Mercedes-Benz now on Motability Scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    Sunflower12
    Participant

Hi, I posted earlier that my local Mercedes-Benz dealership called me this afternoon to advise they are back on Motability and will soon be going live. They gave me models/specs and pricing information. However, I can no longer see such. Anyone know why this has disappeared please? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      stevepresley100
      Participant

Hi Sunflower,

What models did they confirm ?

Many thanks

Sunflower12
        Participant

I’m cautious to post the information again as it appears my previous post with details, has been removed. I would rather not post again until the Moderator has contacted me to advise the reason for my topic disappearing. I’m sure if you call your local Mercedes-Benz dealership, they will happily provide the information to you.

MFillingham
          Participant

There has been a very long list of posts giving some detail of an impending return to the scheme for Mercedes.  Usually these threads are pretty much automatically deleted now until Motability lists them.

Motaclarity are stating Mercedes said June 1st for a return to the scheme.  It may be worth checking their site for any details until Motability confirm.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
            I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Borris
            Participant

It’s fully live on Mercedes website I suspect Motability is just behind updating site.

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/motability.html

Borris
              Participant

Sunflower12
                Participant

Apologies as I didn’t realise posting information “straight from the horses mouth,” so to speak, would be removed! If it was hearsay or via a third party, I could understand it-but it was from my local Mercedes-Benz dealership-a reliable source.

Sunflower12
                  Participant

Thank you @Borris!! Hope your post isn’t removed also!! 😂

Participant

£4K AP for a GLA 180 ?!? Ouch! No ta. 😵‍💫😳😞

Participant

Full list of cars on MB and AP prices here:

https://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/motability/price-guide.pdf

Some eye watering AP’s on it yet some like the CLA shooting brake seem not too bad value I suppose at £4K. Price List is dated 03.06.2024 so expect it to go live tomorrow or soon after.

kezo
                        Participant
                          TheSUVguy
                          Participant

Those prices hahaha, April fools must’ve come late for Mercedes

Borris
                            Participant

No problem. I know how frustrating it is having post removed etc. I got shot down when the new prices came out for the ionic 5 too.

crippleddad
                              Participant

8 grand hahahahah

wmcforum
                                Which Mobility Car

@sunflower12

Delighted to make a full apology for deleting your thread, what marvellous news that Mercedes Benz are back on the Scheme.  Due to so many, I am sure you have seen them, fake posts over Jaguar, Tesla, Mercedes to name but three immanently joining the Scheme we had no choice but to delete all posts.

I am therefore offering you a full apology for deleting your post and thank you for attempting to share your news.

WMC

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

Sunflower12
                                    Participant

@wmcforum I didn’t understand why my topic had disappeared, so thank you for advising. No worries and no need to apologise. I don’t post regularly and have only really been involved with the Volvo XC40 thread. Rest assured, I will only post my own, personal opinions and information that has come directly from a reliable/professional source. Best regards

MFillingham
                                      Participant

Having had a look through the EQA specs, it’s an interesting offer.

Positives are that it offers the 4Matic on the scheme, with the range reduction that goes with it.

For an AP of £7,999 you don’t get:

• HUD
                                        • Electric front seats
                                        • Ventilated front seats
                                        • uprated sound system
                                        • 360 camera
                                        • Keyless-Go
                                        • Wireless Phone charging

The much hated safety features, plus some useful ones are a £1495 extra, that’s for Blind spot assist, active distance assist (automatic cruise control), Active lane keep and steering, Pre-Safe system.

I honestly can’t see why this is going on anybody’s wish list unless they’re after the badge.  There’s a host of cars on the scheme that offer so much more equipment in a well built environment but without the badge or the AP, the Ioniq 5 Ultimate, Ariya, BZ4X, EV6, Enyaq, ID4/5, Lexus UX probably the e3008 and a good few others.  Some of which you’ll save all £7,999 of your AP.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                                        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

phil
                                        Participant

Off to Mercedes tomorrow after speaking with the salesman on the phone earlier about a CLA 200 executive. Explained that I was a bit gutted about the premium plus not being in the scheme as it improves the look of the car, and he said they’d be able to add a night pack with blacks out the chrome, tints the windows and upgrades the wheels to the black 19″ AMG ones on the Prem plus.

