

Apologies the sensors and park assist is standard too. Don’t want Ford emailing me saying I’m giving wrong information. They’d love that.!!!!

#28504 Reply
    Silverback
    Participant

I may have to give Ford Motability a call to confirm what they already told me in Feb I have the call recorded. I do know we had several special offers like the appearance pack and paint if we ordered before March 31st but park assist was an optional extra.

I was told by the dealer and Ford motability all the items listed in the brochure are included as standard .If the car is not exactly as described and what we agreed to when I signed then I will reject it.

#28505 Reply
    Mal.

Good luck with that. As even the Ford dealership representative found it misleading so much so she even rang the owner of the franchise to question it. At that point the owner of the Ford franchise advised his staff member to call Ford UK MOTABILITY direct. But like I said above because Ford have put “NB” next to some of the standard equipment it MAGICALLY no longer available as standard. The worrieing thing of it all is the deeper you go down the rabbit hole the more disturbing the surroundings become.

#28506 Reply
    Mal.

The actual scheme itself can be made so much simpler and 100% Transparent, but for unknown reasons???? It’s purposely made to be so complex and complicated you have to have an IQ the same as  ALBERT EINSTEIN.!!! just to figure out the actual reality of it all. You then have to ask yourself why? Mmmm.

#28507 Reply
    Mal.

But regarding your order silverback anything that was agreed at the time of your order has to be honoured. But unfortunately if the park assist was an added extra then but standard now you wouldn’t get that.

#28509 Reply
    Silverback
    Participant

Hi Mal we paid for the park assist it cost us £354.17 + V.A.T

Our order was placed before the last Motability listing changed it’s sounds like Ford have altered their listings.

#28510 Reply
    Mal.

Yeah my understanding you won’t get that refunded silverback even though it’s given this quarter as standard. As your order was in the last quarter. It’s like the appearance pack last quarter was £400 but this quarter that same appearance pack is now £2650.!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Nearly 16 week wait for Kuga
Your information: