Mercedes-Benz now on Motability Scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    Sunflower12
    Participant

Hi, I posted earlier that my local Mercedes-Benz dealership called me this afternoon to advise they are back on Motability and will soon be going live. They gave me models/specs and pricing information. However, I can no longer see such. Anyone know why this has disappeared please? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MB5
      Participant

I would definitely clear any post-manufacture additions with Motability and Direct Line before you go ahead. You will need their permission to make changes which take it outside a factory spec. Adding packs is fine if during the build, but picking and choosing bits afterwards is probably going to be problematic, if the experiences of others on here are anything to go by.

phil
        Participant

I would definitely clear any post-manufacture additions with Motability and Direct Line before you go ahead. You will need their permission to make changes which take it outside a factory spec. Adding packs is fine if during the build, but picking and choosing bits afterwards is probably going to be problematic, if the experiences of others on here are anything to go by.

It’s still the dealership who would be adding those extras so I couldn’t see a big problem. The extras will be on the receipt, along with the AP so I don’t see much of a problem. The dealership I spoke to didn’t seem like they’d be a problem although he was chasing the price of a night pack up.

As the CLA itself, I came away happy enough, but I drove a Q4 S-line not too long ago and I’m thinking O want another test drive in that before making a decision as the AP is around the same.

Participant

Of course we all know we have  our own choices ,ive had cla180 sb, for 2 years, nice car for those that like mercedes , tech good ,wasn’t suitable for me with my disabilities ,at time got it pandemic not alot of choice then, I hardly drove it , mercedes company ,?? ,I had problems with them, but I’m sure it’s great car for those that choose it, ive been able to change my car early, thankyou motability. Bless all.

Participant

Participant

But good looking car 4″ ground clearance

Participant

I picked up my Mercedes CLA on Thursday after just 2 weeks since placing the order. Everything went well and my dealer kept in contact all the way through the process by both phone and email – complete contrast compared to this and Volvo where there was 6 1/2 months of total silence.

Car is fantastic and zero regrets whatsoever. I’m finding the drivers seat more comfortable than I did the XC40’s seat so that’s the main thing for me. Boot is far bigger than the Volvo too which is a major bonus in getting my mobility scooter in and having enough room for shopping/suitcase etc. Tbh I never wanted an SUV type vehicle anyway and being a shorty I find it far easier getting in/out of the CLA, I had to bend my neck/head forward quite a bit to get in/out of the XC40 with the drivers seat set up for me.

Car drives like it’s on rails compared to my Volvo and straight off the bat I’m getting 40+ mpg overall which is impressive. I think the addition of the mild hybrid equipment on the new CLA’s is definitely making a difference to its fuel economy here. Performance is great and even though a 1.3 engine you now get 177 bhp so no issues at all on that front. 😁

After almost 7 months of waiting for a car and just getting constantly let down I’m glad I cancelled my XC40 order. Volvo have lost a long standing customer over all this and I doubt I will ever get another Volvo again, they shot themselves in the foot over this. Yes, the AP cost is way to much but having said that the current AP on the XC40 is only £500 less now so when you compare the prices in June they’re pretty similar.

Participant

Well car suits you enjoy ,hev part must help mpg being short too, I’m looking forward to my suv hopefully, won’t have high loading rear that your car has . Enjoy.

Participant

I can’t understand how you find getting mobility scooter in out of cla easy ?? But you like that’s main thing .

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
                      Participant

I can’t understand how you find getting mobility scooter in out of cla easy ?? But you like that’s main thing .

Micky, it’s a fold up Travelscoot that looks like this assembled but once you take the seat off folds with 2 clicks to the size of a golf bag so just about fits lengthways unlike most cars I’ve tested.

Participant

Ahh I see that would make it better to load ,I am ex military disable now with mobility problems, luckily I have 2 friends that help me , I am looking at a reboot electric folding wheelchair , can be controlled by mobile phone to open unfold itself and fold again once out of car, can be brought from back of car to drivers door controls by mobile phone . Enjoy your new car ,uncj

Participant

Participant

Ahh I see that would make it better to load ,I am ex military disable now with mobility problems, luckily I have 2 friends that help me , I am looking at a reboot electric folding wheelchair , can be controlled by mobile phone to open unfold itself and fold again once out of car, can be brought from back of car to drivers door controls by mobile phone . Enjoy your new car ,uncj

Cheers Micky! Looks a nice bit of kit that reboot. 👍👍

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.