He’s sorting a price out and will let me know when I’m down there tomorrow, but he thinks it’ll be around £800/1000. And they have cars available within two weeks.

Participant

Off to Mercedes tomorrow after speaking with the salesman on the phone earlier about a CLA 200 executive. Explained that I was a bit gutted about the premium plus not being in the scheme as it improves the look of the car, and he said they’d be able to add a night pack with blacks out the chrome, tints the windows and upgrades the wheels to the black 19″ AMG ones on the Prem plus. He’s sorting a price out and will let me know when I’m down there tomorrow, but he thinks it’ll be around £800/1000. And they have cars available within two weeks.

Interesting he said that. I just happened to note the terms on their MB .pdf price list as at the bottom in small print it says this:-

Standard Metallic Paint only, offer does not include solid or manufaktur paint. Standard car only, factory fitted options cannot be added. Adaptions can only be fitted by a Motability approved insta ller as part of the Motability application, all Motability vehicles are excluded from MBUK campaign support and personalised offers. Selected stock only. Applicable for orders with a confirmed sellable commission number between 03/06/2024 – 30/06/2024.

I got the impression from that no options were available for MB cars though I really hope I’m wrong.

MissingSound7
                                            Participant

It’s good another manufacturer has come back onto the scheme but looking at the cars offered, it’s not a great selection for the amount of AP required.
                                              Feels a bit like Mercedes have decided to come back on in an attempt to shift the remaining stock they can’t sell privately.

That’s just my personal opinion though and hope that some Mobility customers will be happy with the chance to get a Mercedes.

Imiller9
                                              Participant

Shocking APs. Currently have a B200 prem plus and have extended the lease , now 3.5 years. Needed higher seats, electric seats, powered boot as necessities.
                                                think AP was about £2000 ish and MB dealer offered £500 off. Now they want 4k to 8k AP.

phil
                                                Participant

Off to Mercedes tomorrow after speaking with the salesman on the phone earlier about a CLA 200 executive. Explained that I was a bit gutted about the premium plus not being in the scheme as it improves the look of the car, and he said they’d be able to add a night pack with blacks out the chrome, tints the windows and upgrades the wheels to the black 19″ AMG ones on the Prem plus. He’s sorting a price out and will let me know when I’m down there tomorrow, but he thinks it’ll be around £800/1000. And they have cars available within two weeks.

Interesting he said that. I just happened to note the terms on their MB .pdf price list as at the bottom in small print it says this:- Standard Metallic Paint only, offer does not include solid or manufaktur paint. Standard car only, factory fitted options cannot be added. Adaptions can only be fitted by a Motability approved insta ller as part of the Motability application, all Motability vehicles are excluded from MBUK campaign support and personalised offers. Selected stock only. Applicable for orders with a confirmed sellable commission number between 03/06/2024 – 30/06/2024. I got the impression from that no options were available for MB cars though I really hope I’m wrong.

He said they’d do it in house at the dealership, so it’s not factory fitted as such, but fitted by them when they get the car.

I’ll find out more info tomorrow, but I do remember when I had a Merc before that I had wanted the black AMG alloy wheels and the dealership said they could change them when the car arrived, but I ended up happy with the ones that originally came with the car.

motabilitydriver
                                                  Participant

Hi chaps. I met with a gentleman in a dealership in Manchester today. I currently have an A class Saloon approaching the end of an extended lease.

Given I’ve had no prior issues, knock on wood, and have enjoyed my time with mercedes, I was delighted to see them rejoin the scheme.

We discussed the CLA 200 AMG Line Executive Coupe and, after reading this comment previously, I asked about any potential additions from the night pack.

Admittedly, the sales rep did explain to me he was fairly new to motability sales, but assured me there was no chance of getting any further additions. He’s giving me a call on Tuesday so I’ll push back again and perhaps ask him to double check for me.

After a brief read through last night I hadn’t noticed you mentioned additions possibly being added once the car arrives so I can add that next time too.

If you get any further information I would appreciate it if you’d update this thread. I’ll do the same of course.

Thanks.

Glos Guy
                                                    Participant

I had a quick look on the Mercedes configurator and it looked as though there weren’t options to add, so maybe it’s a Mercedes thing in that they expect you to go for a higher trim level if you want added kit. Of course, that’s a problem for Motability customers as the higher trim levels may not be available on the scheme.

MM5
                                                      Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.